Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       06-18-2003, 8:36 PM Reply   
Buddy just bought a 98 Sport Bowrider Ski Centurioun,what kind of wake can he expect? How should we sack it?
Thanks.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       06-19-2003, 8:45 AM Reply   
I had that same boat, it really isn't designed as a wakeboard boat, it really is an open bow version of their closed bow Falcon, which is great for skiing, but it has very flat bottom, unlike the newer boats today. When I had ours we did weight it down once, I put about 400 pounds in the back next to the engine, 200 on each side. It did help, you could probably put more weight in the bow, but be carefull, that boat sits real low as is, especially on the bow, it really looks like a "Falcon". LOL

So maybe 200 to 250 on each side of the engine, another 200 to 250 in the bow, some beers and a few buddies, and your set. You could probably go more, but again be carefull. You will probably find that the wake with that set-up will equal a stock wakeboard specific boat.

But we did enjoy the boat, especially for 20K brand new out the door. Did you know they make the same exact boat today, now selling for around 24K.

Good Luck!
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-19-2003, 9:03 AM Reply   

Rich - Off the subject but will we see ya this weekend for the Sonoma Get-Togther???

WWW.WAKEON.COM
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       06-19-2003, 6:28 PM Reply   
J.F.:Thanks,I know this thing won't throw much of a wake,but it looks nice.We'll at least try to make it a wakeboard boat.
Mike:If I do get out there ,it won't be for to long.I will definetly make my way over to you guys.I'm tryin to get a crew together,we'll see what happens.Is this a deal where I could bring my wife and kids,or should it be adults?
Let me know....
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       06-19-2003, 6:28 PM Reply   
J.F.:Thanks,I know this thing won't throw much of a wake,but it looks nice.We'll at least try to make it a wakeboard boat.
Mike:If I do get out there ,it won't be for too long.I will definetly make my way over to you guys.I'm tryin to get a crew together,we'll see what happens.Is this a deal where I could bring my wife and kids,or should it be adults?
Let me know....
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       06-20-2003, 9:30 AM Reply   
It is a very sharp looking boat! We loved ours, we put a pretty nice stereo system in it, ours was Red, Black, and Gray, believe me the women didn't know the difference between our 20K Centurion with the booming stereo from the Nautique that at the time was going for more than double the price. LOL Please don't take this as a Nautique bash, awesome boats, but at the time we couldn't afford one. Back in 98 we were just starting to get into Wakeboarding, kind of transitioning from water skiing "which that boat tows as good as any on water ski passes" but now that we are totally into Wakeboarding "we don't even have a waterski on board" we went for something more Wakeboard specifc this time around.

Do you have a tower on it? We went with the extended pylon which was less than ideal, back then towers were just becoming popular.

Enjoy!!!
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       06-20-2003, 1:55 PM Reply   
My buddy bought a tower from ultimate watersports.They said it would be on today ,in time for the weekend.I just went by there and they haven't even started to put it on.It is a nice boat but,
I'll take my 90 Sanger over it any day!
He was gonna put the system in it tonight but thanks to ultimate,it'll have to wait.