Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-15-2010, 8:44 AM Reply   
http://gizmodo.com/5471805/windows-phone-7-series-everything-is-different-now

'bout time:

"Today, at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Microsoft is publicly previewing Windows Phone 7 for the first time. The brand new, totally fresh operating system will appear in phones this year, but not until the holidays. All of the major wireless carriers and every likely hardware maker are backing it..."

I'm not holding my breath for an iPhone killer, but I so hate ATnT and have really come to dislike our iPhones not to mention my disdain for iTunes. So this phone on Verizon will get me in their store with an Android OS phone in one hand and this in the other for some serious one on one time to see which wins.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-15-2010, 9:17 AM Reply   
Yes, definitely about time. I am hoping that this presses an earlier release of the Verizon iPhone.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-15-2010, 10:21 AM Reply   
I can see us moving to Verizon and getting her an iPhone and me a Win7 phone.
Old     (steve_b)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-15-2010, 10:29 AM Reply   
Will it take 20 minutes to turn on like all PCs?
....just sayin.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-15-2010, 10:34 AM Reply   
hmm, I counted less than 10 seconds from the time I hit the power button to browsing wakeworld
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-15-2010, 11:18 AM Reply   
weird how my 3yr old pc takes less than a minute to tun on to browsing.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-15-2010, 11:36 AM Reply   
Same with my 9 yr old PC....how odd
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-16-2010, 1:17 PM Reply   
Steve, I'd quit downloading all that pr0n if you want your pc to boot up faster. =P

My computer seems to boot up pretty quickly, especially considering it has about 12 programs that run at startup... Yes there's a reason for it, it's not completely lazyness.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-16-2010, 1:30 PM Reply   
This is starting to turn out like a nice OS for the phone. However, I think it might be too little too late in the game. It should have come out 3-9 months ago.