Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2007

Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       04-03-2007, 3:01 PM Reply   
I need some help. I have 3 amps, my engine, and an isolator hooked up to 2 batteries. I am not educated enough to know how to "dewinterize" my boat and hook back up the wires to the batteries. I thought i knew until this past weekend i made some nice sparks and i HOPE i only blew a fuse.

i was able to hook the boat up to run it and make sure the engine ran. however, my amps wouldnt turn on. so, i left the 2nd battery without anything hooked to it and ran the boat. the stereo turns on, but none of the amps, which is why i think i blew a fuse in the inline fuse.

my question is, is there some basics on what is connected to the positive and the negative? or is this too complicated and it has to be specific for anyone to tell me answers. i might have to tow the boat home and get some help if so.

for example, ground wires, power wires, a wire running back toward my engine or isolator (not sure which), etc.

i hope that all made sense.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       04-04-2007, 7:29 AM Reply   
nobody?
Old     (loffgren)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-04-2007, 8:23 AM Reply   
Should be simple power wire from amp to battery positive and amp ground to battery negative. Do you have a capacitor? That may have caused an arc.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-04-2007, 8:37 AM Reply   
My guess is that you blew the inline.

All you need to do is unplug one battery this breaks the circuit (or get a perko switch)
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       04-04-2007, 10:28 AM Reply   
andrew - no, i do not have a capacitor.

rich - thats what i was hoping. but now i have to figure out how to hook it up without blowing a fuse and creating sparks when i go back to the lake. i assumed i hooked up the wires incorrectly, but i dont know.
Old     (loffgren)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-04-2007, 1:13 PM Reply   
Matt follow the wires out, positive should be red and negative black.Nothin should arc at all, I would check at the amps also to make sure the conductors are not frayed and touching?? If you want send me some picks loffgren@gene.com