Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-17-2009, 9:15 PM Reply   
Holy xxxx!!! Dan's Friends in Iraq post was awesome! Personally, I'm slow replying because my dog and cat died, and my neighbor's kid is sick! No wait, I was busy doing charity work for the Red Cross. Wait, I was praying for children suffering in Israel and Palastine. Hold on, I was busy feeding children in Samalia!

This thread is like watching an embarrassing scene on TV. I cringe my shoulders and look away because I feel embarrassed for the character in the embarrassing scene, because he doesn't know how bad he looks.

Walk away Dan, walk away.
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-17-2009, 9:24 PM Reply   
wow, so much for telling the truth on here. Bu Coo how bad do you look making a mockery of a horrible situation. may all of those that serve our country get a good laugh out of your comments.
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-17-2009, 9:45 PM Reply   
Dan,

I have been serving our country for 12 years. I leave for Iraq for a year next month. I don't feel it is appropriate for you to use this example sir. It is not your place. If I was attacked (which I have been many times) I would not want my story posted in a public forum. These events are very personal to those who they happen to, and if you were called on by your buddy's family for help, I am sure it was with confidentiality in mind.

Those who serve do not want anyone to feel sorry for us. We all chose to do what we do. We know the risks and rewards. We do not expect anyone to pity us. As a matter of fact, I would take it as an insult. Just say thanks every now and then and we are good.

(Message edited by Ponyh8r on March 17, 2009)
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-17-2009, 10:00 PM Reply   
Mike I agree with you. I hope you return quickly. I never mentioned my friend or unit for that reason. I only thought that it was a good example of what happens when the press or wakeworld gets the wrong message. Apparently I was wrong.
Old     (ferral)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-17-2009, 11:33 PM Reply   
Dan, after reading this entire thread, all I can say is that you come off as COMPLETELY unprofessional. Yeah, there have been some people taking shots at you. There is absolutely no need for you to respond with insults of your own. It makes you look bad, and it makes your brand look bad. Let's say this conversation happened in person at the boat show instead of online. If I was walking by and heard you taking a shot at the customer talking with you, I wouldn't want to have anything to do with you. I don't care what they said first, you don't ever talk to your potential customers like that.

As for anonymity, you can have that as a customer, but not as the salesman. As the salesman, you are standing there in your show booth, or in your store. You're probably wearing a shirt with the company logo and maybe even a name tag. As the salesman, we are supposed to know who you are, you are supposed to be someone we can trust and get info from. As the customer, I don't want you to know who I am until I am ready to do business with you. I don't want to get a sales calls or spam from you all day. If I want to buy, that's when I'll give you my info.

In my own job, I gladly hand out business cards to my customers with all my business-related contact info. But in my personal life I absolutely don't do that and expect to have my privacy.
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-17-2009, 11:35 PM Reply   
How has a legit Wakecraft rep not stepped in here and stopped Dan from destroying their reputation?

Dan, I'm sure your a great guy, but you sure can destroy a brand in a hurry. The worst thing a rep can do is be misleading and dishonest.
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-18-2009, 2:25 AM Reply   
I'm picturing a drunk at a party, talking trash, alienating everyone around him, sloppily hits on every girl, eventually gets punched to the ground, gets back up, keeps talking trash, gets punched again, keeps talking trash, gets pushed out the front door, stands on the lawn still talking trash, and everyone just stares wondering who brought this guy.

Walk away Dan, walk away...
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-18-2009, 5:29 AM Reply   
Please close this thread. Please do not trash talk each other we are all in this together.
Old     (deltadave)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-18-2009, 5:08 PM Reply   
Mike(ponyh8r): thank you for your service. You guys and gals sacrifice so much to serve our country and sometimes your lives. I think of all the soldiers that have lost their lives and it makes me ill. Stay safe in Iraq.

Excuse me Dan! I should have said "other members". My bad. I am not a competitor mocking you. But you do give me lots of good material. By the way, how does you d*ck feel since you step on it so much?
Old     (seanmcd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-18-2009, 6:27 PM Reply   
Sean I wouldn't sell you a boat and if you make light of my friend in Iraq again I will spend every dollar I have finding you.

Dan, did you just say that you will spend every dollar you have finding me? Are you serious?

Let me save you the trouble. I am in Southern Afghanistan currently, a place called Helmand province. Please come on over, we can talk.

Feel bad for those who serve our country? Is that how you feel? I do not feel bad for them at all, I respect them, honor them, and sometimes I envy them as I served myself for some time and still miss the pride that comes from serving.

I call BS on your story, plain and simple. You are a complete idiot, and you make me sick. Your story was about YOU, you used your friend story for sympathy for yourself. You suck. Why Dave WIlliams hasn't banned you amazed me.

Let me know if you wish to take me up on my offer to meet.

(Message edited by seanmcd on March 18, 2009)
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-18-2009, 8:33 PM Reply   
dave,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I appreciate it.

Sean, I don't think you're gonna have that meeting anytime soon. Stay safe buddy.
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-18-2009, 8:44 PM Reply   
San You are so wrong and you prove exactly what my point of mentioning, Somebody takes something out of context and spins it in a negative format. I would think that you would appreciate the fact that I took your comments towards my story as an attack on my friend and what he is doing for this country. If it took going to afghanistan to defend his honor I would. If the men and women can be there to protect our honor it is the least I could do. I do feel that you had no intention of disrespecting my friend and I had just gotten home and was still upset about the whole ordeal. I apologize for reacting to quickly. It does hurt that you think I am making this up, but you are welcomed to your opinion. I hope that you return from Afghanistan safely.

Lou. I understand your point, but when would you walk by a booth and have a customer calling the rep a d bag or worse. How would you feel if you saw someone attacking a rep, only to find out they were actually working for a competitor?

Dave, It is long and hard so it is stepped on often. I do not understand how the feel of my dock has anything to do with the discussion.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-18-2009, 8:48 PM Reply   
this thread is like crack.
Old     (ferral)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-18-2009, 9:29 PM Reply   
Dan, clearly you didn't understand my point, or you wouldn't be making references to the size of your d!ck while publicly representing your company. I don't care who you think you are talking to, I don't care if you think a competitor is messing with you. If any of my employees talked in public the way you are while representing the company, they would be fired. Simple as that.

And the only one on here who has been disrespecting your friend in the military is you for repeatedly bringing it up in the context of this thread.

I'm done trying to explain any of this to you as you obviously have no interest in learning from this or improving your image. Good luck to you, but something tells me you won't be working in sales for very long.
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-18-2009, 9:46 PM Reply   
Thanks, You are right I am done on here. I didn't start this thread for any company and It was not intended to promote any product. I wanted to know what people thought the perfect size wakeboard boat was. I should never attacked anyone personally. You are right i needed to be the bigger person. How do i go about getting this thread deleted?
Thanks
Dan
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       03-18-2009, 10:03 PM Reply   
Back to the original question.

"What is the perfect size wakeboarding boat and why"

Translation..

Blah Blah Blah...Dan, bla blah wakecraft...toilets...Dan....BS...

How can the owner of WakeCraft not know Dan is destroying his boats sales.

I know I will never buy a WakeCraft, because of Dan. If I owned a WakeCraft boat I would be pissed at WakeCraft. God if I were a dealer of WakeCraft I would be even more pissed off that WakeCraft would even hire a rep like Dan.

Dan show us a paycheck stub from WakeCraft so we really know you work for them.
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-18-2009, 10:54 PM Reply   
Brannon, he's listed on the wakecraft website as a dealer... I'm blown away too wakecraft hasn't silenced and terminated their relationship with him. I do think it's funny that he continues to bring up his conspiracy theory that several members on here (myself included) are secretly involved with manufacturers or dealers.

Ian, I've got the itch too... I can't wait until about 11pm Eastern time when Dan typically starts posting... and am glued to my computer for the next several hours just waiting to see what advice he ignores next. Love it.
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-18-2009, 11:21 PM Reply   
Cal I love you too, so how do you delete a thread?
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-18-2009, 11:31 PM Reply   
Best to contact an administrator.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-18-2009, 11:31 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-18-2009, 11:32 PM Reply   
Maybe they did just ban him and his last reply was his attempt to make him look like he was voluntarily stopping.

As this tread progressed I thought Dan was simply on the losing side of an argument based off of a trolling stunt, but it wasn't until he started using friends in the war to his advantage that I couldn't believe what I was reading.

Sean, was that a PM Dan sent to you? The immaturity of this guy is astonishing. He made it sound like you threatened his children or something.

I don't know, but this may be one of my favorite threads in a long time. I was urging Dan to walk away, but now I kind of miss him. Come back Dan!!!
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-18-2009, 11:33 PM Reply   
Wow, spoke too soon. Welcome back Dan.
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-18-2009, 11:36 PM Reply   
Thanks Bu Coo, I forgot to mention i loved your drunk party guy scenerio. I am usualy the guy who stops the fight and brings the drunk guy home, but it was well written.
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-18-2009, 11:53 PM Reply   
Holy cow! Seriously?! "I'm usually the guy who stops the fight..." ???

This keeps getting better. Keep typing Dan!
Old     (crushing76)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-18-2009, 11:54 PM Reply   
We cant delete this thread!!! I was just about to buy a wakecraft!!!

Dan's charm has almost won me over!!!

Maybe I can take one of the boats out with a crapper and see if it really works...?
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-18-2009, 11:58 PM Reply   
I also have thick skin and i can take some punches,have fun but when you are all done beating me up get behind a wakecraft and try it. Do not buy from me, but just try it.
Old     (seanmcd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-19-2009, 12:00 AM Reply   
Sean, was that a PM Dan sent to you? The immaturity of this guy is astonishing. He made it sound like you threatened his children or something.

No Brett, that was his post. Either he or someone else changed it or deleted it after my post. My bold print is copied and pasted directly from his post.

He said that he wouldn't sell me a boat and if I made light of his friend again he would spend every dollar he had to find me. I simply offered to save him some money and meet him at his convenience.

The reason I called BS on his story is because as some people know, the Military does not release any names of casualties until after the family and unit back home has been notified. So to think his wife spent 2 days AFTER seeing the press release thinking her husband was dead, is very improbable. Possible? Yes. But very unlikely.

Thats why I called BS, and I maintain he used that story to curry sympathy for himself in the gigantic hole he dug for himself, even after being advised to stop digging. Thats just plain stupid.
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-19-2009, 12:11 AM Reply   
Sean, I got the call from my mother who is visiting my sister out there. She told me that my friend who for the most part was raised by us contacted my father. He told my father that his unit was attacked. It was the millitary that told him that the way it was released it may appear to some people he was a victim. I had already gotten a call from his frantic wife that she was not positive but he may have been a fatality. I had already booked the flight before hearing from my parents, so i went down to offer support. Like I said before. I only mention it show how one mistake can affect a life.
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-19-2009, 12:13 AM Reply   
sister is an oregon sorry
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-19-2009, 12:21 AM Reply   
Sean my friend has offered to e-mail you a full account if that would make you a believer. It will come has -----@us.army.mil. Please after receiving it just say you are sorry and never mention his name.
Deal
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-19-2009, 12:26 AM Reply   
It was his unit, like I said before, that is why his name was tied to the deaths. You know what I give up. sorry boo hoo I am done. Hope you all have a great boating experience.
Old     (seanmcd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-19-2009, 12:46 AM Reply   
Take Care Dan. Best wishes to your friend's family. I have been in the Middle East for several years now so I get it.

Come to Squam sometime and you can ride behind my Tige, no hard feelings. Learn from this painful experience and take note of some of the positive advice that has been offered to you.

No need for any further explanation from your friend.

Adios.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-19-2009, 5:42 AM Reply   
One thing that should be pointed out is that I am fairly confident that Dan is a Wakecraft owner only, not actually on the WC payroll.

No matter what your personal feelings for Dan are you should not hold it against WC as a boat company. For example if you think negatively of Dan for whatever reason, think of all the D-bags who have bought an MC, CC, Bu, MB, Tige, Supra, Moomba, Sanger, Epic and on and on. Think of the threads on this site where dealers of various brands have jerked people around. If I see some guy on my lake in brand x acting like a total douche should I hold it against the company?

As this thread continues I just feel sorry for the guys like Kevin and Rod who have done so much (the right way) to get the name out there and who are really cool guys and great members of WW.

Anyway, my point was that I hate to see WC lumped into the negativity that seems to be directed towards Dan. And to just be aware that when you post something negative about WC in an attempt to take a jab at Dan it affects more people than just him.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-19-2009, 7:36 AM Reply   
Onlyinboard. You rock. Well said, and I think we should all learn from it.

I know I would NEVER hold something like this against the company

think of all the D-bags who have bought an ...

Truer words have never been spoken. I also think the majority of you guys here honestly tried to help the guy. That is why I dig this site.
Old     (deltadave)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-19-2009, 11:36 AM Reply   
Delete this thread? NO! It outlines and shows the true Dan and gives everyone the full picture on him. I don't think what anyone has said about Dan has any effect on what people or potential buyers think about WakeCraft. It looks like a good boat, not my personal favorite, but it's fine. I don't dislike WC because of Dan or what he's said and I don't think it diminshes WC the company. I am astonished at the naive ideas Dan has put on here, the threats and the the stupid statements he's made. Is the over? I hope not, it's interesting to see if Dan can or will dig himself deeper or faster with his backhoe he has going!
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-19-2009, 11:57 AM Reply   
The issue appears to be a great lack of social awareness. BuCoo (March 18, 2:25AM) seemed to sum it up perfectly. Unsightly for sure, but hard to not look.
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-19-2009, 12:44 PM Reply   
Only inboards. I agree with you one hundred percent. I would hate to see something I love be tarnished by my actions. I have tried to explain myself many times, but to no end. I guess there are many on here that can learn a lesson from this. I being the first to admit I can.
Thanks for all the advice and to those who just merely answered the threads question.
Dan
Old     (deltadave)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-19-2009, 5:59 PM Reply   
WTH Derek!! You try to thread hijack and I'm forced to post here to top list it!
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-19-2009, 6:56 PM Reply   
Dave there is no point to go on. I have given up boats and moved on to a new endeavor. It is a new game called "Where and who and the world is Delta dave.". People will get random comments from you and will collect clues to guess. They will e-mail me their guesses. The winner will get a hundred dollars. I would love to give you some royalty fees for this, but I am not sure who to write the check out to.
Dan
Old     (deltadave)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-19-2009, 7:55 PM Reply   
LOL. Dan you are funny once in a while. Is that a take-off from "Where is Carmen Santiago"? I'm honored! First you have to decide if I'm Delta as in the air or Delta as on the water or Delta Forces. Dan, even with all the crazy, off-the-wall sh*t you say and all the grief I have given you, I still think you're probably an ok guy.
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-19-2009, 8:53 PM Reply   
I am and I will have a beer with you one day. My bet is the delta in cali. I am thinking you live under one of the bridges. Lol.
Old     (ferral)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-19-2009, 9:12 PM Reply   
Nice!
Old     (crushing76)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-20-2009, 12:12 AM Reply   
Let's all sing KUMBAYA and go test drive a WakeCraft!!!!!!!!

Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-20-2009, 2:31 AM Reply   
Huh? "LOL"..."Let's have a beer"..."I'm sure your a nice guy"...

What happened? This thread just took a turn for the drunkin "I love you man! We'll be best friends forever!!!! <high>.

Anyway, OnlyInboards, You've taken shots for a while for having MB as a sponsor, giving positive reviews of such, and have held ground great. Why do you say Dan isn't a dealer?
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-20-2009, 2:33 AM Reply   
Oh ya, congrats to everyone in the forum for breaking the illusive 200 posts level!!!!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-20-2009, 5:26 AM Reply   
I think that anyone who buys a Wakecraft is essentially a dealer. It's the referral program where you make 4k on every sale. I was always under the impression that this is what Dan is.... an owner who saw opportunity with the brand and decided to push the product himself. Maybe I'm wrong, only Dan knows.
Old     (malibuboats4)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-20-2009, 8:31 AM Reply   
they make 4K when the "refer" someone to buy a boat?
Old     (rbeckei)      Join Date: May 2007       03-20-2009, 8:44 AM Reply   
Malibu- I think the deal has to go through, then the referer gets $$$$$$$$$
Old    swass            03-20-2009, 9:04 AM Reply   

(Message edited by swass on March 20, 2009)
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-20-2009, 9:04 AM Reply   
how come this thread isn't locked/404d ?
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-20-2009, 9:32 AM Reply   
Because it's like a train wreck & no one can resist looking...... again & again.

Sounds like Wakecraft is setup like a pyramid or something.
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-20-2009, 9:46 AM Reply   
all aboard the FAILBUSSSSS
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-20-2009, 1:29 PM Reply   
My understanding Ian is that for those of us that bought the first dozen or so had that deal to get the word out but since then (don’t quote me) you need to set yourself up as a "dealer" or "Rep" in the traditional sense. For me I could have referred and demo'd out my boat but that wasn’t something I was interested in or went after. I just wanted a boat that was of great quality and easy access to get serviced etc. and it worked out great for me and my family. If we were all "dealers" their would be a lot of others listed on their site.

By the way Ian thanks for the props and helping sell our boat, sadly looks like its heading to MO next week. I’m going to miss it for sure. But its going to a great family in Kansas City. What to get next????? STOP DAN I know what you are about to tell me ;-)
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-20-2009, 1:35 PM Reply   
you know I can hook you up if you are interested Kev, and thanks for clearing that up on the referral program. I just figured it was an ongoing thing.
Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-20-2009, 1:46 PM Reply   
my thread is better....
Old     (deltadave)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-20-2009, 2:02 PM Reply   
I said that tongue-in-cheek. Let's get this straight. There's no "love you man" here. Dan makes the stupidist statements, is totally naive, sticks his foot in his mouth all the time, poorly represents his boat line, is unprofessional, offends everyone including the military and says the craziest off-the-wall sh*t I've heard on WW.
Old     (roomservice)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-20-2009, 2:40 PM Reply   
WoW, this one scores like 3-4 rest rings.
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-20-2009, 3:30 PM Reply   
derek's thread FTW.

ibtl.
Old     (michaelspsp)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-20-2009, 7:49 PM Reply   
i stopped reading this post almost 2 weeks ago. i cant believe its still going... pink floyds dark side of the moon was on the billboard top 200 charts for 14 years. i think this post might go longer than that......
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-20-2009, 8:45 PM Reply   
What! When did it slip off the charts?
Geez, you go live your life for a couple decades and the whole world changes. Oh, wait, is this off topic.
I don't know, I've forgotten what the topic was.

No, you don't need to remind me. Senility is a good thing.
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-20-2009, 10:55 PM Reply   
42 that is the answer. Someone on here knows what I mean. Dave I just drank the beer I was saving for you. Thanks to all that are playing the game, I need concrete evidence where and who he is to win the $100 dollars. Dave at the end I will send you all the guesses, some are quite funny. You were not mister rogers in an earlier life were you? There is more, but I will wait till I have a winner to release them. Ok one person asked if you were picked on for being a hall monitor and now all you do is is sit on a delta overpass with a big "no wake" sign. I can not wait to find out the truth.
p.s. I love you man
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-20-2009, 11:00 PM Reply   
Kevin you have two options. 21 or 24
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-20-2009, 11:50 PM Reply   
Dave I am willing to arrange a conference call for all that would like to get to the bottom of this. I will need you to sign on if this will help clear the air.
Thanks,
dan
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-21-2009, 12:41 AM Reply   
wow, thanks for the entertainment guys, my netflix movie was crap compared to the entertainment in this thread! For what its worth I've ridden behind a wakecraft and the wake is very nice however I like my malibu overall much better. But then again thats why they make so many differnt brands everyone has different taste. And what the hell no more referal program? I thought that was the best part! A chance to have wake craft pay your boat of for you for doing just a little bit of hustling! P.S. as a side note how is wakecraft doing finically now days? I know a few years back they where behind big time on payments to suppliers and a few even took them to court. Hope they make it diversity is could in every facet of the market but there longtime stability would make me question spending 70k or even 7k for that matter on any product!
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-21-2009, 12:43 AM Reply   
Wow my spelling is horrendous, just read my post! lol But then again I started reading this post 3 hours ago and I'm a little tired now!
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-21-2009, 1:16 AM Reply   
Wow! Deltadave came back with a vengeance. OK, so does Wakecraft have actual dealerships with paid dealers? I've never seen a Wakecraft dealership let alone a Wakecraft boat in person.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-21-2009, 8:00 PM Reply   
does this beat mine?
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-25-2009, 1:10 AM Reply   
Now I am worried. Is Delta Dave OK?? Please let me know.
Old     (malibuboats4)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-25-2009, 3:19 PM Reply   
mmmmk enough of this dan
Old     (michaelspsp)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-27-2009, 5:50 AM Reply   
soo sad. i thought we could keep this post going. i guess it's no pink floyd dark side of the moon after all....
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-28-2009, 11:47 PM Reply   
just for you mike.