Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-12-2005, 8:34 AM Reply   
is it possible to somehow put a name on the back of a vest like you would see on a jersey? i always wanted my last name on the back of my baseball jerseys when i was little but it never happened so i thought that maybe i can do it with my life vest. i could probably iron it on but it probably wouldnt stay and/or mess up the fabric on my vest. by the way its a jet pilot stance (USGC approved). any input is aprreciated
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-12-2005, 8:51 AM Reply   
You could go get it stiched on. Depending on how big will change your cost. It would stay for a long time tho. I think a silk screen would probably work too from a professional and be more economical. Get a number on the back too while you are at it.
Old     (hyperlink)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-12-2005, 10:30 AM Reply   
I ironed Fox Racing jersey letters on mine and they are coming off so i wouldnt recomend that but mine says WET
I got alot of laughs on the lake.
Brandon Link
Old    absolutofft            02-12-2005, 11:31 PM Reply   
stencil and spray paint?
Old     (dbjts)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-13-2005, 12:52 AM Reply   
Change your name to Jobe, Bodyglove or Oneil
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-14-2005, 10:07 AM Reply   
Stencil and spraypaint works perfect. I stenciled CIE on the shoulder of one of my vests a couple years ago and it stayed permanently.
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-14-2005, 1:01 PM Reply   
the spraypaint seems like a good idea but im not very good at making stencils (there is not a drop of artistic blood in my body) and im affraid that i will look ghetto when im done
Old    swass            02-14-2005, 1:14 PM Reply   
Do you have your initials in your underwear, too?

You can buy pre-made stencils.
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-14-2005, 1:37 PM Reply   
swass- of course i have my initials on my underwear!
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       02-15-2005, 2:03 PM Reply   
If it's an approved vest you might want to double check with your approval body to ensure that this won't compromise the integrity of the vest (in actual flotation, or their opinion of it).
Old     (mahaney)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-25-2005, 7:22 PM Reply   
I work in a screenprint shop. find one in your area, bring the vest, and ask them. if the surface is flat, they can screenprint or heat stamp the letters on with pressmark.
I would suggest using the pressmark method because it is cheaper, and can be done in a matter of minutes; which means you don't have to wait around without a vest to ride with.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       02-26-2005, 2:09 AM Reply   
We always had screenprinting done on rashguards for our college ski team jerseys. Don't see why the same couldn't be done on a vest.