Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 28, 2009

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-07-2009, 9:37 AM Reply   
So, one of the little kids turned on the weed-roller that was in the water next to my parked boat and I had a weed-roller rubbing against the underside of my boat for a while. It mannaged to fold over the tips of all 4 blades of my ACME prop. I got under the boat with a snorkel and hammer and got them back to somewhat normal shape. Little punks caught a beating...

I don't notice much when driving except a lower top speed and vibration when over 40mph. Other than that, it is normal. The lake is REALLY low and I have to run aground to get in to one of the docks I frequent (sand bottom) so I am thinking that too does dammage or opens the door to potential dammage. Will do any other long term dammage by running a semi-damaged prop for the remainder of the summer? I will then plan on getting a new prop for spring as the CNCs are virtually impossible to get back to factory specs on a repair. I don't see the point in putting a new prop on now when I will prob break that one too. What are your thoughts?