Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old    robertt            06-20-2006, 10:43 AM Reply   
I bought a bunch of purple LED clusters last year. To be honest, they just are not that bright. I am thinking of getting a few of these...

http://cgi.ebay.com/36-Inch-PURPLE-LED-UNDERBODY-ROD-W-CONTROLLER_W0QQitemZ9742618149QQihZ008QQcategoryZ5 8019QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

to put in my boat up under the gunnels/ski locker area of my X7.

In addition, I really would like to add a little bling to my tower speaker grills, but don't want to run a new wire up there and go through that trouble.

Is there a LED light that you can piggyback onto your speaker wire connection that will work properly?
Old     (wakespecialty)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-20-2006, 6:23 PM Reply   
purple is a bit of a challenge. they are super cool looking, although you have to kill it with them. it also doesn't take much light to wash them out. what type of speaker grills are you trying to light up? the type of grill lends itself to different led light options.

i would not recommend pulling power from your speaker terminals or speaker wire for illumination. most likely, you'll end up with noise coming through your speakers.

as the led's draw such little power, you can easily get away with 20 gage
Old    robertt            06-20-2006, 7:35 PM Reply   
I have Polk Momo grills.

Yep, purple is super cool looking but good god you need a billion of them to end up with anything.

What I hate now about them is that you can only really get the effect in absolute darkness. Any light at all, and as you said you get nothing.

I hate to say it, but I think I will need to pull them all out and replace them with blue.

grrrr