Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jwmustangin)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-09-2010, 4:18 PM Reply   
I realize that this is a wakeboarding site...... but I am currently throwing around the idea of picking up a kneeboard.

I would like to get something that is "all purpose". Im looking for something that I can get crazy on (surface tricks and big air) and something that would be a good tool to teach those "newbies to watersports" folks. I have found that teaching someone to kneeboard first before wakeboarding helps a lot! After all, we all learned to crawl first, right? I guess its a center of gravity thing!

Am I asking too much? Does a board like this even exist?

Any recommendations?
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-09-2010, 7:03 PM Reply   
your question is a little confusing, youre looking for an all purpose wakeboard, or a kneeboard?

If u need a kneeboard any old one u can get off ebay will do the job. As for an all purpose wakeboard, just get one of the entry level ones from any of the major manufactures. For bindings if it is going to be used by multiple riders the velcro series from LF like the vantage will do a good job. For board size u probably want a middle of the road length like a 137-139 for adults or 130-134 for kids.
Old     (bridges)      Join Date: May 2010       05-09-2010, 7:34 PM Reply   
mark please read the first sentence after the title.. "i realize that this is a wakeboard site but"..... that means he prolly isnt going to ask something about a wakeboard. im not trying to be a dick or anything but he clearly states he is looking for a kneeboard lol so dont get offended im not trying to be rude..

i thot it was pretty clear that u want a kneeboard that u can do more than just ride in a straight line on.. i saw one in a video that they didnt have the straps around there knees meaning it wasnt attatched to them so when they hit the water and got some air they wud do a trick by pulling the board out from under them and do something but as far as different shapes off boards so u can get more air idk if they make such a thing.. kinda limited on a wakeboard but im sure there is something out there that u can do...

maybe try getting a old wakeboard and taking all the fins off on the bottom and maybe make u a little thing were u can stay attatched to the board like a knee board if u wanted and maybe put some pads on the boards for ur knees. think that might be the only way u cud get huge air on one of them.. i might actually try this now seems like it might be fun lol