Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-13-2012, 9:28 AM Reply   
For a player that is on the downfall of his career. What is he thinking?

His comments about Smush Parker made him look like the complete fool that he is. One of the most ridiculous shots at a guy that hasnt played in the league since like 09. What a terrible individual.
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-13-2012, 8:54 PM Reply   
I like Smush's comment,
"What I personally don't like about him is the man that he is, his personality, how he treats people,"

Basically he's calling Kobe the piece of crap human that he is. That's a heck of a lot worse than not being the best basketball player around.

Kobe is a douche.
Old    sperbet            10-14-2012, 9:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettw View Post
Kobe is a douche.
This is all that needs to be said.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-14-2012, 8:16 PM Reply   
⇈⇈⇈that⇈⇈⇈
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-15-2012, 9:25 AM Reply   
I think you meant to say "downside" not "downfall". A talent like Kobe doesn't have a basketball downfall. Personally, clearly he is not everyone's favorite.

On paper the Lakers have the best team in the league, hopefully they can put it to good use. The passing of the torch to Dwight will be fun.

Edit: Cue mjfan's rant about how terrible Kobe is, both personally and as a player. All his faults are __________ and Michael Jordan and Lebron are 8x the player.

Last edited by stephan; 10-15-2012 at 9:28 AM.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-15-2012, 11:34 AM Reply   
Because MJ making rookies cry during practice, or punching teammates, or having an enormous gambling addiction make him the classiest dude around. Kobe is a deuche, yes. MJ is at the same level of deuchery as kobe though.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-15-2012, 7:42 PM Reply   
Its not a gambling problem if you can pay for it......
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-15-2012, 8:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephan View Post
Edit: Cue mjfan's rant about how terrible Kobe is, both personally and as a player. All his faults are __________ and Michael Jordan and Lebron are 8x the player.
Half correct... Kobe is awful. LBJ is a tad better, but he remains gutless and non impressive.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-16-2012, 10:16 AM Reply   
Its not a gambling problem if you can pay for it......

unless they ask you to retire. probably coulda PeteRose'ed him.
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       10-16-2012, 11:00 AM Reply   
I met Pete Rose when I was a kid at a baseball card show, that he was signing autographs at. My dad gave me a Racing Form to have him sign and I had no idea what I was doing. Mr. Rose said this was the first time anyone had asked him to sign something gambling related but for a kid hed do it. It took a few years for me to realize how funny that was. It is still hanging in my game room. hahaha

As for Kobe, he always runs his mouth, whats new. Still a great ball player and Smush really was terrible. Did anybody see Jalen Rose's story about the night Kobe scored 81. Jalen's stories are already hilarious.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7VlyeWgL8E
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-16-2012, 1:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephan View Post
I think you meant to say "downside" not "downfall". A talent like Kobe doesn't have a basketball downfall. Personally, clearly he is not everyone's favorite.

On paper the Lakers have the best team in the league, hopefully they can put it to good use. The passing of the torch to Dwight will be fun.

Before long, we will hear mjfan's Uncle Rico-like rants about he is better than so and so and how big a star he could be if only coach had put him in for the big game. He can throw a basketball over a mountain.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-17-2012, 9:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Before long, we will hear mjfan's Uncle Rico-like rants about he is better than so and so and how big a star he could be if only coach had put him in for the big game. He can throw a basketball over a mountain.
This makes no sense... I was a big star. I was always in the game. And throwing a basketball over a mountain would be a waste of a basketball. Get it together.

This years NBA rankings.

1. LBJ
2. Durant
3. Melo
4. Cp3
5. Dwight
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-17-2012, 9:55 AM Reply   
How does Melo rate in top 3? only if scoring is all that counts.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-17-2012, 10:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
How does Melo rate in top 3? only if scoring is all that counts.
Being the best offensive player in the game gets you there.... Dude has the most offensive ability in the league.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-18-2012, 10:17 AM Reply   
He is offensive.
#'s 1 and 2 both have more offensive ability.
Cant be in the top 3 if you have no game other than scoring. He is just not a winner, Ask Denver and NY. KLove, DWilliams. DRose all have more well rounded games...more valuable.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-18-2012, 4:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
He is offensive.
#'s 1 and 2 both have more offensive ability.
Cant be in the top 3 if you have no game other than scoring. He is just not a winner, Ask Denver and NY. KLove, DWilliams. DRose all have more well rounded games...more valuable.
People said for YEARS Dirk wasnt a winner...

LBJ - cant shoot... Melo can shoot anywhere.

Durant - cant play in the post... Melo has the body to bang and post up.

Melo is a phenom, easily the 3rd most feared player in the league.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-18-2012, 5:35 PM Reply   
I'd take DRose over Melo any day.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-18-2012, 6:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
I'd take DRose over Melo any day.
DRose is awesome.... but his shooting is very inconsistent and hes coming off a serious knee injury... who knows if that will alter his career.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-19-2012, 10:29 AM Reply   
Dirk is in the "downfall" of his career now, leave him alone.
Just cant get on your Melo bandwagon. His reputation as a scorer is surpassed only by his stellar rep of not playing any D. I think he is a little fat too.
Old    sperbet            10-19-2012, 11:15 AM Reply   
Carmelo Anthony = OVERRATED.

His team was better last year without him than they were with him. I liked the guy coming out of Syracuse and he has the potential, but he just hasn't put it together. Not even close to being a top 3 player in the league. If he stopped shooting so many jumpers and played some, any, kind of defense he has the potential to be a top 3 player in the league. Right now you have a problem convincing me he's even in the top 10.

22.6 ppg on 43% shooting and 33% from 3 is far from top 3 in the NBA.

And nothing personal, I hate Kobe as much as the next guy. But you commonly refer to him as garbage because he's a volume shooter and that's it. If that's the case, how in the hell can you support Carmelo as the third best player in the league? They've both averaged about 19 shots a game in their careers, about 45% from the field and 25 ppg. Their career scoring numbers are eerily similar. If Kobe is a trash volume shooter by your account then isn't Carmelo the same?
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-19-2012, 3:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Dirk is in the "downfall" of his career now, leave him alone.
Just cant get on your Melo bandwagon. His reputation as a scorer is surpassed only by his stellar rep of not playing any D. I think he is a little fat too.
Dirk is awesome.... Yes his career is winding down, but hes one of the best. But alot of people blasted him for years for not winning one. Same with Melo

Melo always has been "fat"... but hes down like 20 lbs to start the season.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-19-2012, 3:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sperbet View Post
Carmelo Anthony = OVERRATED.

His team was better last year without him than they were with him. I liked the guy coming out of Syracuse and he has the potential, but he just hasn't put it together. Not even close to being a top 3 player in the league. If he stopped shooting so many jumpers and played some, any, kind of defense he has the potential to be a top 3 player in the league. Right now you have a problem convincing me he's even in the top 10.

22.6 ppg on 43% shooting and 33% from 3 is far from top 3 in the NBA.

And nothing personal, I hate Kobe as much as the next guy. But you commonly refer to him as garbage because he's a volume shooter and that's it. If that's the case, how in the hell can you support Carmelo as the third best player in the league? They've both averaged about 19 shots a game in their careers, about 45% from the field and 25 ppg. Their career scoring numbers are eerily similar. If Kobe is a trash volume shooter by your account then isn't Carmelo the same?
Melo has had several years shooting 48, 49 percent.

As for Melo and Kobe... Cmon now. Kobe had everything handed to him via the Diesel. People game plan around Melo, they game planed around Shaq.

And to use your very own point.. Alot of people thought Kobe was the best player in the league for several years ( he wasnt, top 5 tho). You said it yourself there numbers are VERY similiar, so is Carmelo the best player in the league!??
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-19-2012, 4:16 PM Reply   
And to get back to your original comments, what about MJ's comments at his HOF introduction. Those comments had to make him the biggest ahole of all time. If you think kobe is being a deusch, you would have to be a hypocrite to think MJ isnt.
Old    sperbet            10-19-2012, 4:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfan23 View Post
Melo has had several years shooting 48, 49 percent.
2 years out of 9 and the last one was 5 years ago. He's a volume shooter too and basically contributes nothing else to his team.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-19-2012, 7:08 PM Reply   
^the truest thing spoken in this thread.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-20-2012, 1:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrigo View Post
And to get back to your original comments, what about MJ's comments at his HOF introduction. Those comments had to make him the biggest ahole of all time. If you think kobe is being a deusch, you would have to be a hypocrite to think MJ isnt.
Jordans speech was the classic story of how he became the greatest player to ever play the game. It was the story of how he became who he was...

Smush Parker had nothing to do with who Kobe is.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-20-2012, 1:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sperbet View Post
2 years out of 9 and the last one was 5 years ago. He's a volume shooter too and basically contributes nothing else to his team.
so is Melo the best player in the league??? Avoiding the question I see.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-22-2012, 12:09 PM Reply   
No Melo is not the best player in any league. An argument can be made he makes his teams worse. Ie Denver, and in NY while he was out.
Excellent points Scott.
Classic story of how..... to be an assclown.
http://www.aolnews.com/2009/09/12/jo...assy-to-clown/
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-23-2012, 6:28 PM Reply   
People who didnt like Jordans speech, didnt understand what Jordan was.

His speech epitomizes exactly what he is... The greatest player ever, a champion, the most competitive athlete in the world.

What he said was not mean, it was competitive, it was a story of how he became the best, the hurdles he overcame.

Lets not forget what Jordan was, ruthless... Frankly the era of LBJ and Durant being buddy buddy is pathetic.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-29-2012, 11:06 AM Reply   
Kobe hurt already??? 0 games into the season and Kobe already hampered with a foot injury.

Yikes. his old decrepit body is breaking down at a rapid pace. Hang em up volume shooter.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-29-2012, 12:20 PM Reply   
No need to worry mjfan, just giving Jodie Meeks a chance to get some minutes.
Old     (georgebarber)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-29-2013, 8:49 PM Reply   
I agree to what Brett said !!!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-30-2013, 8:08 AM Reply   
Holy thread dredge!
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-30-2013, 4:03 PM Reply   
what is volume shooter going to do this season? Could be rouugggghhhh.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-30-2013, 5:03 PM Reply   
Hey MJ, care to explain... I'm confused.

Quote:
LBJ - cant shoot... Melo can shoot anywhere.
2013 Shooting percentages -
Lebron - FG = .491 3PT = .375
Melo - FG = .406 3PT = .298

.... how can that be?!
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-30-2013, 5:07 PM Reply   
What is Kobe doing?

A lot of Rehab.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-30-2013, 5:19 PM Reply   
Just turning this to the NBA..... Jazz dump all the vets.....going young guns!

Our veteran leadership is coming from a guy going into his 4th year. Projected starting line-up.....bunch of lottery.

1 - Trey Burke
2 - Alec Burkes (there is a possibility that Brandon Rush slots here)
3 - Gordon Hayward
4 - Derrick Favors
5 - Enes Kanter

That's a starting line-up with 10 years experience in the NBA, nobody with more than 3(Favors and Hayward).

It's going to be fun!
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       07-31-2013, 5:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
Hey MJ, care to explain... I'm confused.

2013 Shooting percentages -
Lebron - FG = .491 3PT = .375
Melo - FG = .406 3PT = .298

.... how can that be?!
By that logic, DeAndre Jordan is the best pure shooter in the league at .643.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-31-2013, 6:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Shhhhh, centers don't count.
Old    sperbet            07-31-2013, 9:23 AM Reply   
What's he doing?

Sucking up over half of LAs cap space this season, that's what he's doing.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-31-2013, 3:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_ssr View Post
Well, you could just take their 3 point shooting percentage, .406-LBJ vs .379-CA?
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-31-2013, 3:48 PM Reply   
How are my 3pt numbers so far off yours(now I see you said 3pt)?

For regular fg%...I'm getting .565-LBJ vs .449-CA

Stats from ESPN's NBA stats....

Last edited by deuce; 07-31-2013 at 3:52 PM.
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-01-2013, 7:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce View Post
Well, you could just take their 3 point shooting percentage, .406-LBJ vs .379-CA?
you could, but thats wouldnt help the argument as these arent top 10 numbers, or even top 20 numbers. Barely top 30 numbers!

I think LJ is a tremendous player, but you cant use shooting stats as an indicator of superior shooting ability. Not all shots are equal, but all shots affect the percentage.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-01-2013, 9:44 AM Reply   
Out of 134 players that met qualifications to be considered (a player must be on pace to make 55 three-point field goals), LBJ ranked in the top 20%.... CA was in the top 40%(37%). LBJ ranked 27th, CA 50th.... You are talking about guys putting up some 3's....and making them. You're also talking about NBA players, guys that are not only on the teams, but on the court and allowed to be jacking 3's like that. So I think the numbers mean something.

Are the numbers all telling, no. But, I think you can take those numbers and make a case.

Do you think their offensive games are that dissimilar? They primarily score in vastly different ways?