Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (cbaker87)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-12-2012, 1:42 PM Reply   
I have recently purchased a Mastercraft X45. It has 4 extra ballast bags on top of factory bags, so it should throw a big time wake.

Myelf and a few buddies will be using the board and we weight between 150-180lbs. We would all probably be considered begineers right now(we can get up and ride the wave but no tricks). But we should progress rather quickly now that I have my own boat.

So what board would work well for us?

Thanks
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       06-12-2012, 4:03 PM Reply   
Walker Project 4'5" Signature or the new 4'5" Bomb Pop.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-12-2012, 4:07 PM Reply   
Check out that Bomb Pop! I will be writing up a full review on the board here shortly but the 4'9" version that I have is awesome!
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-12-2012, 7:05 PM Reply   
Shred Stixx Thresher or Pro
Old     (jfd)      Join Date: Jul 2011       06-13-2012, 10:03 AM Reply   
Before putting suggestions, it would be good to know what style you want, skim or surf
Old     (cbaker87)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-13-2012, 11:12 AM Reply   
I think we would prefer skim or a hybrid.
I plan on progessing to a good rider this summer but also want a board a first timer can get on and be able to ride.

Thanks for the help.
Old     (jfd)      Join Date: Jul 2011       06-13-2012, 2:12 PM Reply   
Drew danielo diamond seems to have good reciews and people say it's fast, I ride the regular drew and it's a great skim. Inland surfer have great boards also.
Yous should also check out Liquid force's line-up, they seem to have stepped up a lot this year!
Old     (Becci_)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-13-2012, 2:19 PM Reply   
AIRBAZE Next 4'7 it's really fast and maneuverable, easy to learn 360's and airs. You can do all pro tricks on it but it is still easy for beginners to learn on plus beeing composite sandwich construction it doesn't 'age' as fast as the usual epoxy boards.
Old     (vman)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-13-2012, 9:35 PM Reply   
Bottom line. Spend the cash to get a good board from a 'wakesurf specific' company. And, since you will be spending your hard earned money, I recommend doing as many demos as you can. Even if you have to spend a little more cash to travel to an event in order to demo different boards. This will save a lot of frustration and money in the long run.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-14-2012, 6:30 AM Reply   
if you dont want to spend $800, I am selling my Towanza Ruthless board (made by TWP) because it just sits in my garage. Picked it up last year, but I just dont ride it because of my Flyboy. Board is in great shape.

http://www.centurioncrew.com/index.p...plus-shipping/
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-14-2012, 10:24 AM Reply   
it's funny how he said he wants a skim, but everyone but JFD has been listing surf style boards.

The Phase 5 Danielo Pro Carbon or Danielo Diamond would last you forever. Performance and durability wise. They are great skims
Old     (Woody)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-14-2012, 11:13 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=lakesurfer;1759947]if you dont want to spend $800, I am selling my Towanza Ruthless board (made by TWP) because it just sits in my garage. Picked it up last year, but I just dont ride it because of my Flyboy. Board is in great shape.

http://www.centurioncrew.com/index.p...plus-shipping/[/QUOTE

You must really like your flyboy.
Old     (SacSurfer)      Join Date: May 2012       06-15-2012, 9:29 AM Reply   
Once you ride a flyboy every other board feels slower