Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    joeschmidt            10-26-2003, 3:07 PM Reply   
Just wondering if anybody has had any problems with their hyperlite gear because I broke my board after only 4 months of use and now my bindings are falling apart.
Old    upupnaway            10-26-2003, 4:31 PM Reply   
I have had binding issues on several occassions. My parks keep ripping where the lace ups attatch in the back. On the plus side, My shop keeps replacing them under warranty at no cost.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-26-2003, 5:06 PM Reply   
Things break. Fortunatly, Hyperlite has no problem replacing their stuff.
Old     (lhlocal)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-26-2003, 10:21 PM Reply   
I'm real happy with my Parks board, and I was real happy with my Belmont bindings. They started to rip real bad, so I took them to the shop in mid June. I got them back last Friday. Unfortunately my season ended that day because the boat is being winterized. Good product and great warranty, unfortunatly it takes forever.
Old    xtremebordgurl            10-26-2003, 10:51 PM Reply   
I've never had a problem with hyperlite... but I'm trying out O'Brien this next summer just to mix it up a bit. I've never had a binding tear on me or a board snap on me. Then again, I just started hitting double ups and have never touched an obstacle so that could be why.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-27-2003, 7:28 PM Reply   
I had 2002 Belmont bindings rip after only one season. My dealer replaced them with new 2003s, and at the same time I think Hyperlite repaired and returned the 2002s to the dealer. Other than that, all my other Hyperlite gear has been fine.
Old     (obrienride16)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-27-2003, 8:30 PM Reply   
greg, i know it doesnt take hyperlite that long to replace binding parts, its usually a couple weeks at most. my guess is that the delay is from your shop.
Old     (lhlocal)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-27-2003, 10:03 PM Reply   
I guess I shouldn't point fingers without knowing for sure. I do know I paid several visits to the shop and a couple over the phone. I know the bindings were sent in a timely fashion, and I was there when they would talk to hyperlite. From what I heard by eavesdropping on their phone call, they were real backed up and then waiting for the parts. I owned a retail shop for 5 years, so I know the old waiting for parts routine. I should have pushed for what they did for alex. All I know is I rode my cheap cwb binding from last year for half the season and watched half my foot poking out when I landed. At least were planning a december trip to FL, and the owc is on the to do list. By the way, even with the binding trouble, I picked up a grubb 112 at the end of this season. My "good" binding is starting to tear so they'll have a second chance to impress me with their service.
Old    saxosham            10-27-2003, 11:15 PM Reply   
I have had a few different warranty problems with Hperlite boards & bindings. Only speaking for myself here, I can honestly say they have been excellent in every aspect, they really care about getting you back on the water, they were even going to lend me a pair of bindings to use, while I was waiting on my new overlays.
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-28-2003, 9:50 AM Reply   
Hmmmm, seems this thread has been around a few times. Check the archives. It comes down to everyone has a different experience with Hyperlite. Your hyperlite warranty experience depends on your dealer.... For the most part.
Old    upupnaway            10-28-2003, 2:41 PM Reply   
You got it root. My dealer hands me new stuff off of the shelves, I am on the water the same day.
Judging from what I have read on these threads, I guess people should research the dealers they buy from as well as the products themselves.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-28-2003, 3:51 PM Reply   
David hit the nail on the head. Your shop should hook you up. I know a lot of shops will take your broken bindings and send them in for you, and then it will take forever to get them back. That is awful generous of them, but my shop, Wakesports Unlimited, does more than that. They'll zip tie your ripping bindings, order a new pair of overlays, and when the new overlays get there, they'll fix your boots for you, that way you're never without boots. How excellent is that?
Old    nooner            10-28-2003, 3:56 PM Reply   
my old highbacks really sucked. I think they were 2001 models. I went through lots of overlays. They did feel really nice though. I got some belmonts after that. No problems with them at all.
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-05-2003, 8:42 PM Reply   
My High backs 2002 overlays broke after just 6 months of use, i suppose it was a bad ending on the rubber that started to tear, anyway y mailed them and had no problem replacing the overlays.
Old     (iewc_vp)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-05-2003, 8:55 PM Reply   
If you are unhappy with Hyperlite, ride something else. There are lots of great companies out there. Hyperlite is one of them, LIQUID FORCE is another. Just find what you like. But I work at a shop and if it took them over 5 months to get them back, chances are they sat in the shop behind a box until someone found them and sent them in, cuz that is unheard of.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-05-2003, 9:01 PM Reply   
Tim stop trying to be subtle, tell us which wakebrand you suggest.
Old    maverick_gear            11-06-2003, 10:31 AM Reply   
hyperlite always takes awesome care of me and i rep for their competitors..... they made me custom bindings and everything
Old     (mcfatty)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-06-2003, 12:19 PM Reply   
Hyperlite bindings suck.

Luchog I have 02 highbacks also and they tore at the velcro strip on the back. They sent me 03 overlays but it still a pain to have to replace them.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-06-2003, 12:22 PM Reply   
yeah it would be a pain to have to put free brand new overlays on your used bindings.
Old    maverick_gear            11-06-2003, 2:05 PM Reply   
i would hate to wonder what kind of trash mcfatty would have talkin if hyperlite had of checked and found out his warranty was out.....
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-08-2003, 4:21 PM Reply   
hey!, I got the replacements at my shop just 10 days after I mailed them, maybe durability is not their best quality, but those bindings DO feel great, and as long as Hype stands behind their products that's ok for me.
Other bindings I had problems with were o'briens, and they never even worried about answering my e-mails.