Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-03-2010, 1:12 PM Reply   
Recently the govenor of Arizona was asked about some beheadings' she had refured to earlier when she was comenting on what type of horrific crimes were spilling over the boarder ..The person questioning her wanted specifics of the beheading and she did not comment. I am just wondering what others may think of the story?
Old    bigdtx            09-03-2010, 1:32 PM Reply   
well as of 2008 the Arizona economy was roughly 249 Billion (http://econpost.com/arizonaeconomy/a...-gdp-size-rank).

So I guess the next question would be if you were a shareholder in a 250 Billion dollar corporation would you want a CEO that makes wild statements about your company that turned out to be false?

Then when asked about those statements your CEO gives a blank stare and walks away.
Then claims it was because a panic attack...

If that's what you're looking for in a leader then good luck.
Old    deltahoosier            09-03-2010, 2:08 PM Reply   
OR.....It could be she just gave away evidence of some crimes that she was not supposed to let out of the bag. You see law enforcement/ governor types are kind of privy to things like that info and when someone like that accidently spills that beans, they are actually trained not to comment further. Better just to be quiet than to further make it worse. I guess you could go with the CEO example, but, this is government.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-03-2010, 2:09 PM Reply   
Big D your response is a perfect example of manipulation. We are talking about horrific crimes here in fact specifically beheadings. How many beheading crimes are being reported to the public?
We don't have alot o f CEO's in the leadership roles of our country for a reason.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-03-2010, 2:23 PM Reply   
Yea delta you are right! I know from family members of the deceased of a well publisized murder that the beheading was never released to the media..No body want's to hear about it hapening on US soil , but you know it's hapening on the other side of the border.
Old    bigdtx            09-03-2010, 2:27 PM Reply   
haha - well at least I was right when I figured that when confronted with the facts you you would retreat into some secret law enforcement fantasy.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-03-2010, 2:43 PM Reply   
Big D it is called respect for the dead...
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-03-2010, 2:54 PM Reply   
"but you know it's hapening on the other side of the border."
hate to break it to you, but it is happening on our soil as well.

she made a mistake by talking about something she should not have been talking about. she did the "smart" thing by keeping her trap shut after the fact.
BigD - if you really think stuff like this is NOT happening on a regular basis, I would really enjoy a puff of what you are smoking. please share the wealth of your fantasy land doobage.
Old    deltahoosier            09-03-2010, 3:41 PM Reply   
Big D. It happens everyday. Then after many decades, many of these crime stories make it out to the public in the way of all these crime shows that are on TV daily. They don't let out details of specific crimes because they know the only person who would know the details would be the person who commited the crime and of course the people at the crime scene cleaning it up. It is not a law enforcement fantasy. You are yet another example of liberal minded people who live in a freaking dream world.

Here I will change it for your digestion. Yes. Arizona is a corporation and the Governor is a CEO of said Big Evil Corporation. Beheadings and dismemberments never happen in crime. Matter of fact, crime does not actually happen, only government (or is it corporations) creating hysteria and fear to control the masses. We all know if people were not being scared by the evil corporation, they would welcome all comers from all parts of the world because there are only looking for a fair shake. Besides, why should we say who can come and go just because we got lucky and were born here? If it weren't for the corporations, we would not have to worry about a monetary system anyway.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-03-2010, 3:53 PM Reply   
Oh delta take it easy. At least give Big D's ground up nuts on a plate so he can put them back together and put them back into his sac..
Old     (magicr)      Join Date: May 2004       09-03-2010, 5:57 PM Reply   
http://www.yahoo.com/_ylt=Akna70KVfe...izona_governor

I guess the boogie man angle was made up. Ha Ha
Old    deltahoosier            09-04-2010, 8:53 AM Reply   
Well, there you go. She miss spoke. She could have had two different events tied in or she just blew it. Remember, Obama was all high and mighty about the wars being wrong and so were the democrats when they took congress in 2006. Guess where we still are? Sometimes when you actually get the information, politics start to look a little stupid.
Old    bigdtx            09-04-2010, 9:41 AM Reply   
Not sure how Obama has anything to do with it but whatever.
Old    deltahoosier            09-04-2010, 10:26 AM Reply   
I know I somehow tied it together a little while ago with Obama. Now for the life of me, I can't remember my thought on that. Maybe I was just meaning that you get different information about things when you actually are in office vs being the general public and I was trying to reflect that all the elected officials say and think all sorts of things before they actually get the facts of situations. I agree, it was not a very good segway.
Old     (266crownlinebr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-08-2010, 9:35 AM Reply   
I read all of the previous posts above. My question is this, what if there were no beheadings? Would you still want her in charge? What if she were just saying things that she read that turned out to be false, would you still want her in charge? Above, people said she may have information that she shouldn't have leaked, would you still want her in charge? What if she got information that was false about the Arizona economy and wanted to make changes or create programs baised on that false information, would she be a good person to have in charge then? In my opinion, she is wrong either way. Either she leaked information that she wasn't supposed to or she said something due to false information she heard but didn't have facts to back it up.
Old    deltahoosier            09-08-2010, 10:14 AM Reply   
You certainly expect perfection from your elected officials. There has not been a politician 100% right about anything. I don't know enough about all her policies but I know one thing. She has enough balls to say enough is enough and that is all I need to hear from her. Over 70% of Californians voted to not give illegals benefits. That was overturned by the liberal californian courts. Now look where the state is. We are constantly in a 10 to 15 billion a year deficit. It has been attributed that 7 to 9 billion a year in just educating another countries people. Then add in that we directly lose at least 25 billion dollars a year directly out of economy. It is tracked by the Mexican government as I think their 3rd largest income to the country. I have to look it up again but I think it is 33% of our prison population are illegals. How much is it a year to house prisoners? She is exactly correct on this issue.

Sounds like you have an axe to grind with her. Not a single person does or says exactly what a group of people wants every time. Some groups will complain no matter what that person does. Everyone gets that. You just want leadership and heading in the right direction. The laws get passed by groups of people not by individuals.
Old     (266crownlinebr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-08-2010, 11:33 AM Reply   
Someone Else, can you post a link to those facts? I would like to look at that information. Thanks.
Old    deltahoosier            09-10-2010, 11:53 AM Reply   
Just look on the googlez. I was here and voted for the prop. that passed regarding with holding public funds to illegals.

The votes was actually 59% of Californians voted for prop 187 which was overturned by the courts:

http://migration.ucdavis.edu/mn/more.php?id=492_0_2_0

Here is a link to the amount California spends yearly on Illegals:

This article was in 2004. I am sure the number is way higher than that now.

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/immigr...caillegals.htm

Among the key finding of the report are that the state's already struggling K-12 education system spends approximately $7.7 billion a year to school the children of illegal aliens who now constitute 15 percent of the student body. Another $1.4 billion of the taxpayers' money goes toward providing health care to illegal aliens and their families, the same amount that is spent incarcerating illegal aliens criminals.

Looking at the costs of education, health care and incarceration for illegal aliens in 1994, the Urban Institute estimated that California was subsidizing illegal immigrants to the tune of about $1.1 billion. The enormous rise in the costs of illegal immigrants over the intervening ten years is due to the rapid growth in illegal residents. It is reasonable to expect those costs to continue to soar if action is not taken to turn the tide.

"Nineteen ninety-four was the same year that California voters rebelled and overwhelmingly passed Proposition 187, which sought to limit liability for mass illegal immigration. Since then, state and local governments have blatantly ignored the wishes of the voters and continued to shell out publicly financed benefits on illegal aliens," said Stein. "Predictably, the costs of illegal immigration have grown geometrically, while the state has spiraled into a fiscal crisis that has brought it near bankruptcy.

"Nothing could more starkly illustrate the very high costs of ‘cheap labor' than California's current situation," continued Stein. "A small number of powerful interests in the state reap the benefits, while the average native-born family in California gets handed a nearly $1,200 a year bill."

Here is an article about the number of criminal aliens:

http://www.fairus.org/site/PageServe...suecenters0b9c

Criminal aliens—non-citizens who commit crimes—are a growing threat to public safety and national security, as well as a drain on our scarce criminal justice resources. In 1980, our federal and state prisons housed fewer than 9,000 criminal aliens. By the end of 1999, these same prisons housed over 68,000 criminal aliens.1 Today, criminal aliens account for over 29 percent of prisoners in Federal Bureau of Prisons facilities and a higher share of all federal prison inmates.2 These prisoners represent the fastest growing segment of the federal prison population. Over the past five years, an average of more than 72,000 aliens have been arrested annually on drug charges alone. New issue paper.

Here is an article regarding remittance to mexico from the USA:

http://www.dallasfed.org/research/swe/2007/swe0704b.cfm

Mexicans living in the United States sent a record $23.1 billion back home in 2006, putting remittances third after oil and maquiladora exports as a foreign-exchange generator for Mexico (Chart 1). Over the last decade or so, inflation-adjusted remittances have grown at an average annual rate of 15.6 percent. Since 2000, the rate has risen to 20.4 percent.

Here is an article regarding California annual deficit:

http://www.lao.ca.gov/2009/bud/fisca...ok_111809.aspx

Our forecast of California’s General Fund revenues and expenditures shows that the state must address a General Fund budget problem of $20.7 billion between now and the time the Legislature enacts a 2010–11 state budget plan. The budget problem consists of a $6.3 billion projected deficit for 2009–10 and a $14.4 billion gap between projected revenues and spending in 2010–11. Addressing this large shortfall will require painful choices—on top of the difficult choices the Legislature made earlier this year.

Anything else? The info is pretty easy to get too.