Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       06-16-2005, 2:37 PM Reply   
I feel bad because I didn't really take any pictures of the boat because we were in it! :-) Here are some pics of a fun morning anyway...

Geoff gets Geoiggy (jiggy)...

Sometimes She Cries (Warrant rules)

Geoff is impressed by the size of the wake, especially when he's failed to deploy his landing gear.

And this is what he looks like after having his bell rung due to the aforementioned landing gear problem.

Paula rides...

But is unhappy with the result.

Steve gives it a go...

The stereo comes with two tuners...

That's me in the background...
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-16-2005, 2:50 PM Reply   
So how did you like it? Post a few pictures of it n the trailer.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-16-2005, 2:54 PM Reply   
wake pictures? thoughts?
Old    walt            06-16-2005, 2:54 PM Reply   
Nice pics Dave !
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-16-2005, 2:56 PM Reply   
sweet ride. does the 06 have different ballast than the '05?
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       06-16-2005, 2:59 PM Reply   
Some more pix here:
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/234776.html?1118958311

The wake is SUPER clean, honestly the VLX has one of the nicest shaped wakes out there. For just running stock ballast and only having a couple people in the boat, it had very good size to it too, not huge... but bigger than I need to do anything I can do. The boat is really an awesome ride.

I want one....

-Steve
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       06-16-2005, 3:37 PM Reply   
I'm very happy with the boat. We didn't bring out any extra ballast because I wanted to see how it was with the stock ballast of 1250 in four tanks. I was very pleased with the wake it produced. The shape is perfect for my style of riding. It's got a mellow transition with a nice peak at the top. I especially like the digital gauges for each of the four ballast tanks.

After my first fall I actually said, "This is going to sound stupid, but this is the best wake I've ever ridden." Then I realized that one of the hoses on the engine was loose and water had filled the bilge, so I wasn't really running "stock" ballast any more. After tightening that up and pumping the water out, I was still stoked on the wake. However, I was even happier knowing that with a few extra pounds, this boat generated the ultimate wake for me as far as shape and size go.

The driver's seat heater may be my favorite accessory. I thought it was kind of silly to have that in a boat at first, but it's really nice on a cloudy morning like today. Add in that three-vent heater and I was toasty as can be.

The swimstep is huge and bows up so that the board isn't resting on its fins. That's one of those things that seems simple and somebody probably should have thought of 10 years ago. However, that makes it a little tough to remove by yourself if you have to. I did it the other day, but I'll probably get help the next time. I don't think I want to drop that on the driveway.

The stereo sounded amazing after the boys tinkered with it and got the subwoofer woofing. The transom remote is another good toy.

I'm kind of fascinated by all the little gadgety things (water and air temp, depth gauge, ballast gauges, etc.) because my old boat didn't have many of those. I finally own a boat with Perfect Pass and most of you already know how great that is. My wife will love it even more.

I'm still waiting on a complete list of things that are new for '06. I can't make the comparison myself because I'm not that familiar with the 2005.

I'll be taking some pictures this weekend and will post them up on Monday.
Old     (purana182)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-16-2005, 4:36 PM Reply   
Dave, freaking great boat, great ride man. Anyone looking, it was def an awsome boat and some pretty cool stuff on it. I haven't riddin a stock wake in awhile and it was pretty nice, giving us all some good pop.
-By the way dave... thanks for those charming pictures, don't worry though, i have finished spitting blood, chest is still a little tight though, kinda know where i am now, and oh yea, my entire upper body has pretty much stopped stining to any touch, but again thanks for those awsome pics, any ladies interested after seeing those, i am available so go ahead and call me up. LOL!!!! Anyways, great boat man. ope to get out there with you again soon.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-16-2005, 4:53 PM Reply   
Was that an under rotated back roll? You look really concerned!
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-16-2005, 6:18 PM Reply   
Yes, I would have to agree, there seemed to definately be a look of concern on your face, just prior to the sh*% eating. Next time wait until the top of the wake before you initiate the half-cab roll (I'm guessing you were doing a half-cab roll).

(Message edited by kristian on June 16, 2005)
Old     (purana182)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-16-2005, 6:36 PM Reply   
Kristian, buddy, haven't seen talked to you forever man, don't know if you even remember me, but i was going for the ugly version of the toeside frontroll, hurt just a but, but yea, need a some more pop and a little better rotation. Thanks bud
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       06-16-2005, 6:49 PM Reply   
Damn Geoff, looks like you weren't ready for that crash! Hahhaa. Sorry to hear you got hurt, but you're tough, you'll survive. You're still in for Sunday, right?

-Blake
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       06-16-2005, 6:51 PM Reply   
Great shots Dave.. sounds the first day was great despite a few minor setbacks..Heated drivers seat hey? SWEET!!! I was just thinking that same thing the other morning-"Man we need heated seats" and poof, malibu has it as a option. No pics of you riding behind the new baby? well congrats again and hopfully we can hook up soon.
Geoff---Toeside front roll hey?? SWEET!! well maybe not in that pic at least. Did you get to stick one today?
Steve--looks like spins were in the lineup for today? Anymore 5's?
Paula--great to see you getting to ride! Can you get to Elsi on mondays?
See you guys soon.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-17-2005, 2:23 AM Reply   
Geoff, of course I remember you! Dude, frontroll, I wont lie, you were way off, lol.
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       06-17-2005, 7:55 AM Reply   
Dave- Very Sharp. Great Color scheme. I noticed you even got a rope/handle to match

Geoff- Ouch. Why is it your always on camera at just the right moments???

Kevin- I'm with you, bring on the heated seats!
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-17-2005, 9:55 AM Reply   
Sweet pictures... haha nice facial expression Geoff
Old     (purana182)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-17-2005, 9:38 PM Reply   
whoops, my bad kristian, i meant toeside backroll, yea that would have been a really ugly frontroll! lol