Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Old    socalgrl79            07-06-2005, 1:39 PM Reply   
Does anyone have any feedback on the 05 LF Sphynx bindings? My only concern is that my feet have a high arch, so it's hard for me to find anything comfortable. Anyone have any suggestions on other bindings or info on these?

Thanks!

Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-06-2005, 1:59 PM Reply   
Amy,

If you have a store close by, try some on. In my opinion (and I know it's not much), LF are super-comfortable, but then, it all comes down to what feels good for you. Hey, I have a great idea! Come down here and I am sure Hannah will let you try hers! And, while you are here, I know this boy that would like to meet you
Old     (peterslc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-06-2005, 2:02 PM Reply   
I tryed my buddy's for the 1st time, and I loved them! I have 03 byerly's, and thought mine would be tough to beat, buy I may have to get myself a pair of LF's next year. They're super soft and easy to get on. I'd definitely look into it.
Old     (leshella)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-06-2005, 2:10 PM Reply   
OMGOSH!!! i LOOOOVE my sphynx. no joke, i feel like i'm wearing my house slippers or something. they're seriously UN-believeable. all my friends are jonesying to try my boots. go try them on, no doubt, you'll love 'em!! also, they have the double tie-up laces--one for the top of your foot and another seperate one for your lower ankel/shin, so yeah...that's nice.
Old    socalgrl79            07-06-2005, 2:41 PM Reply   
Buzz,

You do?? Sweet, set me up! (I heard he's got quite a body!)

Les,

Thanks for the feedback! I've heard nothing but good things about these bindings.. so I'm definitely going to check them out.

-Amy
Old    corkyswx2            07-06-2005, 2:56 PM Reply   
try the minx vs. the sphynx, they're shaped more for girls feet... the only prob i've had witht hem is they are wearing a spot on the inside of my right ankle (i'm goofy foot).. they're doing the same on 2 of my friends... It may be because we both ride a lot, but see if you can demop a pair before you purchase them.. aslo, check the inside of the bindings (side that faces the other ankle) there is a molded rubber piece that is tucked into the neoprene which is what is rubbing on all of us. other than that they are good
Old    socalgrl79            07-06-2005, 3:22 PM Reply   
Courtney,

Thanks for the info - I love the look of the Minx.. but I've heard about them ripping in the back. I definitely plan to be riding a lot, so I'm looking for something pretty durable. I appreciate the feedback! :-)

-Amy
Old    lovin_the_sport            07-06-2005, 3:34 PM Reply   
Hey I just bought Sphynx last week and have ridden two days with them. I love their comfyness like crazy. I usually have alot of troule with my feet cause they are monstorous and wide. But they fit awsome.

Only concern... they too are rubbing a spot on my inside left ankle(reg rider). but besides that, love them!!!

They are comfy, easy on, easy off and just feel really good on your feet!
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-06-2005, 3:37 PM Reply   
Hi Amy,

My foot has a high arch too, in fact, I'd been riding the 03 Nice PRS1 bidnings for a couple of years and a few reviewers back when I was first researching them said the arch in the sole was too high them.

Been riding the '05 Sphynx for a couple of weeks now and they're working out very well (although I miss the snowboard style ratchet of the PRS1 bindings).

take care, -Alain.
Old    socalgrl79            07-06-2005, 3:38 PM Reply   
Hannah,

Hey girl! Thanks for the info! I'm going to see what I can find this weekend. I definitely didn't plan on having room in my suitcase for bindings.. CRAP!

Alain,

Awesome, they might be perfect for me and my stupid feet!

-Amy

(Message edited by socalgrl79 on July 06, 2005)
Old    skatie            07-06-2005, 4:28 PM Reply   
hey amy, as far as the minx vs. sphynx, they are pretty much the same binding - just sized a little different. they came out with the minx last year and some of the guys on the lf team liked them, so they made the sphynx as the guys version. it's the only thing in the industry that i can think of that was made for a woman and then changed color for the guys instead of the other way around! i love the minx. they have alot of padding this year which makes them a little tighter, but i love em. good luck!
Old    socalgrl79            07-06-2005, 4:42 PM Reply   
Skatie,

Thank you for that feedback! I love the look of the Minx.. so I will definitely keep that in mind.

-Amy
Old    lovin_the_sport            07-06-2005, 5:02 PM Reply   
where you traveling to Amy?
Old    socalgrl79            07-06-2005, 5:06 PM Reply   
Hannah,

I'm coming home.. I'm getting impatient and I really want to buy a board and bindings, but I'm concerned about getting it home. :-)

-Amy
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       07-06-2005, 5:14 PM Reply   
Amy,
Guess you are still trying to spend that B-Day money....huh??

Just get that purple board and some matching bindings already.... if you need to take it back to Cali then just get a matching board bag too.
Old    socalgrl79            07-06-2005, 5:29 PM Reply   
Jeff,

That birthday money is going to be spent on a trip to Mexico in September! Thank goodness for credit cards!

-Amy
Old     (cubanismo)      Join Date: Jan 2005       07-07-2005, 11:30 AM Reply   
Amy--

Like you, I have feet w/high arches and, therefore, prefer the Transits over the Sphynx. I have had the opportunity to ride the Sphynx on several occasions, and the insteps (i.e. the shoelaces) of my feet always hurt afterward. For some reason, the Sphynx pinch the tops of my feet; however, I have had no such problems in the Transits. In short, though I don't think they look as sweet as the Sphynx, I think the Transits may be a better fit for you. You're gonna have to try them both on to be sure though. Happy hunting!
Old    socalgrl79            07-07-2005, 11:37 AM Reply   
Andre,

Really? I'm glad you said that, because I definitely have a high arch that gives me problems. I'll be sure to try them both on.. thanks for that!

-Amy
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-07-2005, 11:54 AM Reply   
hey the sphynx rip in the back too!
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-07-2005, 6:56 PM Reply   
Nathan did you just hear that or have you had a pair do it. Post a pic, so we can see where.
Thanks ~Tyler~
Not doubting you but i just ordered a pair yesterday, and would like to know what problems could occur.
Old    dmaz            07-07-2005, 10:59 PM Reply   
Amy -
I bought the Sphinx and ended up returning them for the State bindings. I actually wanted the Minx, but had to settle for the Sphinx cuz the store we go to for demo-ing boards couldn't get any. They felt awesome inside, but my feet kept cramping up - and that was in larges (I'm size 9). I guess I have a different problem though -- my feet are a little wide and I don't have a high arch. The other thing, they seemed so big and bulky...I felt like I was wearing moon boots. http://www.womens-fashion-boots-shoes.com/images/snow%20boots/moon.jpg
So I took them back for the Hyperlite States, which I like much better (comfortwise & sizewise).
Best of luck shopping. Oh yeah, I wouldn't suggest buying them somewhere you can't take them back to very easily, just in case you change your mind.
Happy shopping!
Donna

(Message edited by dmaz on July 07, 2005)
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-08-2005, 9:20 AM Reply   
Hey AMY
I ride the MINX, and I love them. super comfy and easy to get into. I have an extra pair of MEDIUMS that I need to sell, if you try them on in a store and like them, consider making me an offer first. I am sure Ill give you a better deal on them than any store.
thanks and good luck!
Old    socalgrl79            07-08-2005, 10:04 AM Reply   
Parkgirl,

Great, I'll definitely keep that in mind! I might go this weekend and try some on, so if the Minx are what I end up wanting, I'll definitely hit you up. What would you be looking for, for the set?
Old     (gobigscott)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-08-2005, 10:14 AM Reply   
They're 25% OFF this weekend at Glass & Powder - thought you might be interested. Call us tollfree if you need the hookup:
(877) We-Go-Big

Word.
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-09-2005, 9:08 AM Reply   
Amy-
Im selling these for $200 plus shipping, Im in Northern Cal. so it cant be too much to ship
Old    socalgrl79            07-09-2005, 9:11 AM Reply   
Parkgirl,

I'm hoping to go take a look this weekend, so I'll definitely let you know. Thanks!

-Amy