Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-03-2018, 9:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
I still currently serve in the Reserves
That explains it.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-03-2018, 9:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
WTF are you talking about? I have never discussed any specifics of my military service with you. Do you just like making $h!t up? Are you expecting people to believe you just because you are a cop?

One thing you have displayed with your post of utter nonsense is that you are a compulsive liar and someone that likes to invent your own narrative. Not surprising coming from a guy like you.

One more thing. I don't think you need to comment on the US military any longer. It's blatantly obvious you don't have an effing clue of what you are talking about.
Easy now.
Attached Images

Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-03-2018, 4:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
WTF are you talking about? I have never discussed any specifics of my military service with you. Do you just like making $h!t up? Are you expecting people to believe you just because you are a cop?

One thing you have displayed with your post of utter nonsense is that you are a compulsive liar and someone that likes to invent your own narrative. Not surprising coming from a guy like you.

One more thing. I don't think you need to comment on the US military any longer. It's blatantly obvious you don't have an effing clue of what you are talking about.
Compulsive liar. Riiiight. The stats and explanations attached are all lies. Gee what content have you posted disputing them ?????? As far as your military experience being discussed. You can’t help yourself posting the most asinine bs . You don’t even remember what you post . Your answers speak for themselves and what you think of your country and your military experience. They show exactly what you stand for. You’ve been severed on more than one occasion regarding that . Head to your safe space.

I am still awaiting answers to the questions contained in post. Oh wait that’s right. You don’t answer tough questions , you just hurl insults................ you bury yourself with nonsensensical thoughts . I don’t have to do it for you . Another flyby post failing to answer anything.. I love it. Even better is the fact a guy who doesn’t wear a a uniform is telling the guy who dons two he doesn’t know &&@“ about them You’re awesome

Last edited by xstarrider; 02-03-2018 at 4:38 PM.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-03-2018, 5:26 PM Reply   
Jeremy is the guy who's like the guy who has been married 5 times and blames all the women he was married to for his failures. Hello? Look in the mirror.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-03-2018, 8:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Jeremy is the guy who's like the guy who has been married 5 times and blames all the women he was married to for his failures. Hello? Look in the mirror.
oh the irony.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-03-2018, 9:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
The stats and explanations attached are all lies. Gee what content have you posted disputing them ??????
What % of food stamps go to immigrants again?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-04-2018, 4:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
I was waiting for another genius to pop in and show off his intelligence.

You must have been wanting to use that quote for awhile, so please explain how it has any context to what I posted.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-04-2018, 4:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Compulsive liar. Riiiight. The stats and explanations attached are all lies. Gee what content have you posted disputing them ?????? As far as your military experience being discussed. You can’t help yourself posting the most asinine bs . You don’t even remember what you post . Your answers speak for themselves and what you think of your country and your military experience. They show exactly what you stand for. You’ve been severed on more than one occasion regarding that . Head to your safe space.

I am still awaiting answers to the questions contained in post. Oh wait that’s right. You don’t answer tough questions , you just hurl insults................ you bury yourself with nonsensensical thoughts . I don’t have to do it for you . Another flyby post failing to answer anything.. I love it. Even better is the fact a guy who doesn’t wear a a uniform is telling the guy who dons two he doesn’t know &&@“ about them You’re awesome
People have already debunked your welfare stats, so I don't feel I need to go down that road.

This is the problem with guys like you. You proclaim to love the troops and vets, that is unless they share different political views. Then they are scum. Name a time I discussed my service with you. I can't recall speaking much on it with anyone except maybe with deltahoosier, but even then, I don't recall saying much about it. Usually the only time I bring it up is when dumbasses like you accuse me of being anti-military or something similar.

Insults? You have been condescending towards me since I mentioned the Navy, as if it is an inferior branch.

I wore a uniform dumbass. I served in the Navy for 6 years. Do you just think I forgot about it? Do you think I cannot remember what my duties and obligations to the country were? You're a reservist. You play military one weekend a month and a couple of weeks out of the year. I'll take my lecture from someone else.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-04-2018, 2:28 PM Reply   
Silence may help you discover the "Mirror".
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-04-2018, 11:11 PM Reply   
Trump still stiffing small business for millions, disgusting:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.2612719f8d01
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-05-2018, 1:38 AM Reply   
Oh and still a compulsive, insecure liar
Attached Images

Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-05-2018, 1:56 PM Reply   
Lets wait while little Donnie takes credit for the 1100 point drop in the stock market today. lol.
How is that transparency of the Repubs going, release the dem response to little devin.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-05-2018, 3:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Lets wait while little Donnie takes credit for the 1100 point drop in the stock market today. lol.
It's obamas fault. First Trump got in and made the stock market go up, now somehow Obama has managed to make it go down even tho he's been out of office for a year. He's like a wizard that Obama.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-05-2018, 3:50 PM Reply   
Its not black Monday, Its Obama Monday. Trump doesn't like anything black or anything obama.
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-06-2018, 2:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Trump has been President 1 year = Black un employment lowest in recorded history. Nuff said. This is what happens when you elect a business man VS a cominity Organizer.
Please, don't give Trump credit for this. Everybody understands that this is like steering a boot. First you turn the wheel, and then after some time the boot will turn.

Obama set a real good solid base for the USA in the world for the economy and Trump benefits from this at this point.
Unfortunately Trump is tearing it down, I know of a lot of business outside the USA who are curerntly withdrawing/not investing there business because of the current politic climate in the USA (keep in mind that simple things like taking a laptop to the USA for foreign business was not possible for a while).
Trump is a very good business man, when you want to circulate money within the USA. Not when you want to make new money...
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-06-2018, 10:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by laptom View Post
Trump is a very good business man
He's been bankrupt 6 times
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-06-2018, 11:07 AM Reply   
If you have nextflix the series "Dirty Money" has an episode on Trump, its an entertaining watch on his business skill.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-06-2018, 11:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
People have already debunked your welfare stats, so I don't feel I need to go down that road.

This is the problem with guys like you. You proclaim to love the troops and vets, that is unless they share different political views. Then they are scum. Name a time I discussed my service with you. I can't recall speaking much on it with anyone except maybe with deltahoosier, but even then, I don't recall saying much about it. Usually the only time I bring it up is when dumbasses like you accuse me of being anti-military or something similar.

Insults? You have been condescending towards me since I mentioned the Navy, as if it is an inferior branch.

I wore a uniform dumbass. I served in the Navy for 6 years. Do you just think I forgot about it? Do you think I cannot remember what my duties and obligations to the country were? You're a reservist. You play military one weekend a month and a couple of weeks out of the year. I'll take my lecture from someone else.
Condescending ,,,,,, you need a Webster’s dictionary snowflake. Nobody’s accused you of being anti- military.........just a libtard, narrow minded troll that puts his head in the sand and runs to his safe place every time the tough questions come up. Still waiting for those answers !!!!!!!!

Last edited by xstarrider; 02-06-2018 at 11:59 AM.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-06-2018, 12:22 PM Reply   
Whew, relief at last. Little Devins memo has 100% vindicated trump. Nothing to see here, everyone back to work.
Trumps quote/tweet. No Fake news.
"This memo totally vindicates 'Trump' in probe. But the Russian Witch Hunt goes on and on. Their [sic] was no Collusion and there was no Obstruction (the word now used because, after one year of looking endlessly and finding NOTHING, collusion is dead). This is an American disgrace!"
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-06-2018, 3:11 PM Reply   
From another true war hero, she calls him "Cadet Bonespurs"
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...Gzl?li=BBnbfcL
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-06-2018, 9:16 PM Reply   

Like the rest of the Trump team, looks like his hair is trying to lawyer up and run away lol. As fake as the rest of him.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-07-2018, 5:32 AM Reply   
Obama is in the witness protection program.
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/...siest-way-put/
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-07-2018, 6:09 AM Reply   
It's ok for the democrats to get information from the Russians. Yes for you dems pictures of naked Trump. First come. First serve.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Trump-pic.html

Last edited by deneng; 02-07-2018 at 6:12 AM.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-07-2018, 9:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneng View Post
some hard hitting "news" right there. Nothing like a written transcript of a pundit's conspiracy theories to make me all warm and fuzzy inside.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-07-2018, 12:30 PM Reply   
He is turning into an aspiring dictator like Putin and KIM in NKorea. Now Trump wants a military parade with tanks and marching soldiers...probably wants a fly-over too. The SOB has lost it. This is a great way to waste tax and military dollars.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/salvadorher...Kw0#.swQ53arX4
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-07-2018, 12:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneng View Post
Your using Sean Hannity AND breitbart as a source? Well that certainly is non biased reporting. Carry on. Fool.
Please support trumps position that the memo totally vindicates trump. Then as Hannity states, transparency, lets see the response.
Have you seen the "Dossier"? Have you read the senates interview with Fusion GPS's Glenn Simpson? How about the house's interview with Simpson? All public info with links for them in this thread. Or are you just reading breitbart? Parrot.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-07-2018, 1:29 PM Reply   
Rob Porter seems like a nice guy. Turns out FBI wouldn't give him security clearance because of his "dark past" so seems unlikely the WH did't know he was a bit punchy with his loved ones. "Only the best people"....
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-07-2018, 1:39 PM Reply   
Just cause he puts the beat down on his wives (just 2)...doesn't mean he shouldn't get a security clearance.
Porter once asked me "what do you tell a girl with 2 black eyes?" "nothing you havnt already told her twice."
So far, how many people have quit, been fired, released or left because of disagreement with the administration? @only the best.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-07-2018, 3:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Congratulations @ElonMusk and @SpaceX on the successful #FalconHeavy launch. This achievement, along with @NASA’s commercial and international partners, continues to show American ingenuity at its best!
7:05 PM - Feb 6, 2018

41.1K people are talking about this
Except he is from South Africa, one of those S*hole countries.
Classic foot in mouth
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-07-2018, 4:55 PM Reply   
Are you guys doing military parades now? Cute. Fingers and toes crossed Trump dresses up like a general with some fake medals.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-07-2018, 6:08 PM Reply   
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ele...op-u-s-n845721

The U.S. official in charge of protecting American elections from hacking says the Russians successfully penetrated the voter registration rolls of several U.S. states prior to the 2016 presidential election.

In an exclusive interview with NBC News, Jeanette Manfra, the head of cybersecurity at the Department of Homeland Security, said she couldn't talk about classified information publicly, but in 2016, "We saw a targeting of 21 states and an exceptionally small number of them were actually successfully penetrated."

Jeh Johnson, who was DHS secretary during the Russian intrusions, said, "2016 was a wake-up call and now it's incumbent upon states and the Feds to do something about it before our democracy is attacked again."
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-07-2018, 6:54 PM Reply   
The headline is a little misleading, Wes. Most readers will see "voter systems" and immediately think that some votes were changed when they were not, but that is probably not an accident. "voter registration systems” would have been more appropriate. However, what concerns me is that no attempts were made to *stop* the Russian hack.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-07-2018, 9:00 PM Reply   
Agreed! This is why I didn’t (and typically try not to) post the headline.
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-08-2018, 7:23 AM Reply   
Meanwhile, in China and Russia . . . . https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/06/russ...ol-arctic.html
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-08-2018, 9:07 PM Reply   
The biggest news right now is Rand Paul’s speech
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-08-2018, 9:45 PM Reply   
Yeah, Republican Senator Paul has it right.

"When the Democrats are in power, Republicans appear to be the conservative party," Paul said at one point. "But when Republicans are in power, it seems there is no conservative party. The hypocrisy hangs in the air and chokes anyone with a sense of decency or intellectual honesty."

"The reason I'm here tonight is to put people on the spot," Paul said. "I want people to feel uncomfortable. I want them to have to answer people at home who said, 'How come you were against President Obama's deficits, and then how come you're for Republican deficits?' Isn't that the very definition of intellectual dishonesty?...Isn't that the very definition of hypocrisy?"
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-09-2018, 7:13 AM Reply   
Yes he did indeed say that. He came down on his own party and it was good to see a politician take an honest look in the mirror. He criticized his opposition as well. In short he says both parties are getting what they want. More spending for military, more spending for welfare and social services. Plenty of blame to go around. Hopefully this speech makes waves.
Attached Images

Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-09-2018, 7:22 AM Reply   
What's ironic is that Republicans are the so-called deficit hawks, yet the deficit declines under Democratic Presidents and goes up under Republican Presidents. The rising deficit under Trump was pretty predictable long before Rand gave his speech.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-09-2018, 8:57 AM Reply   
well they agreed to just spend more everywhere, big government at home and abroad.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-09-2018, 9:46 AM Reply   
Maybe Vanilla Gorilla can come in with his alternative math and show us how deficits are a good thing now lol.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-09-2018, 10:33 AM Reply   
Trumps 11th bankruptcy coming soon!
Attached Images

Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-09-2018, 11:05 AM Reply   
The newest Olympic event: The super complicated mental gymnastics you have to do to remain a Trump supporter.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-09-2018, 11:29 AM Reply   
... frivolous spending is hardly just a republican theme. Trying to walk this thread back to some things we can agree on.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-09-2018, 12:09 PM Reply   
It's not difficult plhorn, just be against any and everything that comes out of Pelosi's mouth. Simple, effortless....yada yada
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-09-2018, 1:24 PM Reply   
Just imagine the uproar if there would have been a shutdown because of Senator Paul. Maybe having politicians take a basic class before taking office is in order. I can't say this often but I agree with Wes and John on this one.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-09-2018, 3:14 PM Reply   
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-09-2018, 6:17 PM Reply   
Another great milestone for trump!
Check out @MamaRose2017’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/MamaRose2017/sta...513657856?s=09
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-09-2018, 7:49 PM Reply   
Hold the press. Am I reading this right? "House Democrats, after threatening to bring the bill down because it did nothing to protect young undocumented immigrants, gave Speaker Paul D. Ryan of Wisconsin the votes he did not have in his own party and ensured passage. In the end, 73 House Democrats voted yes to more than offset the 67 Republicans who voted no." I'm not sure why Trump caved but the GOP is clearly not the only ones at fault here. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/08/u...deal-vote.html
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-09-2018, 8:38 PM Reply   
Remember, the GOP has only 51 votes in the Senate and no Democratic help to get to 60. Apparently, this forced a bipartisan compromise--more than what happened when the ACA was shoved down our throats, so the Dems. are just as guilty for this. Sure Trump signed it but the only other option was a shutdown. The military needs the money, and while standing on principles is one thing, shutting down the government is another. Yes, Trump signed it but the Dems. supported it too. It’s a little odd how that goes unnoticed.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-10-2018, 9:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker1234 View Post
Remember, the GOP has only 51 votes in the Senate and no Democratic help to get to 60. Apparently, this forced a bipartisan compromise--more than what happened when the ACA was shoved down our throats, so the Dems. are just as guilty for this. Sure Trump signed it but the only other option was a shutdown. The military needs the money, and while standing on principles is one thing, shutting down the government is another. Yes, Trump signed it but the Dems. supported it too. It’s a little odd how that goes unnoticed.
so the republicans control both houses of congress and the white house, but overspending is the dems fault?

Does this mean that the republicans are responsible for Obama-era budgets? You are totally right, I never noticed that!
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-10-2018, 2:27 PM Reply   
I'm far from being an authority but the way I understand it is the GOP really has no absolute control over anything, and yes the Dems. did have a super majority until January 2011. That is how we ended up with the ACA.
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-10-2018, 2:28 PM Reply   
Forgot to post evidence https://www.quora.com/Did-President-...olled-Congress
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-10-2018, 9:26 PM Reply   
If you've got a problem with Hillary keeping a email server in her bathroom (you should), you'll no doubt have a problem with this too:
https://www.politico.com/magazine/am...mpression=true

Giving classified information to an individual without a security clearance is a crime. Kelly might be the next "only the best people" to get the heave-ho
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-10-2018, 10:11 PM Reply   
This type of thing really gets my goat. I pay out of state tuition for one of my kids (well, she has earned a lot of scholarship money)

There is no way that this should be allowed......these politicians need to be thrown in jail for recklessness

https://nypost.com/2018/02/10/albany...york-citizens/

and people wonder why Trump got elected. (not that he will fix or change things, but that was the hope)
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-11-2018, 1:05 PM Reply   
Can you clarify where that money comes from, it seems to indicate it's private donations but then seems to say it's publicly subsidised because you can claim the donation as a tax credit?

Isn't preventing people from donating there money to something they want to support distinctly un Republican?
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-12-2018, 7:39 AM Reply   
republican, democrat, independent , mickey mouse club....I don't care.

A state or a public institution that allows non citizens to go to school cheaper/free compared to a us citizen....wrong
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-12-2018, 12:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post

A state or a public institution that allows non citizens to go to school cheaper/free compared to a us citizen....wrong
I find that a bit odd, do you want to shut down UNICEF as well?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-12-2018, 2:38 PM Reply   
Hope you guys love some deficit spending. Nothing like cutting revenues and increasing the budget too.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...deficit-404588

“It is foolhardy and dangerous to run deficits this large in an expansionary time when we should be getting our debt under control so we are ready for the next downturn,” she said in an interview. “It is just a political unraveling of understanding that budgeting is about choices.”
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-12-2018, 2:41 PM Reply   
Same ol shiz. Republicans spend like crazy and cut revenue. Then democrats come in and spend like crazy but increase revenue and "save the day" while debt continues to go nuts. No fiscal conservatives to be seen anywhere.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-12-2018, 3:57 PM Reply   
What do the republican's even stand for anymore. Its not less big government, look at the budget. Its not being a deficit hawk, look at the budget. It's not "moral majority" look at the president.

They aren't fiscally conservative or morally conservative so what are their talking points?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-12-2018, 6:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
They aren't fiscally conservative or morally conservative so what are their talking points?
Trashing the environment and stoking xenophobia.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-12-2018, 6:43 PM Reply   
Trashing the Enviroment: LOL Ralph are your serious. I will give you a chance to think about that statement.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-12-2018, 7:31 PM Reply   
Bro, check out what they are doing to National park and the EPA funding. Then there is the whole, "beautiful clean coal" Horse ****. Lol, who thinks this stuff up for Trump. Oh and guess how many countries in the world didn't sign up to the Paris climate accord. Yeah, just one.

http://www.pennlive.com/nation-world..._cuts_epa.html
https://www.mensjournal.com/adventur...-hard-w483959/

Oh, forgot to mention putting a 30% tarrif on PV Solar panels. How are you going to charge up that Prius, using coal plants! Lol.

Last edited by ralph; 02-12-2018 at 7:35 PM. Reason: More stupidity
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-12-2018, 7:57 PM Reply   
Great summary here about Trumps total disregard for environmental issues in favor of economic ones:
https://news.nationalgeographic.com/...e-environment/

Or is National Geographic "Fake news" now? Seriously if you like to breath clean air and chemical free water to play in there are much better custodians of the environment of the the Trump WH. That's not even looking at the more long term Climate change stuff.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-13-2018, 7:35 AM Reply   
You need to put it in a picture book for Grant.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-13-2018, 8:07 AM Reply   
Ralph: the US is Trashing the Environment????. LOL you sound like our own Nacy Pelosi & Chuck Schumer. Remember back just a few short years ago at the Beijing Olympics. Do you remember what the Air looked like in Beijing? Did the US create that? You ever see what “E” recycling looks like in India? Is that how we do it? You ever see how they refine oil in the Jungles of Nigeria? You ever see how other country’s dispose of their old oil tankers and drive them ashore in Lyberia? Perhaps you did not understand saying “Trashing The Environment”

Check out a show on vice news called “dirty oil” let us know what you think.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-13-2018, 8:32 AM Reply   
G, just because China and India are worse doesn't mean the US is good. You can and should hold yourself to a higher standard than them. The US could lead the world in green tech if they were motivated too.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-13-2018, 8:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
The US could lead the world in green tech if they were motivated too.
Translation: cripple the US economy with regulation (a hidden form of taxation) so the rest of the world can CONTINUE to truley “Trash The Environment” I say F the rest of the word. You want to clean up the Enviroment Bring back manufacturing or no longer import good of country’s that “Trash the Environment” iMO your right the US could lead the way. First thing we should do is stop buying goods from places that are “$hit holes” that Really trash the environment. My point in this is, even on the US’s worst day we are 10x better then places like India. And IMO the idea that if the US does somthing like over regulate manufacturing and adding cost is gonna make the rest of the word follow in our footsteps, your crazy.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-13-2018, 9:46 AM Reply   
I as a American think it’s a Bad Idea that, people from other country’s gather to form a organization to tell US company’s “how to” & what they can and can’t produce.
I think if these global Elitist want to gather and change the world that’s great. Start with some of the $hit Hole country’s that gross pollute. Why don’t they flex their power and fix parts of the world that are truley broken. Once India is not dumping raw Mercury into the ocean then come talk to the Us. About our Enviroment.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-13-2018, 10:21 AM Reply   
Grant your take is interesting and I COMPLETELY agree with the first half of your premise -- that it's disingenuous to consume goods from countries with lower enviro standards.

Where we diverge is on what to do about it. Your approach seems to be "well, if they pollute in China or Mexico or India, we shouldn't be held to a higher standard than that. If we are, standards should be rolled back."

As you note, environmental regs are a sort of hidden tax (there's a level of performance that must be achieved, or a bit of the public good that you aren't allowed to "take" from the public as a whole).

Essentially, holding China or India or Mexico to our higher enviro standard to be able to import would be a tax on those goods. Why do we need to roll back to their level? Isn't this America First in a nutshell?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-13-2018, 10:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Remember back just a few short years ago at the Beijing Olympics. Do you remember what the Air looked like in Beijing? Did the US create that?
Actually yes. Where do you think all those products created without environmental concerns went? And where do you think the money in our economy is going? Where's that 45% tariff that Trump promised us?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-13-2018, 10:37 AM Reply   
When I said Trump was unqualified to be the Prez, some of you guys noted that he was saying the same thing about losing jobs to impoverished labor as I was when he offered up that 45% tariff. I responded... yeah, but he's not the man that can get it done. I was more right than I even imagined. I kind of thought he might actually try. But again he proved his words have no meaning.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-13-2018, 11:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
Hey, this could be a whole new thread!
A person getting More money from welfare than a person with a full time minimum wage job....Wrong!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-13-2018, 12:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
My point in this is, even on the US’s worst day we are 10x better then places like India
Oh, is that your point. Well if you are looking at co2 emissions per capita then your wrong, US is actually higher than both China and India. India is especially low. A good proportion of those populations are peasants, not driving monster trucks so there CO2 per capita is actually not that bad.

However I wasn't even talking about the global aspect of pollution, I was thinking locally. What type of environment are we going to be leaving to our children? As a guy who loves the outdoors and lake life I thought you would have some interest in preserving it for future generations.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-13-2018, 7:38 PM Reply   
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/13/polit...use/index.html

Lies, lies, no surprise.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-13-2018, 7:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
My point in this is, even on the US’s worst day we are 10x better then places like India
So, had a closer look at some of the figures,There is a good resource here:
https://www.ucsusa.org/global-warmin...l#.WoOxkq6WYdW

So G, turns out India pumps out less than half the total amount of CO2 than the USA. With 1 billion people give or take so there per capita is only 1.5t per person. USA is 15t per person. So yeah, when you said 10 better, what you actually meant is its 10x worse. Who is the "****hole" country now, lol.

But regardless of Global warming, you have a responsibility to future US citizens to leave them with a US which isn't a toxic waste dump. Why the hell would you want to make it easier for coal miners to dump there acid waste in to streams and waterways? http://thehill.com/policy/energy-env...al-mining-rule

Sort yourself out.
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-13-2018, 8:42 PM Reply   
So is CO your standard of weather a country is a $hit hole or not? Because Lyberia I’m sure is no where close to pumping out the amount of CO that the US puts out but I can tell you with the utmost certainty Lyberia is a $hit Hole of epic proportions, same for Nigeria watch that documentary I talked about see how the refine oil.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-13-2018, 8:53 PM Reply   
No of course not, I was just making the point that it's easy to throw stones at other countries when you make no considerationto your own countries environmental record.

So just for the record G, do you have a problem with coal mining companies dumping acid waste in your waterways or not?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-14-2018, 4:12 AM Reply   
Acid into waterways humm let me think about this ? Of corse not . They should be dumping into surface holding ponds that are made for tubers & jet ski use only.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-14-2018, 5:21 AM Reply   
Does Trump's lawyer paying Stormy Daniels $130K "with his own money" tick anybody else's BS meter?

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...l-cohen-407913