Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-30-2004, 7:45 PM Reply   
Just so yaz know, I finally hooked it up on my Epic 22. You will lose 1or 2 MPH top speed due to decreased throttle throw, but it is doable and works great for wakeboarding. High speeds are for super homo tattooed shaved head (balls? probably, don' wanna know) thumbs up throwing barefooting wankers. Not that there's anything wrong with that....
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-30-2004, 9:10 PM Reply   
Pete, you are so the man. Good thing you're not driving a MC, SAN or BU. We Toy drivers need you.

Just so you all know, Pete single-handedly got Perfect Pass to use him as developer. His website www.epicmarine.com is the pied piper to us Toy owners.

Kinda the whitechocolate of the epic community.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-30-2004, 9:17 PM Reply   
Sorry, didn't mean to get off on the wrong foot with tattooed shaved head homos.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-01-2004, 10:14 AM Reply   
I might have been insulted if i could have figure out what you where trying to say
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-01-2004, 10:34 AM Reply   
My friend's GF has a gravity games edition Epic SX22 and Toyota has their own brand of perfect pass on it. Whenever we ride we never use it I was curious how it works, I'm guessing not so good if someone would go through the rigors of being the first to install and design PP on an Epic. I forget what the brand name is but do any of you Toyota owner's use it?? PS the Gravity Games Epic looks sweet in my opinion.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       09-01-2004, 11:16 AM Reply   
Accuski????
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-01-2004, 12:41 PM Reply   
that's right accuski does it work well just curious??
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-01-2004, 11:09 PM Reply   
As implemented in the Toyota, no. Not only is it incapable of paddlewheel speedos in our boats, the control response is poor. All of our Toys came with the CPU, but the servo and extra cabling was optional. Reports from owners are quite negative; some will run in RPM-hold mode because it's better than nothing.
Old     (villageidiot)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-02-2004, 9:11 AM Reply   
And I can't figure out how to make my Accuski work. I have an upgraded version with a foot pedal and stuff (at least I think it was upgraded). It's really confusing -- not at all like Perfect pass, and I choose to not even mess with it anymore. Perfect Pass has several ups on accuski besides the points Derek listed: PP's on-the-fly speed adjustments being the big one for me.

Ryan -- didn't know you were an Epic fan, now I'm kinda wishing I had more time to make it all the way to Roosevelt this weekend!
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-02-2004, 10:21 AM Reply   
Cal, the problem with our Accuski is that it's not a total POS. In fact, it's CPU and display are how we get depth, engine hours, how our gauges get driven, etc. Pete's solution is the shizzle, but it would clearly be cooler if friggin Accuski would have worked with us to improve their system. As far as bells and whistles go, Accuski has PP beat. Unfortunately, we don't buy those things for bells and whistles, and since our Accuski is a POS cruise control, it's (almost) worthless to us.

My deal is I don't want to give up any one of the four gauges in our dash.
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-02-2004, 10:23 AM Reply   
Cal-I got the chance finally to ride behind one. The Gravity Games Edition my buddy's GF has and I was impressed. A lot of people complain about the wake, but we were running stock ballast center tank (700lbs???) and two 500lb sacks in the rear lockers and I was impressed. Good amount of vert to it and clean. Could have used a sack in the bow to even things out. Plus the boat looks really sweet with the red and black color scheme. My only complaint is they never take the boat out.
Old     (villageidiot)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-02-2004, 10:24 AM Reply   
Ryan -- you're not talking about Jessica J. are you?
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-02-2004, 10:41 AM Reply   
Yeah I figured you'd probably know here since there are only a few Toyota owners in Washington and all seem to love their boats. She's a cool girl my buddy Kyle and her hardly ever take the boat out though. Gotta convince them that their Toyota needs used.
Old     (villageidiot)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-02-2004, 10:49 AM Reply   
Actually I knew her from college. Too funny...I'll bet we know a lot of the same people, then. Tell her I say hi next time you see her. Everytime I run into her (which isn't very often), I bug her about the fact that the boat sits all the time. I knew her before they had the Toyota -- when I heard they bought one, I was EXTREMELY jealous... (now I have my own!)

(hijack over)
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-02-2004, 10:52 AM Reply   
Nice yeah we probably do know a ton of the same people. I'll let her know you say hi next time I see her. I know once Kyle moves into his new house he's gonna be buggin her to take the boat out on Samm or Washington so hopefully I'll get to ride behind it a couple more times this year. I'm still working on getting them to come out this weekend but it seems hopeless.