Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old    rdh            06-18-2003, 4:19 PM Reply   
Hey, and thanks for your time. I am wondering if anyone has spent any time behind a DLX? How is the wake and the boat itself? We are looking at a used one and could use any input.
Thanks again,
RDH
Old     (noquams)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-18-2003, 8:26 PM Reply   
I have one and find the wake to be excellent. I have the factory ballast in the rear and have added 220 lbs of lead in the front. My DLX is a 2002. I imagine that with more ballast the wake would be hard to beat. Just my 2 cents
Old    tclagggym            06-18-2003, 10:05 PM Reply   
I had a 1999 DLX. The wake was good at about 60 ft., and 18 mile an hour, not alot of peak. We only added 500lbs in back. The over all ride is really good. Boat handles great.
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-19-2003, 8:04 AM Reply   
I just got one:

Used 1996 DLX for 17K. Absolutly mint condition w148 hrs. Havent even ridden behind it yet so cant say how it is. I have 500lbs of lead to put in it and need some suggestions where to start.

I also would appreciate any photos of tower and bimini set ups.

Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-19-2003, 10:43 AM Reply   
congrats rick
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       06-20-2003, 2:00 PM Reply   
Nice job Rick.I liked your old one too!Did you sell it?
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-20-2003, 2:33 PM Reply   
Side sacs in the storage and lead in the bow. I think Wastemore has the Sanger sac that fits in the ski locker. He replaced his with a lets go ride sac to add a few more lbs. If you are interested I'll give him a call. Tower I recommend a TriMetric. they are in the bay area. Personally I don't like the proflights on the V210. Which motor, from the pic it looks like the black scorp or the carbed 270hp?

Bring it to Orwood tomorrow or Sunday.
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-20-2003, 4:10 PM Reply   
Cant go this weekend have guys coming to look at old boat thats heavily advertised and needs to go.
Have barry call or shoot me an email if he's got that sac. Already ordered the Proflight Tower, but cant pick it up until other boat sells.

Rick