Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old     (lakeday)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-16-2004, 6:08 AM Reply   
I recently purchased a parks board and will be putting some 2003 ultra sucs on it. The screws from LF are too short. What size screws do I need? and what do you guys do to have them hold w/o whipping out the screw driver between every set? thanks.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-16-2004, 6:54 AM Reply   
You need to visit your local board shop to get some longer screws. Tighten them after you ride occasionally.
Old     (lakeday)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-16-2004, 9:02 AM Reply   
The problem is I don't have a local board shop. I was hoping someone could tell me the length of screw that they are using....if they have had to go buy some. I'll either be going to the hardware store (I guess you could consider that my local board shop) or driving over 1 1/2 hours to an actual board shop just to get some screws.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-16-2004, 8:39 PM Reply   
Dude, just take your existing bolts to the hardware store and match up the threads against some that are a half inch longer. Get stainless steel.
Old    devastate            03-17-2004, 3:15 AM Reply   
if you can afford a $520 dollar Parks board, why are you using 2003 ultra sucs?
Old     (lakeday)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-17-2004, 6:21 AM Reply   
520? maybe you are assuming i bought the dna...which i did not. and when you have to buy a couple of other things from wakeside, with their rewards points the parks wasn't that expensive. you try to make it sound like ultra sucs aren't good bindings....have you ever used them? i have and love the support and simplicity of the bindings. no straps to rip off and adjust.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-17-2004, 6:26 AM Reply   
I bought a pair of sucs too for the same reason. Not because they were cheap. Not all companies overprice their gear.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-17-2004, 6:30 AM Reply   
Ultra sucs are some of the best bindings made.

Check in home depot for those screws, look at some of the online shops to see if they sell binding screw kits. I know CWB sell kits, you could always get that, they're longer than LF screws.
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-17-2004, 4:58 PM Reply   
My screws are 1-1/2" long but i use the claw binding mount system. The screws go into the screw inserts on the board exactly a half inch.

BTW ultras are great bindings.