Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2007

Old     (j3t_m3ch)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-29-2007, 8:28 AM Reply   
I have 3 fat sacks that came with the boat. We didn't use them last summer but I was thinking about using them this summer. Where would be the best spots in the boat to put them? and once you fill them up do you just leave them in the boat full or empty them and refill them every weekend? any suggestions/experience?
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-29-2007, 8:32 AM Reply   
If the SSN you're referring to is a Super Sport, then load the ever loving hell out of it everywhere and grab a helmet. That wake is sick.

We have two on our lake and we ride with approximately 2,800-3,500lbs, depending on people in the boat.
750s on each side of the motor, full sack in the bow and about 1000lbs of lead spread throughout the cockpit and bow.
Old     (skier12)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-29-2007, 8:53 AM Reply   
Kani,

I'm assuming that the previous owner did use the ballast bags, so I'm guessing you have 2 that are the same size and one other one. Put the same sized ones in the back on either side of the engine and put the other in ski locker.

Your going to want to pump out the ballast each time you leave the boat for an extended time(couple days), if you trailer it or if you put it on a lift.

Other than that enjoy, its a really fun wake.
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-29-2007, 9:00 AM Reply   
Like the super sport wake... Do what Kyle suggest and buy a helmet.... And a surf board!! This is a '97 SSN with about 800lbs in it... And the rider is about 6ft and 4inches on the first pic.

Upload

Upload

(Message edited by Laptom on March 29, 2007)
Old     (j3t_m3ch)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-29-2007, 9:18 AM Reply   
Tom - thats a nice wake man!! I might turn into a little girl trying to bomb that thing!So you guys think a helmet would be a good investment? And since I have to trailer the boat after each session I would have to empty the sacks? thanks for the info
Old     (j3t_m3ch)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-29-2007, 9:21 AM Reply   
Those fat sacks were used too... it's Jeff Mckees old boat. I bought it from his dad.
Old     (fixin2wakeboard)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-05-2007, 9:35 AM Reply   
Hey Laptom... do you still have this 97' SSN? I have a 99' SSN and have lots of trouble weighting the boat for surfing. My boat has the stock 250lb ballast tank, which I fill on the starboard side and add a 400lb fat sac, which I place on top of the starboard tank. Just wondering how you got the wake dialed in on the 97' SSN starboard for surfing? Thanks for any tips.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-05-2007, 11:05 AM Reply   
Tom what speed are you runnig? On my super sport anything under 23 the left side washes out do you run more weight on that side. Oh yea I'm runnig about 1200-1500 ballast.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-05-2007, 12:39 PM Reply   
Scott,

Are you trying to kill the poor guy.

If he's never run ballast, I think we should keep him within reasonable limits. He'll figure out what that boat can do in time.