Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (waketowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-20-2010, 8:25 PM Reply   
So while wakeboarding to day with my dad I was having trouble with my tantrum. He told me he had no advice, because he knows nothing about it. Then he suggest a wakeboard camp, and got me pretty stoked about it until i saw the prices. Are they worth it? I got a really good vibe from The Boarding School in Orlando. Has any one been there, or have any other suggestion for camps in FL, GA or AL?
Old    benj_t            06-20-2010, 8:45 PM Reply   
http://www.adamswakeboardschool.com/...hool/Home.html

Here is Adam Fields website, i HIGHLY recommend riding with Adam. He taught me how to do a Pete Rose this past week
Old     (waketowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-21-2010, 7:36 AM Reply   
thanx i look into them, what kind of boat do they use? I know it says there sponsored by epic, but the pictures i saw had a mastercraft in them
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-21-2010, 7:51 AM Reply   
THE WAKEBOARD CAMP in clermont fl is also good . shaun is doing his school at the projects now i think he is a awesome teacher. i have his detention 2012 dvd.there are a ton of schools in fla dave briscoe[wakeboard coach} darrin shapiro, OWC HAS A SCHOOL ALSO.
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-21-2010, 10:29 AM Reply   
X2 for the wakeboard camp. I went for a week in april and it was well worth the money. I left with 5 new tricks and cleaned up some inverts.
Old     (surfdoggy)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-21-2010, 1:47 PM Reply   
The Boarding School rocks. Have had a chance to watch Travis and Kyle coach a bunch of riders and get immediate, visible progression. Not a lot of great riders have the demeanor or the ability to express things in a way that will actually help a rider progress - they do. Plus it's just a blast.
Old    Lmyers1            06-21-2010, 4:54 PM Reply   
If you have a chance to go to The Boarding School take it! You will not be disappointed.
Old     (wakemania)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-21-2010, 5:56 PM Reply   
Parker, Adam Fields does use an Epic. My son went earlier this year for a couple of days and really enjoyed it. I rode in the boat with them and Adam explains the fundamentals of the trick and really breaks the trick down. Highly recommended.
Old     (FloppyRider)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-21-2010, 6:01 PM Reply   
Orlando Wake is a great camp... You will have so much fun there
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-21-2010, 7:57 PM Reply   
I'll second The Boarding School. Those guys kill it. The atmosphere is relaxing, the moods are great, and the guys are the best in the biz. Not to mention the fact that they have now taken over at The Projects, you now have the opportunity to hit some sweet rails either from a ski, or on the 2.0. Gonna be going back in October, and can't wait. It's been way too long.

Nothing but good times at The Boarding School.
Old     (waketowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-22-2010, 7:54 AM Reply   
Thanks guys, im going to look into AF and TBS more. ill let you know the results
Old     (ndh2o)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-22-2010, 7:59 AM Reply   
Another vote for Adam Fields camp.