Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-11-2007, 8:32 PM Reply   
I am getting my monster tower delivered tomorrow (only took me 2 years to pull the trigger on the purchase). Have any of you installed these yourself and if so, how long did it take? I am trying to time my weekend and am debating on trying to install it tomorrow after work. I am very good with tools and was an engineering student in college for a few years, so I'm not concerned with the install. If I get it half done, is it a big deal to stop in the middle? How much help should I have? Any tips for install? Any help would be much appreciated, I will post pics when I'm done.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-11-2007, 8:40 PM Reply   
I installed mine. Took about four hours (in reality is was about 2 hours of actual work). You should at least have another person help you, but buy a case of beer and invite three people over and it will go much easier.
Old     (hixsonaz)      Join Date: May 2007       07-11-2007, 8:47 PM Reply   
yep it took me a half day...had to figure out the best position by mocking it up and taking digital pics and then i decided to reinforce the brackets in the rear with wood/fiberglass and put some extra fiberglass in front. Surprisingly no screw ups! Instructions are very detailed. Preview instructions online tonight. Read several times.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-11-2007, 9:59 PM Reply   
Get yourself some good drill bits, you are going to need them!
Old    nwwakerider            07-11-2007, 11:07 PM Reply   
took me and a few friends half a day. we didnt work too hard, and it was pretty simple.
Old     (nbeihl)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-12-2007, 1:22 AM Reply   
Half of a day if you are drinking beer. Make sure you drill the holes before you dig into the 24 pack! ALso, make sure you use tape when drilling the holes. If you do not know what I mean, just ask and I will explain.
Old    walt            07-12-2007, 5:19 AM Reply   
I've done four of them and they all took 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
Old     (olskooltige)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-12-2007, 6:49 AM Reply   
Did mine solo in about 3 hours. I had to solicit the help of a neighbor to tighten while I was in the dry storage holding backup.
Old     (fast351)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-13-2007, 12:11 PM Reply   
4 1/2 hours by myself. Biggest pain was scraping all the damn spray foam from under the gunwale. If it wasn't for that it would have been about 2.5 hours. Their instructions are the best I've ever seen for a marine product.
Old     (scottman)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-25-2007, 6:17 PM Reply   
Solo in about 3 hours. Drill backwards and make sure you check the thickness of your fiberglass so you don't develop cracks later.