Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    zane05            03-05-2006, 6:18 PM Reply   
Need help weighting 21v any suggestions appreciated
Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-11-2006, 5:49 AM Reply   
Zane,
Not sure if you already found some answers on here. Are you talking about a V-Ride? If so, here's what I do for a tasty goofy side surfable wave. I have two Pro X V-drive fat sacs

If it is just me and my wife: (gotta love TX laws)
1 fat sac in the back locker
1 sac in the corner on the seat behind driver
Wedge down

If we have more people in the boat:
2 fat sacs in the same back locker
1 or 2 ppl sit in the same back corner area
1 person in the bow

You can ride the wave forever...
I'll try to get some photos / video up soon. I'm waiting for a DV fire-wire cable to arrive in the mail so can pull from my camera to the laptop...
Old     (evil_e)      Join Date: May 2004       03-23-2006, 10:27 AM Reply   
Sounds like you guys are talking about 2 different boats...I'm guessing Zane means the Supra 21v, and Matt is talking about a Malibu. Zane, I've got a Supra 22SSV which is pretty similar to the 21v. I fill the 500 lb sac in the front ski locker, I fill another 500 lb sac in the middle of the boat pushed as far to the left as possible, I fill another 500 lb sac in the left rear compartment, plus I have 250 lbs of lead that I move over to the left rear compartment. That 1750 lbs along the left side combined with any passengers on that left side, helps kick out about a 4 foot wave that you can ride about 15 to 20 feet back. FYI, I run it about 10 mph. You can see my surf wave in my profile...