Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Deeznutz)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-26-2011, 5:27 PM Reply   
I am thinking of buying this model used with approx 200hrs on it, in great condition, and owned by mechanic. Is there any defects or chronic problems with this particular model to be aware of? And what website can I use to find out the blue book value on this boat?
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       08-27-2011, 9:48 AM Reply   
We have an 01 elite v with 1300 hours. Had a transmission leak back in 03 but once that was fixed no mechanical problems since. Starting to see some wear and tear such as broken cup holders and the backing becoming unstapled in the side storage areas. Which is acceptable with this many hours.

factory ballast is only 200lbs, which is a joke. We plumbed in 750s in the rear, integrated bow sac, and a 400lb sac we use in the bow to board, and under the side bench to surf. The wakeboard wake is pretty steep, and the surf wake is quite long with lots of push.

Ours doesn't have the trim tab, and the boat will porpus with no weight in it. We keep the bow sac full and it solves the problem. The trim tab does allow wake adjustments on the fly, and helps with the porpusing too.
Old     (wakintime)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-27-2011, 4:01 PM Reply   
Check Nada for prices. They are not really all that accurate but will give you an idea
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-27-2011, 4:46 PM Reply   
Thia boat is a great beginner to intermediate wakeboat that is rock solid. The Ics construction helps tremendously. Depending on options the standard one tank ballast is about 300 lbs. Add 500 to each locker and 3-500 in the nose and it kicks up a steep, hard wake. If the boat doesnt have the hydraulic trim tab i would immediatelyput one on. This particular Centurion hull needs it dor sure to help shape the wake for boarding and surfing.

The viny in that year was kinda crappy and tore along the piping so check that good. Other than that i cant recall which year they started using the pilot one multi gauge, but that thing was a pos that was short lived. The Merc motor is easy to get parts and service for.
The boat does everything. It boards,surfs, skis, and cruises
. However the boarding wake isnt the biggest, nor is the surf wake, the ski l
wake isnt the flattest, but it does them fairly well. The cockpit is very roomy for a wakeboat of that era, and again the constuction of the boat makes it rock solid.

WALOVE

I am surprised the wake at boarding speeds doesnt start to curl with those
750's full at boarding speeds. The best config i found for that boat was abot 400-500 max
Each side other wise you got a nasty curl on the drivers side.

Last edited by xstarrider; 08-27-2011 at 4:51 PM.
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       08-27-2011, 7:12 PM Reply   
No pilot one gauge in 01, but that reminds me that we also had the tach go out, sent it in to farria and they repaired it. Speedo is on pito tube which isn't that relieable, or accurate. You have to fiddle/blow out the air lines.

As for the wake, balance is key, 750s in the back works when you have 750+ in the bow. Integrated bow sac is 725, it doesn't fill all the way but its close. Plus a 400 bag in the walk through bow area. You have to speed up with that much weight, 25mph or so.