Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 17, 2003

Old    ponchevez            08-26-2003, 11:50 AM Reply   

I have a Searay 200 and I want to install Perfect Pass on it. I called the Searay dealer and they claim its too hard to install on a searay.

Can some one give me some advice on this? I really want a PP on my boat.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-26-2003, 11:56 AM Reply   
it should be the same on all boats-and easy.
Old    jmccallum            08-26-2003, 1:06 PM Reply   
Boat brand doesn't matter!

I put one in a Four Winns... The important point is the motor. I have a 4.3 litre V6 Vortek by GM. What do you have?
Old    ponchevez            08-26-2003, 3:21 PM Reply   
Mine is a 5.0 mpi MerCruiser. Its suppose to be easy to install, but why did the SeaRay dealer told me they dont install because of the difficulty??? that is my concern...
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-26-2003, 3:23 PM Reply   
lazy or maybe has never done one.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-27-2003, 12:50 AM Reply   
ive got one on a 2001 20' monterey i/o with a merc efi 5.0.............hard to install........do you have a drill and screwdriver????? Really it is not that hard, couple of hours and following the instructions you will be cruising with speed control and never looking back!

(Message edited by bob on August 27, 2003)
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-27-2003, 1:06 AM Reply   
ponchevez-

I'm curious if this Sea Ray is the new boat you talked about getting in a previous post where you asked about speakers.
Old    aka Bradley Beach            08-27-2003, 7:05 AM Reply   
I just installed Perfect Pass Digital Pro on my Prostar 190 last night and it was so easy! Just make sure when you mount the servo motor that its clear of any engine covers and that the cable is loose (because it moves). The only hard part per say was pulling the dash, but wiring the head unit was simple and the computer control module was a simple plug and play! I'm testing the boat out tonight!
Old    ponchevez            08-27-2003, 4:57 PM Reply   
A.P. (bigdad)...

Yep, this is the boat I am taking about
Old     (faceplant409)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-27-2003, 8:12 PM Reply   
Call Randy @ PP and ask if they have any special throttle linkage issues with your boat.
Old    chris_hargis            08-29-2003, 11:09 AM Reply   
Your dealer strikes me as odd. I installed PP on my outboard, and it was easy. I had to build an adapter for the throttle connection based on plans I got from here, but that was the hardest part to all of it. Took about 2 hours to mount everything.