Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 15, 2008

Old     (bsebllhglyknit)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-12-2008, 2:28 PM Reply   
With hearing about several boats that have been stolen or there stereos jacked. Who has a alarm system for there boat? What kind? How much? How does it work?

Im looking for something that will prevent the stereo from being jacked so motion sensored as well as stolen out right so maybe lo jack idea?
Old     (malibuboats4)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-12-2008, 2:43 PM Reply   
it'd be sweet to have some type of alarm with motion sensors hooked up to the stereo. once they are set off, the stereo would kick on full blast... i bet the thief would jump so high...
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-12-2008, 2:45 PM Reply   
When we kept ours in our yard we had a motion dector up in the tower speakers incase anyone tried to steal audio stuff, but as far as the whole boat

on a trailer = hitch lock
on the lift = none, we live on a super safe lake so we don't do much but maybe just a padlock on the lift's wheel
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-12-2008, 3:58 PM Reply   
I've got a basic DEI alarm system on my boat. Easy to install and has dual shock sensor, and dual zone proximity sensor. Can't get within 2' of the boat without it chirping at you. If you don't move a way in right away the alarm will go off. If you run up and try to get into the boat it will go off immediately. Never had any issues with false alarms either. I have never tried to use the alarm when the boat is in the water because I don't leave my boat in the water.

(Message edited by 05mobiuslsv on October 12, 2008)
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       10-12-2008, 4:27 PM Reply   
I have a similar set-up to nu bu's... but with hood-pins on the stereo compartments instead of a shock sensor, and the proximity sensor is on a switch so it can be turned on and off. My boat spends a lot of time on a boat lift, on the trailer, and floating for occasional over-nights, so I had to figure out how to make it work for all situations... works pretty well as long as you're using the boat frequently (I did kill the batteries a couple times this summer).

The only disappointment I have is that the proximity sensor won't work on a boat lift... no matter how much you de-sensitize it. The water moving below sets it off.
Old     (vdriverider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-12-2008, 8:35 PM Reply   
I have the same setup as nu bu and cal as well. 791XV viper alarm with a proximity sensor, great price o the internet and has definitely paid off. My boat is stored at home and I have never had any problems with false alarms. I keep the cover on at all times and even on the windiest days the alarm has never gone off. The warning chirp was triggered several times which I beleive is the reason I have not been robbed again. The greatest feature of this alarm is the two way radio that sends a signal to the alarm remote next to my 9mm when the warning chirp or full alarm goes off.