Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 27, 2007

Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-25-2007, 5:47 PM Reply   
i would really like a pair of closed toe boots. i want to go with 06s b/c they're cheaper now since i just bought a new setup. Opinions ex. durability, sizes run small or large that kind of thing. i have a 10.5 shoe narrow foot, would a size 10-11 be good for me?
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       07-25-2007, 5:51 PM Reply   
I just got a pair of Watsons (I know they're not Shanes, but they should have similar fits) and I ended up getting a size bigger then I thought I would need (a size up from my shoe size), and they're still REALLY snug. Demo if you have any way to do it.

-Steve
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       07-25-2007, 5:52 PM Reply   
BTW, I got 07s, not 06s. I ordered my 07s based on the fit of 06s though.

-Steve
Old     (kmcginty)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-25-2007, 6:38 PM Reply   
I have a pair of 06 shanes. I have the 10-11 beacuase i wear shoes anywhere between 10-11.5 depending on company, but I would say 11 if I had to choose one size. The foot bed is incredibly cushy, I can only compare to 2001 hyperlite foot beds. My toes graze the end of the boot and sometimes get pushed up fairly tight if I land funny, but never jammed like everyone worries about.

Pros- very comfy snug and stull flexible, very easy to put on dry. still easy to put on wet but not as easy, but I never have to use lube anymore.

Cons- laces need to be stuck in the magnets or they become a tangled mess under the boot if youi fall, it feels tight against the calf the first ride or two, but that goes away quickly and you dont notice. They dont dry out as fast as my old hyperlites- a day or so as compared to an hour or so.

Would I buy them again- Yes, but prob a size larger. go demo, or at leat try them on for size.
Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-26-2007, 7:01 PM Reply   
1st, steve and kevin thanks for your input.

i think my only concern with fit is the length of the boot, cause if these bindings are snug that should be alright as i have a "slender" foot. my foot is 11 inches by tape measure.

if someone could be generous enough to measure your own foot by tape measure and let me know what size of shanes you are wearing (preferably if you are either a 10-11 or 11-12) that would greatly help.

my board shop does not have them and there are only a few online shops with very limited sizes and also lil more expensive. therefore no demoing or trying on for me.

all help is greatly appreciated.
Old     (lfshane132)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-26-2007, 9:08 PM Reply   
i got the 06s and have not had one thing to complain about. comfy and easy to get in and out of. have good supprt but not too stiff so i can still poke grabs out. i would say go with 10-11. i have the same foot size and i have the 10-11.
Old     (wake_pirate)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-26-2007, 9:25 PM Reply   
I have 07 Shanes CT. I was told the Shanes have a little more flex than the Watsons. The laces are long & cumbersome, (has any one cut them to shorten them?) They are snug which makes them hard to get out of in the water. They are heavier than the Ronix One. But they are Damn good bindings. i would buy them again.
Old     (technarider)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-26-2007, 9:42 PM Reply   
i have some 06's... wear 10-11 shoes ... bought the 11-12 shanes after trying them on..

never use lube... great fit... snug.. keeps the foot nice and toasty.. very rare but will get some toe crunch going on..but when i have my toe nails trimmed nicely never had the crunch..

had not come out of them before this last weekend.. but glad i found out i will release on a bad fall

taped my foot at 10 1/4 inch... 11/12 shane binding

i would get them again

(Message edited by technarider on July 26, 2007)
Old     (boarder33)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-27-2007, 6:42 AM Reply   
I'm a big fan of the shanes. I had the 06 version but they broke down really quick. Liquid Force was cool and sent me a replacement set of 07's. Much better quality and more defined inner boot. I'm planning on getting them heat molded this weekend.