Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (wakesurfer08)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-19-2009, 12:10 PM Reply   
I posted in the wanted, but thought I would also put it here. We are in need of a factory MasterCraft cover for our boat. Prefer the full length trailer able (In Black) for an 01' X-Star (205V) with zero-flex tower. I tried a cover off of my friends 03' X-2 and it fits perfect. If you know or have one for sale please let me know. Been waiting on one from MasterCraft since April, so now we have just given up on them and will find one elsewhere. Thanks
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-19-2009, 12:27 PM Reply   
You weren't just waiting on them to get one, you ordered it.........I love our local dealers
Old     (jpuckett)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-19-2009, 12:36 PM Reply   
Have you called Evolution Covers?

www.www.evolutioncovers.com

425-478-2043

When my cover needs replacing this is were I'll be going.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-19-2009, 12:49 PM Reply   
I would go with a third party cover too. MC is going to charge you for the MC name and it may be the same cover and or probably better. Have someone airbrush mastercraft on it.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-19-2009, 3:00 PM Reply   
I second Evolution. The cheap and in my opinion crappy MC covers aren't even close to being in the same league as a Rankin or Evolution. Hopefully Cory at Evolution has that template but it is a popular one so he may. Rankin would definitely have the pattern but are a lot harder to get a hold of.

Both these covers are good for towing, easy to put on, very high quality, look good and best of all don't require any stupid poles to keep water from pooling up on them.
Old     (gregg_rossi)      Join Date: Feb 2009       08-19-2009, 3:07 PM Reply   
I have one brand new... from my 06 X-1 will that work? never used!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-19-2009, 3:12 PM Reply   
I don't think that will work. They are very different towers.
Old     (gregg_rossi)      Join Date: Feb 2009       08-19-2009, 3:37 PM Reply   
Yeah I think you're right, I was thinking that since the 05 X2 had the same tower it would work but you're right. That was the zero flex that went around the windshield
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-19-2009, 4:04 PM Reply   
So whats an evolution cover running? I am in the process of looking for one to cover my 2000 X-Star.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-19-2009, 4:23 PM Reply   
Probably around a grand.
Old     (big_poppa_pump)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-19-2009, 4:29 PM Reply   
If you can find a Westland cover that will fit it will be a LOT cheaper.

I tried one and the fit was good, I think the material was called Sharkskin.

It was only around $400 or so.

Might have to shop around at some online places to find one such as Overtons or West Marine.

I had to return it as it didn't fit the tower on my 99 but in Westland's defense I do have somewhat of a funky version of a Zeroflex Flyer.

http://www.westlandcovers.com/
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-19-2009, 4:37 PM Reply   
Sharkskin is what the Mastercraft covers are made out of I believe. If you are in a dry place that doesn't require a good cover one like that may work fine but I still don't believe it would compare to a Evolution.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-19-2009, 5:01 PM Reply   
Yup,

That Westland has been all I could find that will fit the boat with the original Zero Flex Flyer and cover the swimdeck. Found it for 380. Sunbrella for 5 and some change. at he Iboats website. I too wanted an MC Logo cover, but MC doesn't make one anymore for my year. I always heard the Sharksin material was more water repellent than the Sunbrella, but the Sunbrella was way more durable and a little more fade resistant.

SORRY FOR TH HIJACK TO THE OP

(Message edited by xstarrider on August 19, 2009)
Old     (jpuckett)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-19-2009, 6:05 PM Reply   
Look for a group buy on one of the websites...Malibu Crew, MC, or one of the others. In a group buy they are running about $750. Or better yet start your own group buy!

(Message edited by JPUCKETT on August 19, 2009)
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-19-2009, 6:58 PM Reply   
The MC owners website forbids group buys.

Dunno why, but that is the rule.
Old     (jpuckett)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-19-2009, 7:28 PM Reply   
Those MC people have so much money that they don't need group buys!
Old     (wakesurfer08)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-19-2009, 8:57 PM Reply   
Thanks a ton for your help! I am going to call Evolution tomorrow and also check out the one Swatguy purchased by Westland. $380 is a ton better than what I was going to have to spend, but a good cover is worth the price also.

Gregg, I don't think that would fit, but I am going to call down to Rambo Marine and find out, they have been great to get some parts from recently with no hassel or waiting forever. And I did call them today and the MC cover they would get should take 3 weeks and no hassel either. Should have went there first.LOL

Once again THANKS!
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-19-2009, 8:58 PM Reply   
The MC site def doesn't allow group buys.

Trust me I take full advantage of group buys when I can :-)

They just believe in keeping in house. Guess that's their business mentality. Seems to be working as they are pumping oout some great boats and gear.

Jeff,
I didn't decide on that cover as of yet. Was searching......Looked factory first, Rankin,a local custom shop and then came across that Westland. I used to be a Centurion rep(01-06) and their standard factory covers were Sharkskin Westland covers back then. Solid covers for sure easily towable and had a great ratchet system so I was going to do some more research and try and make sure that cover at Iboats had the same features. My boat is tough to find with that older original Zero Flex Tower. Very few make it for the tower.

(Message edited by xstarrider on August 19, 2009)
Old     (wakesurfer08)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-19-2009, 9:02 PM Reply   
Darin,

Yes you are correct ORDERED! But never have seen yet and all I get is, went to wrong dealer, shipping is slow, now they tell me they made the wrong one so now they are sending a new one, Yeah right! I just can't wait anymore, I need to get a cover.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-19-2009, 9:12 PM Reply   
double post sorry
Old     (wakesurfer08)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-19-2009, 9:15 PM Reply   
Swatguy,

Let me know what you come up with and when I call them I will also let you know and post it on here also. Going down to southern part of Missouri here in September to ride with a good friend of ours and I sure would like to have a cover for the trip.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-19-2009, 9:38 PM Reply   
As I am sure you know Rambo is usually a top regarded as a top notch dealer. They usually have a good portion of older parts (covers, skins, OEM stuff) in stock. If they don't have it it usually can't be found for the older boats
Old     (big_poppa_pump)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-20-2009, 11:50 AM Reply   
I'd much rather have 2 of the cheapy Westland covers and turn them over quicker compared to a more expensive $800 - $1000 cover.

I tried to talk them into making me one custom with measurements but they wouldn't go for it.

The cheaper Sharkskin material keeps out a lot more dirt than the Sunbrella. The Sunbrella does seem to block a bit more UV and is more durable, but again I had to clean my boat a lot more often with the Sunbrella.

I ended up having to buy custom, but went with something similar to Sharkskin. A lot happier with it since I don't have to clean it every time I take it out now.