Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 10, 2003

Old    big_daddy_ben            01-31-2003, 2:52 PM Reply   
Dumb Question! Does the length or width of your swim platform affect your wake? I have noticed that the new ones are a bit narrower. Here’s my situation: this last summer I bought a 2001 MC X30 from Cope & McPheters in San Jose. I got a great deal and it came with a 2002 tower & stereo. When I bought the boat I naturally bought the extras with it (Bimini top, shower and PP).

Since I store my boat indoors at a warehouse, I had no need for the boat cover. Being a bit cold and wet out I decided to cover until spring, so no dust or dirt gets on it. When I placed the cover on the boat it was about 9” short. I called Jerry at Cope and he was willing to exchange it even though I bought it 6 months earlier. He said he’d call me as soon as he finds a longer cover. After a week or two he called and informed me he could not find a cover that would fit my boat with the longer platform. But was willing to change my platform for the new shorter platforms. I really appreciate the quality of care that Jerry and Cope & McPhetres gives their customer. But back to my question, is a shorter platform better that a longer one? I like the length of my platform now and I am thinking of not exchanging the platforms.

Sorry for rambling on… So is a shorter platform better that a longer one?
Old     (scottay)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-31-2003, 3:05 PM Reply   
I believe the platform is OUT of the water when on plane.....scott
Old    swass            01-31-2003, 3:07 PM Reply   
The long platform is "better" in the sense that it offers more room, but it won't have an affect on the wake compared to the short one.
Old    mtbmudmachine            01-31-2003, 3:41 PM Reply   
Swass Is right "The Swim Platform is out of the water" when you are on plane. I don't know if the platform is out of the water when you wake surf? I would think it would be. I know even when people add the "Wake tanks" to the underside of the swim platform they are still out of the water when the boat is on plane. Ben it's Not a dumb question it's better to ask then to assume
Old     (jtfrisco)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-31-2003, 3:50 PM Reply   
Speaking of Waketanks... Does anyone know where you can get one?
Old    danno            01-31-2003, 4:36 PM Reply   
Anyone ever strapped a fat sac to their platform? How'd it work?

Maybe when it gets a little older and starts to leak it would be worth trying. Leave a little air in it so that if it falls in the water it won't sink.

More than likely just be in the way I guess. I've got plenty of weight tucked neatly in the trunk now.
Old    aircanada            01-31-2003, 7:25 PM Reply   
Ben,

Regarding the cover, the cover I have for my boat (MC X-10) and all the others I've seen covers just the boat and not the platform. Do you need to cover your platform?

- Sean
Old    kiwi            01-31-2003, 11:27 PM Reply   
Got a mate who ties a 300 litre sac to the platform of his wakesetter . Boy its scary behind that thing when he's got the boat and that sac fully loaded
Old    captfaceplant            02-02-2003, 3:11 PM Reply   
Jason,

I have one that I'm no longer using email me if your interested!!
Old     (jtfrisco)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-02-2003, 3:37 PM Reply   
Jamie, I sent you an email.