Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old     (ridemywake)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-12-2006, 9:47 AM Reply   
Im centrally located in Ks. Got a boat,tower, the works, Looking to learn to throw some more tricks.
Old     (airfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-12-2006, 9:52 AM Reply   
Shaun,
Lots of us here in Kansas. I'm in Wichita, There are several more in the KC area. Where are you stationed?
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-12-2006, 9:57 AM Reply   
KC area here. Shoot me an email if you want to ride.

gschmidt1@gmail.com
Old     (ridemywake)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-12-2006, 10:00 AM Reply   
Im from hutchinson area...but like to drop @KC water sports....going on wendsday maybe.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-12-2006, 10:09 AM Reply   
I love Kc watersports...

There was a guy or two looking to hook up in the KC area on the forums at www.midwestwakeboarder.com (might have been in the missouri forum).

Shaun, how is the new ripcurl slider?
Old     (longhornfan)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-12-2006, 10:10 AM Reply   
Hey AirFreak, Wichita also. Where do you usualy ride? I go down to Winfield lake alot 'cause my in-laws are in Mulvane and it's closer for them. I need to find someone with some skills to ride with and hopefuly help me progress some. I'm getting alot better with my board control and getting bigger airs but I'm kinda' stuck right now.
Old     (airfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-12-2006, 1:02 PM Reply   
Kenneth, I ride mainly at Windfield. Blue white 02 X-Star. Do alot of hydrofoiling. We ride year round. Avoid the busy times, early morning or afterwork. Was there the past two fridays after work. Don't have a hugh bag of tricks, but not bad for an old guy:-)
Old     (ridemywake)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-12-2006, 2:39 PM Reply   
Well i mainly go to cheney it is close for me but usually three to four times a week. No big bag of tricks here...just some wake 180's but would like someone who is as eager as I to push me a little...I like to goof around on the skate too.
Old     (longhornfan)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-12-2006, 2:58 PM Reply   
AirFreak, I've probably seen you out there then, I've been out every weekend for the past month, missed this Friday and Saturday though. I've got the all white Bayliner runabout. No tower on it and some sand added for weight. I think I tried to jump your wake as y'all passed me a couple of weekends ago, may have been Memorial Day weekend. I got some decent air off your wake but didn't stick the landing. Was that you? That's a nice boat if so. Shaun, I used to go to Cheney skiing back in High School but stay away from there and El Dorado anymore 'cause all the idiots on Jet Ski's.
Old     (airfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-12-2006, 3:49 PM Reply   
Can't say I remember. But if you see me again, flag me down. I'll keep a look out for a bayliner.
Old     (longhornfan)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-12-2006, 3:55 PM Reply   
You'll recognize me if you see me riding, tall skinny big nosed guy with an orange and black life jacket. If you see a guy out there and wonder how legs so skinny could support and carry any human being that'll be me. No making fun of my "Get Away Sticks" if I flag 'ya down though. Should I just ask for AirFreak when flagging down any blue and white Mastercraft?
Old     (getsome137)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-15-2006, 5:53 PM Reply   
i am in the topeka area...i usually ride by lawrence...if anyone wants a ride or needs a third...drop me a line...
Old     (macanudo247)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-15-2006, 6:04 PM Reply   
Hey im from wichita also... I have and old i/o but i aslo work at marine world and am usually behind those boats. Anybody who needs a third give me a call.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-16-2006, 7:09 AM Reply   
Newton, ride at Marion Res. and east lake.
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-16-2006, 8:04 AM Reply   
I'm in KC - go to Hillsdale quite a bit - probably going to check out Clinton Lake this weekend.
Old     (tigerblp)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-16-2006, 11:23 PM Reply   
i'm in KC at the moment... great crews here... You can find them all (or hook ups to them) at the cable.
Old     (bradenb12)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-17-2006, 4:58 PM Reply   
Wichita here...
Old     (airfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-20-2006, 9:26 AM Reply   
Ken, did you make it to Windfield on Sunday? Saw a white bayliner but didn't get a chance to stop. Way to rough out there. Had to foil most the day.