Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old                03-16-2005, 10:45 AM Reply   
Sorry to jump in the women's forum here, but I have a question for you ladies. Last year I bought my girlfriend a wakeboard and bindings. This year I am looking to buy her a good life vest. Which vests do you prefer based on "cuteness" and comfort?

Her skill level is beginner and very few tricks right now if that makes any difference.
Old                03-16-2005, 4:19 PM Reply   
Josh - no boys allowed! J/K I have a do not buy for you: the jet pilot side entry, non coast guard approved is what I have and when you go big and crash hard the whole thing comes shifts on my body. My first thought was it was too big but it fits but there is only one strap around the middle. Definately get her one with more than one strap and a front zip!
Old     (ladyboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-16-2005, 6:58 PM Reply   
Hi Josh, Ten-80 Lady is coming out with a new vest for 2005. I have seen it and it looks really comfortable and is powder blue and black. It is a molded vest to provide floatation while still being flexible. It is not coast guard approved though. You can see some pics at www.fluid-distribution.com
Later
Tiff
Old                03-17-2005, 6:19 AM Reply   
Thanks for the input so far.

hypergirl - is this the one you were talking about? http://www.wakeside.com/page/W/PROD/jetpilot_wakeboard_vests/jetpilot_gtr_comp_vest

ladyboarder - do you know when they will be coming out? Her birthday is in May so that might be a good possibility.

Thanks again.
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-17-2005, 6:29 AM Reply   
Josh,
I got my girlfriend a wet-tech neoprene that is purple and ?, maybe? It has a flower on it, looks nice, she says its very confortable, has front zip, two straps and wasn't very expensive, like around $50 maybe on sale
Old                03-17-2005, 1:38 PM Reply   
liquid force and rip curl have cute vests :-)
Old                03-25-2005, 1:26 PM Reply   
If you are looking for a jacket the offers back support and comfort look at the Oneil Siren, it comes in mulitpule colors, offers mobility (no under arm or neck rub) offers support and comfort for large breasted women and is very comfortable ... personally I won't ride anything different.