Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (fuel)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-17-2003, 4:24 PM Reply   
Sometimes when I cut into the wake really hard (just to go bigger, not to do a raley), my feet want to go behind me and I always have to pull them back down. I'm not sure if this is what I've heard call the raley cut or not. I know the other day, I did a cut like that and my feet tried to go behind me. Of course, I fought it and crashed really hard. Man, I felt like I got bitch slapped by a grizzly bear. I still hurt this morning. Everybody in the boat said it was huge, though. Anyway, what I was wondering was is this that cut and if so, how do you actually land a raley?
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-17-2003, 5:00 PM Reply   
a raley cut is an aggressive progressive edge. you set up as far out as you can, and really set on edge. position your weight fairly evenly between your feet and stay on edge all the way through the top of the wake. you'll really speed up the last 5ft or so to the wake.

i've just started working on this cut and it's hella fun. you definitely go flying. it's more difficult (to me), to time your standing tall at the wake 'cause you're going that much faster, but if you do you get seriously up and out there.

i found too that if i hold my edge thru the top of the wake they want to explode out behind you. what someone here mentioned was to keep the handle down. folks don't realize when they cut that hard and take off the wake that hard that their hands tend to come up - which starts the board going behind you like a raley. keep the handle at your waist and the explosion should just send you up standing up.
Old                09-21-2003, 6:55 PM Reply   
yeah i had a problem with that too when i was gettin the hang of my edge try not cutting slower and not so far out while standing up a little more and try to jump more with your legs when u hit the wake with a little less edge adn keep the handle toward your waist. this will help you go bigger while also going wake to wake and not killing yourself in the flats and keep u standing up straight
Old                03-02-2004, 6:48 PM Reply   
I've only done raley's at the cable park. Behind a boat when should you try to stand up at the peak of the wake or just keep edging all the way through (and have the wake will throw you up itself?).
Old    stoked27            06-26-2004, 8:16 PM Reply   
I just started riding, but when I've been going off the lip, not know how I should jump, I've busted it a few times because I tried cutting through the wake, and my feet were going wild. When I let up a little, and pop right before I go off, I always land perfectly. But if you really think about it, if you imagine keeping that edge all the way through, and when you get in the air you have nothing to push against anymore, the rope is just going to pull you forward and probably leave your feet behind you. That's just what I think. I'm gonna try it tomorrow morning, never really thought about it.