Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                08-23-2001, 11:32 AM Reply   
I'm trying to learn a blindside 180 into a half-wrap.

I'm making the spin easily and landing clean, then slipping out, usually on my butt.

At least once, I was concious of landing with the weight on my heels.

I'm doing the trick one wake from a normal heelside approach.

I'm also wimping out and dropping the handle pretty quickly when I think I'm missing.

Anyone help?
Thanks.
Old                08-23-2001, 12:57 PM Reply   
Sounds like you answered your own question. Don't wuss out! Just hold on and keep at it. Keep handle at your waist.

Wait, nevermind, don't listen to me, I can't to a blind 180.
Old    left foot forward            08-24-2001, 8:10 AM Reply   
Look directlly behind you and keep your hand in close to the small of your back upon landing. Also the weight should be on your toes when you land. Try a bunny hop blind 180 1st to get the hang of it without such brutal falls.

In case you are trying something diff. this advice is for a HS blind 180 landing wraped.

If you have access to it I learned a blind 180 snow boarding and found it very easy and similar on the wakeboard. You might try it without the handle. Just cut hard to get some speed, let go of the handle and bunny hop up and come down blind. I find that landing with my right arm(left foot forward) sticking out by my head helps a lot. Watch any board sport where they take a trick to blind and you will see how there arm is positioned.