Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old    robertt            06-20-2006, 4:24 PM Reply   
With alot of your help, I have everything pretty close to working right.

However, I want to add two additional 3way Polk MOMO speakers to the cabin of my boat. I want to install one on the port side in the gunnel ski storage place (Mastercraft X7), and another on the drivers side so that I can hear the music loud without turning it so far up when we are going fast.

I have 4 polk MOMO 200rms speakers on my tower. I am going to order a gain control for those.

I have a stock 4 speaker cabin system now, along with 2 10" subs on their own amp.

I am driving the tower speakers and the cabin speakers with the stock 400amp 4 channel 2 ohm stable Clarion amp. Front two channels to the tower, rear to the cabin speakers.

Here are my questions:

1. If I add the two higher powered Polk cabin speakers to the cabin channels, will I be way over doing it on that amp?

2. If so, what is the best configuration if I need to buy another amp. Should I buy another for the cabin speakers, or the tower speakers. If its for the tower speakers and I am going to use the 4 channel amp for the cabin speakers, should I separate the new higher watt cabin speakers from the others via the channels.

The problem that I am having is that at speed I have to turn the boat and tower speakers up so loud to hear them under the bimini that I blast the lake to heck. I don't want to do that all the time, I want to hear crisp clear music in the drivers/observers seat while going 30mph. The tower speakers wont give me that, they are firing backwards and the bimini doesn't help. The stock cabin speakers are way back under the rear seat. Don't forget, its a direct drive so that's pretty far back there.

My other option is to replace the stock speakers I guess, but I don't know if that would do any good.

Oh, and I really would like to stick with 2 amps. I really would rather not have to build a rack and deal with another amp. I would even easily forgo one of my subs to prevent it.

Any advice would be really appreciated.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-20-2006, 7:41 PM Reply   
How many speakers in the cabin total?

Assuming 4, I would suggest you dedicate your existing amp to the cabin and get a stronger tower amp. You will probably not notice too much difference by simply swapping speakers.