Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (rkinsell)      Join Date: May 2005       07-19-2013, 12:26 PM Reply   
I bought/remodeled a home in Feb 12' in Scottsdale, AZ. Since then my neighbor, (who is stage 4 cancer) does not want to mess with the real estate market, and wants his home to go into good hands. He's approached me with an offer that I cannot refuse to purchase the property. However, I don't really want to move into this home and I would like to purchase, remodel and sell within 3 months. Does anyone on here know the best way to approach this tax wise? It is a larger home with a pool, so classifying it as a primary residence will not be a problem. Would I receive any backlash from buying this as a primary and selling within 3 months, then "moving" back into my old place? Has anyone gone through anything similar?
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-19-2013, 2:39 PM Reply   
I'm one among a few who've wondered if Sam Ingram and you weren't the same. That aside, don't either of you have a good accountant? One of the three most important assets in my small business(es) has/ve been my accountant(s). It's a husband and wife firm. They've been around for ages and I worry about the day they retire. What I'm driving at is, don't you have a trusted accountant who is local ... 'has boots on the ground' ... you can visit? My visits for like out-of-the-ordinary questions for my odd (but unlike yours) question(s) haven't cost much at all in the larger picture. I've got a bunch of odd investments ... which count as capital income. And that is good.
Old     (rkinsell)      Join Date: May 2005       07-19-2013, 3:43 PM Reply   
No I'm not Sam Ingram. I have a call into my accountant, but he specializes in employee owned companies (I'm involved in two with some weird accounting). I've seen a decent amount of real estate advice on this site so I thought I could get a couple opinions.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-20-2013, 12:00 PM Reply   
I'll Ask My cpa About That For You Kinsella, I'm going Wakeboarding With Him On Tuesday. Remember When You Used To Wakeboard?
Old     (rkinsell)      Join Date: May 2005       07-20-2013, 1:12 PM Reply   
Yeah I miss those days. I appreciate it.