Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Brearly_Mason)      Join Date: Nov 2012       01-31-2013, 2:28 PM Reply   
I haven't seen this discussed here... it should be fun to watch...

How Roberts Was Blackmailed To Support ObamaCare
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-31-2013, 4:15 PM Reply   
Anything NOBAMA has ever done is crooked or underhanded.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-31-2013, 4:21 PM Reply   
^Or the SC?

The tax code has been used for decades to coerce people into buying into a market sector or pay a tax penalty. It was never a Constitutional issue. So what if the justices have to be blackmailed into making the correct ruling. That's a whole other issue. They should rule correctly without the extra help.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-31-2013, 4:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Anything NOBAMA has ever done is crooked or underhanded.
There's nothing more funny than seeing someone still butt-hurt over November's election.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-31-2013, 4:59 PM Reply   
The fact that tax code is used to coerce anyone to do anything beyond pay taxes should say that something is wrong with the entire concept. When did coercion by the government become an acceptable facet of life?

Straight forward healthcare reform I can get behind. The monstrosity of pork and forced purchasing of insurance that is ObamaCare I cannot support.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-31-2013, 5:08 PM Reply   
So Nick you are ready to give up your mtg. interest deduction?

That "article" has boatloads of awesome though. Thanks for sharing.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-31-2013, 5:33 PM Reply   
I fail to see the purpose in that question. The planned tax revenue from this Obamacare is very likely going to wind up paying for legislative actions contained within the bill rather than going towards the budget deficit. It's also fairly likely that the mortgage interest deduction will be going the way of the dodo with or without Obamacare. The government feels that they can increase spending and increase taxes to get us out of this hole, so don't expect your deductions to stick around.

The principle for the entire thing needs to be an increase in taxes across the board and a decrease in federal spending. That's how money is saved and put towards a deficit. You can't spend more monthly on a credit card than you pay into it and stay out of debt. You have to cut spending and increase the money put into paying off the debt.

I would be more than willing to pay an increase in taxes or even just pay taxes, but since my income for 2012 is technically below the poverty level due to the amazing job market out of college, I actually will get a refund. A refund that I would be willing to sacrifice towards fixing the deficit, if either side was proposing the necessary measures to reducing it. But neither Republicans or Democrats will do what it takes to fix the problem, so I won't be letting them keep my 2012 taxes.

Or maybe I'm naive and spending our way out of a rising debt is the proper way to do it. I just don't think we need to be spending more money on a healthcare law that does one thing, support the corporate fatcats in the insurance industry who are making a killing off of the increased costs of health insurance thanks to Obamacare.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-01-2013, 7:07 AM Reply   
There's nothing more funny than seeing someone still butt-hurt over November's election.

or sadder than how the Obama loving masses and media ignore the fact that everyones paychecks are smaller, how we are giving F16's to the muslim brotherhood.......many other issues
Old     (lugwrench)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-01-2013, 9:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
or sadder than how the Obama loving masses and media ignore the fact that everyones paychecks are smaller, how we are giving F16's to the muslim brotherhood...
Uh, everyone's paycheck is smaller because of the FICA increase, but it was never on the table to renew the FICA tax holiday

And we're not giving F16's to the muslim brotherhood, they were sold, to the tune of 2.2 billion to the Egyptian Air Force. Egypt is the 4th largest operator of the F-16 at 240 and this deal was inked long before Morsi took power. In the end the senate approved the sale, a far cry from Obama "giving" the muslim brotherhood the planes.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-01-2013, 11:11 AM Reply   
I was aware of the fica increase, but a lot of Obama supporters that either work for me, or that I encounter everyday, were not. They were under the belief that Obama was not going to raise taxes on anyone but the wealthy. They supported him because, to them, a tax is a tax is a tax. They feel like they have been duped. I can't imagine that they are the only ones. From a non-supporter, it looks like one of many deceptive promises made by Obama. I'm waiting for the uproar when the Obamacare tax hits their paycheck. That will probably be spun also.

F16's , the only news that I can find is that it is part of a billion dollar foreign aid package. Therefore, they are given to the Egyptians. Even though it was a prior arrangement, it should have been scrapped with the change in government........
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-01-2013, 11:52 AM Reply   
If they feel duped they are dupes... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_1997274.html
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-01-2013, 12:27 PM Reply   
Obama did nothing to "raise taxes" with the fica holiday. When adopted it was temporary. It always had a sunset provision. Which was extended once, for a year. Then no second extension.

It's the same thing as a "first month free" rent move-in special on an apartment. Nobody should be surprised when the second month isn't free, because free rent, like this tax cut, has expired.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-01-2013, 12:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
F16's , the only news that I can find is that it is part of a billion dollar foreign aid package. Therefore, they are given to the Egyptians. Even though it was a prior arrangement, it should have been scrapped with the change in government........
I know, right? I mean democracy is cool and all but when the "people" of "egypt" elect those long beard terrorist guys, it makes you long for the day of a corrupt tyranical cowtowing dictator.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-01-2013, 12:55 PM Reply   
They are dupes. That's who elected this idiot

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-01-2013, 1:48 PM Reply   
Who elected the last idiot, and the 10 before that?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-01-2013, 3:30 PM Reply   
The GOVERNMENT is the problem.They have too much power,the people have lost a lot of their freedom.We have put thousands of dollars in our retirement [social security] which the government has STOLEN.Irresponsible Government has been the problem for at least 20 years or more.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-02-2013, 11:08 AM Reply   
I wish people would stop saying govt has stolen SS and recognize that it has borrowed from SS. Saying it's been stolen is a backhanded approach to getting people to say it's gone. At what point do we start saying the treasury bonds are worthless and that the govt stole the money? No, we won't do that because it would affect the govt's ability to borrow. The people should make clear in no uncertain terms that the money is borrowed and must be paid back.

What the govt will do is cut benefits because that changes the rate that the money must be repaid. The best way to keep the govt from stealing the money is to not cut benefits. Except the same people who keep claiming the govt stole the money want the benefits cut. It's like telling the crook to take the goods so I can claim it was stolen.
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       02-02-2013, 12:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
I wish people would stop saying govt has stolen SS and recognize that it has borrowed from SS.
LMAO!! Borrowing!!!! If I ever become a super villain and get caught, I want YOU on my jury.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-02-2013, 12:35 PM Reply   
I didn't steal your car.I borrowed it. I promise to give it back when i'm done with it.LOL
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-02-2013, 12:48 PM Reply   
If the US govt is so untrustworthy then why do people flock to T Bills when the world economy starts going south?
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       02-02-2013, 12:51 PM Reply   
I didn't rob that bank, I merely took out a self service loan. I didn't break any federal\state laws, I simply skipped part of the banks process that acquired consent. No big deal.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-02-2013, 5:52 PM Reply   
^Did the govt break any specific law by borrowing from SS?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-03-2013, 5:48 AM Reply   
^^^ You will find out in a few more years!!
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-04-2013, 9:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
^^^ You will find out in a few more years!!
How?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-04-2013, 9:43 AM Reply   
Back to the OP does anyone believe that Roberts was blackmailed into changing his vote on the ACA over the country of origin of his adopted kids?