Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-27-2009, 7:05 PM Reply   
Last week we had a REALLY great time hosting Sean Cummings and his girlfriend Heather Jones. We have gotten to know them as a family at a few of the contests we have gone to. Sean is an Inland Surfer rider and I would have to say an all around good guy. I am very protective of my kids and I remember noticing this young guy messing around with Maddie (11), T-Bone (8), and Jesse (4). This always grabs my attention, because most young guys don't pay much attention to young kids. I saw right away that he was genuinely playing with them and they really enjoyed his company. So you can say that I couldn't help but like Sean right away. He invited us to meet up with him sometime to demo some IS boards for the kids.

Heather was also very playful with my kids, and my older girls really liked her. I think they said something like, "she is really nice, and isn't a ho at all". Girls are tough, aren't they? Anyway, Heather is cute as a button and the best way I could describe her is a line from a TV show we watch sometimes called the IT Crowd.

"She has SPUNK and BALLS, and I like that in a woman."

When they first came to the house we ate lunch and got ready for our first session on the lake. Heather started talking about one of her favorite movies, "Anchorman". I told her I liked ferrell in several movies, but Anchorman wasn't my favorite. She stopped, gave me this look like she wanted to rip out my heart with a spoon, and said "Well you are just a big blueberry." You have to picture that she is 5 foot nothing, and maybe 110lbs and she is standing directly in front of this 6'2" 400lb mexican and looked like she was ready to take me on if necessary. I think I told Sean she was definitely a keeper at that point.

So we took lots of pictures and video. Sean and I also filmed 4 "How To" videos that will be in our new 201 series showing you how to do several tricks. I am very excited and will finish these up in the next few days. So on to the pictures, I have about 200, and I have widdled down to about 70, I am going to see how many I can post here, I think you will enjoy.

**NOTE**
I normally don't post a bunch of pictures, its a bit time consuming. I wrote a piece of software that prepares the images perfectly for the ww requirements, so makes it alot easier. I just prepared 70 images by dragging them on my software and it took about 2 mins. So hopefully this will make the process more streamlined. I am all about WORKFLOW.

Now on to the images, these are in time sequence.

Throwing a 180 shuvit

Didn't make the first one, and he does his signature "fail" move, asking God "Why?" lol

Did I mention she was a keeper? I think this was one of those faces she would give me when I said something sarcastic.

Sean riding backwards on his Moss. Makes it look as easy as riding forward.

Sean riding switch. He does this funny thing with his right arm, you will have to wait for the video. Funny thing was, when RJ was riding switch, he does the same thing.

This is a great shot of Sean throwing a 360 shuvit.

That green and black with the IS logo, looks great on the bottom of the board.

One of Sean's signature moves, the "Gun Show". Its a fun variation of Hanging 5. The pose looking up to the sky actually makes it harder to keep your balance, and is fun to do. We did a short "How To" video on this trick, along with the 180 shuvit, and backside 180 to switch.

Fire Hydrant

Just making my wake look good!