Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    SamIngram            06-02-2010, 8:34 AM Reply   
I already have Perfect Pass and am using the stock signature series prop on my '06 SAN 210, money is tight, but I can upgrade one. The stock prop is the ACME 3XX, it sucks, but it isn't that bad. It's actually the preferred prop when we are at Powell because it can cruise a long way at low RPM and relatively good speed. Getting on plain sucks in the morning with a full crew, but it's not that bad. I've always tried for fuel economy and low RPM's as far as the prop goes... My Perfect Pass works well, my boat is drive by wire. It doesn't like turns though and either slows down or speeds up a great deal when in a turn. The paddle wheel is also notorious for picking up little sticks and other debris...

I'm still open to either or maybe I should have my interior speakers installed...
Old    SamIngram            06-02-2010, 10:09 AM Reply   
BTW, the price between the two is within $40, the prop is cheaper.

Why is the type so large?
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-02-2010, 10:20 AM Reply   
I would say prop. If you didn't have pp already I would deffinately go for that but it sounds like you will get more use out of a new prop. If you don't have any interior speakers I would find a buddy that is handy and install them myself. Also from what I understand if your pulling wakeboarders all day you will get better mpg with a new prop, but if your just cruising around the lake all day your mpg will go down.
Old    SamIngram            06-02-2010, 10:24 AM Reply   
My interior is "virgin" and has never had any speakers installed. I don't want to screw it up. I would like to get the speakers "flush" mounted the way that Grant did on his Nautique a couple of years ago, but I don't have his skills...
Old     (JohnnyDefacto)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-02-2010, 10:32 AM Reply   
+1 for new prop.

Keep your stock prop as a back up AND put it on when you go to powell.
Your PP acts how mine does, check your manual and you may be able to adjust your settings to tune it to your boat weight.
Old     (olmoomba)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-02-2010, 10:36 AM Reply   
If it were me and its not.

I have a good XMP 4blade prop, great hole shot, not bad on fuel when cruising if I stay below 30mph, fine by me.
I also have perfect pass Wake pro and I hate the fact I can't dial it in again since resetting it all some time back for reasons I won't get into. But it manages....

If I knew I needed a new prop for better hole shot and my primary purpose is wakeboarding, I would go with the prop and deal with the minor issues you experience with the paddle wheel. PP turns can be dealt with and you can manually correct that on your own in anticipation of or reaction to the speed up or slow down when exiting the turn. Maybe don't turn so hard and sharp?

I plan to get Stargazer in the next month but then again, I have the props I need already.
Old     (olmoomba)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-02-2010, 12:05 PM Reply   
Here you go:

http://www.perfectpass.com/download/...mechanical.pdf

Page 10, item 7
Old     (wake26)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-02-2010, 1:45 PM Reply   
I know you should buy my prop that I have for sale in the classifieds wich will save you some coin and then you will have enough to also get the upgrade on your PP. I upgraded my PP to the staregazer and it was a night and day differernce it has to be one of the best upgrades I did to my boat. but I didn't have the prop issue either.
Old    SamIngram            06-02-2010, 1:56 PM Reply   
which prop do you have for sale and how much? I didn't find your listing anywhere.
Old     (wake26)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-02-2010, 8:48 PM Reply   
its a used 13x15x1 1/8 I used it twice before upgrading to a different one. I am asking 200 + shipping. I also sent you a PM
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-03-2010, 10:13 AM Reply   
Prop. It's easy to change back to a 'cruiser' when you want to.