Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-19-2004, 11:02 AM Reply   
I thought you CWB fans might appreciate some feedback on the Transcend. I rode it for three sets this past weekend. I'm 170lbs and 5'9".
I rode the 142. My primary board is a Platinum Absolute.

The first thing I noticed:
Damn this board is SLOW!

Cutting outside the wake to setup for my next trick was a lot more work. I could have sworn I was dragging something behind, or my driver was pulling slow. Definitely the slowest board I have ever ridden.

The pop was awesome, which made up for the lack of speed. The board took me up a lot higher, especially on the spins, even with a gentle approach. The landings seemed just a soft as the Absolute and at the same time tighter. It actually tracked a lot nicer than the Absolute on the landings. I'd say the landings were better on the Transcend (for me).

(For me) The ride is just slightly tighter than the Absolute and holds a slightly harder edge. Surprisingly, it still broke loose really easy in the flats and released from the wake perfectly (for me).

I loved everything about it, except for the speed. This board might be better for the guys that ride faster with a longer line.

Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-19-2004, 11:10 AM Reply   
J-rod how fast were you riding?
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-19-2004, 11:14 AM Reply   
SLOW? I thought it was supposed to be a fast board..thats shocking. Thanks for the awesome feedback, greatly appreciated but I will always stick to my absolute.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-19-2004, 11:18 AM Reply   
I think I was riding at about 24. Can't be sure though.

Big-rocker boards are often slow.
Old    wakemeupaz            07-19-2004, 12:17 PM Reply   
I just bought a Transcend 142 from Adrenaline. I currently ride the 04 Absolute Platinum as well. I am hoping the Transcend is more controllable off the wake than my Absolute. I have had some difficulty on my toeside release with the Absolute.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-19-2004, 12:28 PM Reply   
If you mean the Absolute is a little too loose for you, you will probably like the Transcend.
Old    shopguy            07-19-2004, 12:35 PM Reply   
How much did you pay for the transend?
Old    blindsiderider            07-19-2004, 12:56 PM Reply   
The trancend is going to be slower. That is why I dont ride it. Just wait for the 05 absolute it has got a new shape and is awesome. not to mention the 05 Zues bindings are SICK

(Message edited by blindsiderider on July 19, 2004)
Old    wakemeupaz            07-19-2004, 1:05 PM Reply   
I love everything about my Absolute except my toeside release. I rode a Belmont DNA prior to this board and didn't have a problem with my toeside. I am sure it's my toeside bad form that just can't be hidden with the 3 stage rocker on the Absolute. I have been getting better, but it's still not consistent.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-20-2004, 1:44 AM Reply   
ts jumps have to be perfected when u move from a continuous to 3stage, i had this problem for a pretty long time.
Old    r_dub            07-20-2004, 6:32 AM Reply   
You know, I had just the opposite experience with my toeside. I went from a continuous to a 3 stage, and it has really helped me. My toeside is still definitely weak, but it has improved. I still feel like I cant generate the speed that I really need, which has always been my problem, but the pop from the 3 stage has made up for it. But I guess that's why they make so many different shapes, cause we all ride a bit different.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-20-2004, 7:39 AM Reply   
You don't need speed. Edge hard all the way up and through the wake. Try taking a shorter approach.
Old    r_dub            07-20-2004, 8:10 AM Reply   
Yeah, I guess I didnt really mean speed. What I meant was, Im not edging all the way through the wake on the 3 stage, and it still generates more pop for me then my continuous.
I completely understand the concept, I just cant execute it perfectly. I have always had a problem when edging completely through the wake on my toeside. I can do it, but Im all off balance in the air. But read an article recently that I think will help me. Basically it talks about bending your knees a little more and "rolling" your knees forward, which will allow you to keep your upper body to be a little more verticle but your board will still be on edge. I think that will correct my problem because, I was just leaning my whole body away from the boat. It was an interesting article, becase no one really ever talks about body position except for the whole "stand tall" thing. It's like thats all you ever here people say is, edge through the wake and stand tall.
Ok, sorry to get way off subject here.