Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-15-2005, 8:32 AM Reply   
I finally got my new spectra line and handle from Bullet SKi Lines off ebay in the mail today! I've been waiting for this to come, and am stoked that it's here (too bad I won't be able to use it till this weekend) My g/f and I have been riding with a regular ski line, and 2 weekends ago got to ride with a carbon bantom handle and a spectra non-stretch rope, so we had to order one...

But I can stare at it!!

Bullet Ski Line & Handle
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-15-2005, 8:36 AM Reply   
Congrats Justin, you'll love it. It'll make such an improvement to your riding.
Old    robertt            08-15-2005, 8:43 AM Reply   
That thing looks great! I have to add, out of fairness, that when I posted before about a Bullet line bleeding color, that it MUST have been a fake...because it looks nothing like that line in your picture. Now that I see this picture, I have to appologize for saying that my Bullet line was crap....it is clearly not the same product. This line and handle look top quality...I wish I had one.

Just a word to the wise, when purchasing things on ebay...do a little research. There are a lot of cheap knockoffs being sold.

Again, congrats.
Old     (just_board)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-15-2005, 9:17 AM Reply   
how much did you pay for the setup, if you don't mind my asking?

i've been looking for a new rope/handle myself..
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-15-2005, 11:08 AM Reply   
Clinton, Check out the seller boarder007....great transaction and he sells a ton of these combos, also sells the handles and lines separately too..

i bought it for $86 shipped to my door!! i watched like 6 of his auctions, some people bid on and others they didn't, i just waited, and no one bid on the auction, so} it was mine!..

(Message edited by newmy79 on August 15, 2005)
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-15-2005, 11:27 AM Reply   
Sa-Weet line, sweet price too!
Yo Justin...your gonna see a HUGE difference!
Old    zboomer            08-15-2005, 2:58 PM Reply   
Once you get used to it, a regular rope will feel like your riding with a rubber band, lol.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-15-2005, 4:57 PM Reply   
You'll love it. I got one 2 years ago. Actually I'm on my second handle. My wife munched the first. Of course, not her fault.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-15-2005, 7:43 PM Reply   
I have the exact same setup. Love the rope, but they should never use the words 'tangle free' or will not tangle.
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-15-2005, 7:52 PM Reply   
I agree with Boomer 100% but you should realize that your first time with it may feel weird because it's so different from what you're used to. After a few passes, though, you'll never look back. Good luck with it and enjoy!
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-16-2005, 6:28 AM Reply   
Nice rope combo. Tangles is the reason I bought an A-line...it's more like a cable than a rope.

Eric
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-16-2005, 1:12 PM Reply   
Speaking of tangles.... how does accurate say that the jacket is tangle free!!??! I can't possibly wind it up and then go riding again later without having tangles in it. Maybe im just dumb and dont know how to wind a rope.
Old     (mgswed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-17-2005, 7:47 AM Reply   
I have a solution for tangles from rock climbing. Its called a rats nest and what you do is as the rope is out in the water and your pulling it in just drop the rope in the boat, dont coil it up, then leave the handle on the swim platform. Now when your next rider is going out just give him the handle and leave the rope in the boat. As you pull away tension will pull the rope out top to bottom of the rats nest and no more tangles. i never get them when i handle the rope. When you coil a rope you are actually twisting it and thats what causes the tangle. -MG
Old    260searay            08-18-2005, 5:40 AM Reply   
I had a SL static line and could not quite go w2w and got a thermal line and bantam handle and landed in the flats my first try. Worth buying for sure!
Old     (cwbrider16)      Join Date: May 2004       08-18-2005, 11:19 AM Reply   
i have a straightline wake handle and rope and a couple times using my friend's old ski handle it has actually pulled right out of my hands from the stretching. Plus the long handle makes a ton of difference
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-18-2005, 12:02 PM Reply   
Matthew, We do the exact same thing with our ropes. Just pile them on the floor and when the next person is ready to go - grab the handle and take-off. Almost never get knots with that method.