Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-01-2010, 2:48 PM Reply   
Hey guys/girls! I picked up a Capix helmet a few months ago but I don't really care for it. It doesn't have very good padding and pops off almost every hard crash I take. I think due to the long bill it catches the water pretty bad. So now I'm thinking of getting the Pro-Tec Two Face. I like the look of it and a buddy I ride with has the Ace and the padding is great on it. I know there are a lot of people that like the Shred Ready out there but I just don't care for the look and the lack of holes in the top makes me think it will catch the water pretty easy also. Anyway, I'm just looking for some advice...

Thanks!!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-01-2010, 3:04 PM Reply   
I have one and definitely like it a lot. It is very lightweight and I forget that the thing is there. There is a place selling the orange ones for like $30. Since I could care less how it looks I rock a matte orange helmet, its glorious!
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-01-2010, 3:37 PM Reply   
Do you know what the website is?? How does it fit? I have a hat size of 7 1/4 so it looks like the Large will be best. Thanks!
Old     (goatboy)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-02-2010, 12:09 AM Reply   
I just got a two face a couple of weeks ago.
I'm really pleased with it, nice and light and comfy. The elasticated strap on the back means it fits nicely and doesn't move about too much.
Matte orange for me too...
Old     (JJ)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-02-2010, 5:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanw209 View Post
the lack of holes in the top makes me think it will catch the water pretty easy also

Mine never has. I've owned the capix and it caught every time i fell. Don't have to worry about that with the Shred Ready!

Ps- have you seen the SR Supper Scrappy? Pretty similar in looks to the two face.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-02-2010, 6:00 AM Reply   
i have a pro-tec matte grey . i got it stickered up. it works great on hard falls. i don't see stars anymore. lol
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-02-2010, 8:30 AM Reply   
I prefer the Ace to the Two Face design, whatever you do get ear protection
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-02-2010, 10:12 AM Reply   
Yea the ear protection is the #1 reason I'm getting a helmet. I'm accually sitting at the doc's office right now cuz I slapped my ear on a crash a few days ago and can't hear s**t.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-02-2010, 11:10 AM Reply   
Ryan, I got it from summitonline.com. I'm not sure if they have any more. It was a sweet deal, $30+$10 shipping.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-02-2010, 2:42 PM Reply   
Just replaced my Protec Ace Wake with the Two Face. Really like it! I wear the bill to the rear. To the front looks like a horse riding helmet. lol
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-02-2010, 6:05 PM Reply   
I've got a carbon fibre SR Super scrappy I wear when I ride my fixie. Its great looking and comfy as.
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-04-2010, 8:03 PM Reply   
Just got my Two face in the mail today! Helmet seems very well built with tons of padding on the inside. Deffinately looks better worn backwards since it does look like a horse jockey helmet. The strap around the back of your head it like a bungee so you can just flip it forward or backward depending on how you want to wear it. Ear flaps are thick and well built with little vents. Fits true to size and with a 7 1/4" hat size the large fits great. Overall I'm really happy with the quality and look so hopefully it will perform well on the water.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-04-2010, 9:19 PM Reply   
It seems to me that the ear flaps have a front and rear if you look close at them. I thought so anyway. Like it alot so far.