Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (bakes5)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-22-2009, 7:31 PM Reply   
How are they applied? Do they cover everything? Specifically, if the paint is a little faded will everything look "new" again? How long do they last?

Thanks

Bakes
Old     (thescott)      Join Date: Nov 2007       10-22-2009, 7:53 PM Reply   
No affiliation, just something I've run across through the supra forums.

http://www.zdecals.com/marine/index.html
Old     (thescott)      Join Date: Nov 2007       10-23-2009, 9:31 AM Reply   
Another one

http://www.wakegraphics.com/
Old     (nbigger)      Join Date: May 2008       10-23-2009, 10:07 AM Reply   
I am not a expert but a wrap is a basically vinyl sticker that goes over your boats gel coat to change its appearance. They are printed off and you wet the back side down and put it on your boat and use a squeegee to get all the air bubbles out and then you heat it up to evaporate the water and the vinyl will stick to the boat. The time they last depends on how you use your boat and how good the vinyl is. The vinyl can be scratched and can peel if rubbed against a dock. It can probably fade also if out in the sun all the time. Hope that helps I tried to do one myself and failed but if I had another person and if I did it inside out of the wind it probably would have worked. I think I will try again next spring.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-23-2009, 10:14 AM Reply   
There is also such a thing as a full wrap or a partial wrap. In some cases the partial wrap appears to be just a giant sticker that only covers part of the boat.
Seems like I saw some partial wraps that Supra was making available on their new boats.
My brother has a partial on his XTI. It's about 3 yrs old now & has held up pretty well.
Old     (ElevationWraps)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-22-2011, 9:12 AM Reply   
www.Elevationwraps.com

We do all types of wraps. Full, half, quarter, transom and platforms. We even wrap towers and speakers on the towers. Basically we can wrap just about anything.