Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (c_lennon_b)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-04-2008, 9:37 PM Reply   
All costs and hours aside, Supra 24SSV or the X-2? Both are 2007 and we have deposits on each of them. Let me know what you think...
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-04-2008, 9:44 PM Reply   
have you ridden behind them?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-04-2008, 9:47 PM Reply   
This has to be the most ridiculous comparison I have ever seen.
Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       02-05-2008, 12:35 AM Reply   
love my X-2 and have no complaints or issues with it. great boat and a little bit of wieght great wake. also gives one hell of a surf wake!

Upload
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-05-2008, 4:39 AM Reply   
I have to agree, this comparison is apples and oranges. I love the X2 (I am an MC guy), but they are 2 completely different boats. 4 feet is a lot of difference. How did you narrow it down to those two?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-05-2008, 7:13 AM Reply   
likely his price range. countless opinions on fit and finish vs. the two. so see for yourself

So, cosmetics aside, here's the points:
24 vs 20 ft boat.
lots of storage vs limited.
Big crew or small.
wake: huge or medium size ok.
rider level: beg or adv. May have to ride the 24ssv a little faster.
the X2 will make a bigger wake per pound of ballast. (gas efficiency could also be a point)

great boats, just pretty different.
Old     (rollna01)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-05-2008, 7:21 AM Reply   
Mike, That's a pretty sweet tidal wave you kick out!
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-05-2008, 4:05 PM Reply   
There is no comparison to the 24SSV,

My favorite wake by far, nothing else even touches it.

I have not been impressed by any of the X-2's I have rode behind, the wake has always been small, and the price is WAY to high.
Old     (liquidmalibu)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-05-2008, 6:21 PM Reply   
I agree that the 24SSV has a sweet wake. It's massive and all at the touch of a button!
The only problem i had with them is that they aren't as comfortable as i'd like....?
Old     (kingfish2wkbrd)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-06-2008, 9:23 AM Reply   
I've got an 05 24V Supra (same as SSV with the steps off the sundeck walk through). If you take 5' off for wakeboarding it is an easier wake to master. Great transitions and huge rampy wake. The wakeplate allows you to add the peak if you want. Wakesurfing is awesome out of the box. Just replace the rear bags with a 750 or 1000 and go play. Enjoy this picture or check out my myspace.
http://home.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user&MyToken=7f856fe2-9aee-4afa-b99e-f824a5df879b
Upload
Upload
Old     (c_lennon_b)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-06-2008, 11:28 AM Reply   
The reason it was those two was bc we got some wicked deals at the dallas boat show for each of them. I know they are totally diff but that's why we have the delima. We're losing a lot on one by taking the other, either way. As far as the x2, the pickled bow just grabs my eye and we are getting a little bit better deal on it...plus i know mastercraft is solid. But the Supra is fully loaded. Like i said they both catch us for diff reasons.
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-06-2008, 11:40 AM Reply   
You won't be disappointed with the X2, wake wise it's solid, MC customer service is second to none, Gas mileage is better, resale is better, and the pickle fork is most definitely revolutionary!!

You're most definitely hearing biased reviews from Supra owners, not to say I'm not biased to the X2 myself, but I've crawled in and out of an X2, riggin them and everything, you will have plenty of storage, and the best quality possible!!

What are the options you have on the X2?? Stereo? PP? Fly High Ballast?? For not much more aftermarket, you can have one of the rampiest, firmest wakes out there with the fly high system, not saying the stock wake isn't great either!!

What dealer are you buying from?? I'll be at the DBS on Friday!
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-06-2008, 11:41 AM Reply   
first off i dont own a boat and i ride behind a 05 X1 everyday....

supra's are dope boats.

I know everyone says MC this, CC that or you should get a 'Bu but at the end of the day if you beat the hell out of any boat it's going to wear and tear just like if you were to keep it pristine.

think about what you're getting in the 24' boat compared to what you're getting in a 20' boat. Take a look at the dealers too. I love Malibu boats but if the dealer wasn't up to my expectations on the service side or anything i'd go elsewhere. Have you been behind both boats yet? I've ridden them both and there's really no comparison as to what you get in the supra for the price as compared to what you get when you spend the probably close to the same amt on the X2.

they aren't pulling any of the pro tour events with an X-2...

BUT...thats just my opinion.

(Message edited by romes on February 06, 2008)
Old     (burberry03)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-06-2008, 11:55 AM Reply   
X2 ALL THE WAY MAN!!!!! you cant really compare the two. Mastercraft is superior; its just one of those laws of nature
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       02-06-2008, 11:58 AM Reply   
He has great dealers in the Dallas area.
Texas Mastercraft- great
Waterski boats Dallas- Great (Supra)
Waterski America- Great (Malibu)
Buxton Marine- great (Correct Craft)
And really they are all great dealers, so the dealers should not be the reason you pick what boat.
Get out behind and drive both boats and then make your decision.
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-06-2008, 12:05 PM Reply   
I know Texas MC is a great dealer, Our owners bought to MCs from them before opening their own MC dealership in Houston!

I'm not a big Supra fan, just had bad experiences on the ones I've been behind!! X2's are solid, no wake plate, great wake, better boat. there is a comparison romes. Not many people looking to buy an 07 boat are riding on the Pro Tour, therefore, that fact doesn't really matter.

IMO...

X2!!

http://wake-space.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=MWS&Product_Co de=8-W714&Category_Code=C5

two of these, and you ahve a monster weight, a great maneuverable boat that everyone can have fun behind!!

What engine does the X2 have?? The MCX is a great engine!!
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-06-2008, 12:19 PM Reply   
but what EXACTLY makes it a better boat?

so what you had a bad experience...i've had bad experiences on MC's but i still ride behind one everyday. i'd had bad experiences behind supra's too.

i missed the '07 part so my bad on that. but seriously you're comparing a tournament boat to basically a recreational wakeboard boat that looks like an X-Star?

it's all up to you cory. you need to get out behind the boats and make your decision based on that.
Old     (kingfish2wkbrd)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-06-2008, 12:37 PM Reply   
If you can justify the cost difference between the MC and the Supra you have a creative accounting degree. A few CNC'd parts, different stereo manufacturer is worth $20K? Don't get me wrong, they make a fantastic boat... There are many construction similarities. Hell that's where most of the original Supra guys used to work.

Resale is what it is... if it starts out at 80K and drops 10% vs. 60K and drops 10% which one has better resale? you lost more dollars on the 80K MC right?

Isn't it funny when you can still talk economy on a 60+ thousand dollar wakeboard boat. That's what makes Supra so cool.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-06-2008, 12:44 PM Reply   
I am in agreement to what jr is saying, there is a huge difference in wake quality when it comes to the two boats. The Supra puts up one of the best wakes out there, there is a reason all Supra riders (Benny G, Trevor Hansen, Josh Sanders) all ride a 24. If you want to compare wake quality to a MC you need an X-star. How many on the MC pro team have even ridden in an X-2 let alone own one? Having ridden both, this would be a very easy decision for me, the Supra kills.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-06-2008, 12:57 PM Reply   
I agree the new X-2 wake blows with stock ballast and needs a tonne of weight to make it nice and fun. I would take the 24 every day of the week and twice on Sunday. I even prefer the look and feel of the Supra, MC being superior this and superior that is BS IMO
Old     (c_lennon_b)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-06-2008, 1:02 PM Reply   
As far as the dealerships go, Texas Mastercraft was the best i've found out of any of them! And that's where the boat is. (although the Sanger dealer was up there) In all honesty, I love all the extra features in the Supra but I don't think i can turn down the MC. Just stepping onto it, it's so solid throughout. Plus the deal is too good to pass up. I really appreciate all the input. (for the record, the supra was 07 with 2 hrs fully loaded at $56 out the door. The MC was 07 with JL audio and PP and the essentials with no hours at $51 out the door and a $10k rebate after 3 years...rediculous deal without the rebate, gotta love the boat show)
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-06-2008, 1:31 PM Reply   
so they're basically paying you back the depreciation after 3 years? pretty sick

have you been behind both? just curious
Old     (jbarber3orange)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-06-2008, 1:57 PM Reply   
I heard something about that 10,000 rebate after 3 years. I didn't know if it was true or not. Thats amazing.
Old     (kingfish2wkbrd)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-06-2008, 2:06 PM Reply   
maybe they're betting you'll want the extra room after being in a 20' boat for a year. Compare apples to apples... 24ssv to the X-45 and see if the price is the same. 4' more boat for a few thousand dollars sounds like a deal to me.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-06-2008, 2:35 PM Reply   
If prices are within $5k, I just can't make a good argument for the X-2. Don't get me wrong, I love the X-2--it's one of the best looking boats on the water--but the 24SSV has the much better stock wake, and is obviously much, much bigger. Along with my old VLX, my friend's 24SSV is the best all-around boat I've ever been in. It's a tank to drive to be sure, but it more then makes up for it in comfort and room. Wake is HUGE with the Gravity Games package at 80'; never even considered adding extra weight. Assuming you have the space and gas money for it, the 24SSV is an obvious choice.
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-06-2008, 3:09 PM Reply   
Can't argue with quality. Pride in Quality and Ownership...
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-06-2008, 4:53 PM Reply   
I have rode behind both boats, and not just one of, but two seperate X-2's and about three 24SSV's.

Wake:

Both of the X-2's dissapointed. The wake felt like a speed bump as far as size goes, and there was no defined lip on either of the X-2's I rode behind. I was definantly dissapointed with them, and nothing like going onto the starting dock at a tournament and hearing the moans and groans from all the riders when we find out that we are behind the X-2.

The Supra 24SSV has never dissapointed. With stock Ballast, it is massive; But the beasts are easy to tame because of their shape. A long transition, with an abrupt kick at the top to give you an amazing boot, and the wakeskater in me smiles at the visable lip, without any wash.

Double Ups are absolutly insane. Lets put it this way, our local INT has never pulled a double up contest with anything but Supra's, and that was when we had X-star's and Tige RZ4's already in the water.

Comfort:

I'm sure that you have sat in both boats, and felt the cushions, but there is more to comfort than how soft and squishy the seats are. When you have 8+ people on that X-2, it's going to make an already small boat feel even smaller.

Looks:

I do agree, the pickle fork bow is very easy on the eyes; but you ask almost every wakeboarder on this site if they would rather have a pretty boat or a pretty wake, and the answer will be universal. And on top of that, Supra's are beautiful boats, its not like your making a choice between beauty and the beast.

Good luck with your choice man.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-06-2008, 5:43 PM Reply   
Perfect post... I was wondering something similar...

I have a deposit down on a 2009 X-80 and a 1970's Nautique 2001 which is part of the same dealers used inventory.

Pros and cons to each would be helpful. I am leaning towards the X-80... or am I missing something?

Let me know.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-06-2008, 5:50 PM Reply   
Your missing something all right. That grey squishy stuff that's supposed to be between your ears.

Even a fool knows the 2001 is from the 80's, that dealer is trying to dupe you. Haha

(Message edited by Ralph on February 06, 2008)
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-06-2008, 5:52 PM Reply   
24 SSV all the way. The X-2 is a great boat, but the wake is a tad touchy. The 24SSV wake is ginourmous with weight and big with just the factory. I am an MC owner and myself and I would take the 24ssv hands down if the choice arose. The Supra quality is there. You get more bling and a tad more attention to detail with the MC, however the Supra is rock solid as well. I won't argue the fact that MC uses some different construction methods and smaller detailed items that make them a step ahead, but Supra isn't garbage. It is a top quality boat. IMO Supra is a Mercedes Bmw Lexus whereas MC Bentley. BEst discription I could give. I will say there are numerous problems that have arose with the MC timed ballast pumps. Very finiky to deal with. But hands down purely on a wakeboard wake basis as said before there is a reason the X-2 doesn't pull comps or is sought after by hardcore riders. It is a 20ft boat that does a ton of things well and offers a tremendous diverse boat, but the lake is lacking compared to other models in the line. An X15 or even an X1 has a better wake. Though as far as a comp boat that does a ton of things well for a 20ft boat the X2 is in in the top tier and hard to beat. But against the 24SSV it loses out in my eyes.

Not sure you situation on towing, but if you had to tow to your lanch place a good distance.....X2 would win as it is much more tow vehicle friendly.

(Message edited by xstarrider on February 06, 2008)
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-06-2008, 6:26 PM Reply   
wow. my friend who rides behind my x 2 with stock ballast has no problems busting flips and sick tricks. you other guys may need to get a bit better. practice. if i cant hit a home run i wont blame the bat.
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-06-2008, 6:31 PM Reply   
great post Ponte!! X2 all the way!! Believe the baby X-Star hype!!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-06-2008, 6:33 PM Reply   
Oh, please. Next you will trot out that the pros can do all there stuff behind a jet ski. Yes, probably true, but I'm not pro so I need as big of a bat as I can get!
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-06-2008, 6:58 PM Reply   
hummmm, now i think the home run derby become closer between ponte and ralph i'll say 1-1 on this one
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-06-2008, 7:56 PM Reply   
you guys are great.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-06-2008, 11:43 PM Reply   
ownership goggles are funny... I'd go with the 24 SSV never seen or heard anything but good comments and pics on wake and comfort...
X-2 Never heard anything good about the wake... but I hear it has tons of room considering its length...

Storage wont be an issue I dont think, however seating may be unless you go for the 24.
That'd be my pick
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-06-2008, 11:56 PM Reply   
this coming from a guy who owns a malibu. yea. i would expect you to pick the supra. just kidding tyler. i bet you as time goes by you'll have better re sale with the master craft. the only money a master craft looses is gas money. ha ha
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-07-2008, 7:01 AM Reply   
Great photoshop job mike
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-07-2008, 7:32 AM Reply   
Nu Bu... I second that... With a surf wake like that... why wouldnt you photoshop it so your werent holding the rope? Who needs a rope when the wake is above the height of your head?
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-07-2008, 7:52 AM Reply   
He's just not very tall and they're using him as bait while fisthing for Pike.
Old    K.B.C.            02-07-2008, 10:29 AM Reply   
If I were choosing between the two boats you listed I'd definitely go with the Supra. Way more boat and I've heard great things about the wake. I rode in and behind an X-2 and wasn't all that impressed. MC makes great boats, but for a similar price tag you're going to get way more boat for your money with the Supra.

You should probably expand a little bit on how you'll be using the boat. How many people usually go out with you? etc. The X-Star is a more fair comparison because they are more similar in size. The two boats you are comparing are WAY different.

If all you're interested in is bling factor then you'll choose the X-2 because the pickle just looks so cool.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-07-2008, 10:39 AM Reply   
All eyes, when I was a younger lad, I learned my first 3 inverts and a 360 behind a Bayliner. Everyone should get a Bayliner!!!!!

For wake quality the Supra wins. End of story. For picklefork love, MC wins. I guess this goes to show how different peoples priorities vary. If I were out riding I wouldn't even look twice at an X-2, it offers me nothing except a place to chill, wakeboarding, not so much.
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-07-2008, 11:34 AM Reply   
Just because it has a sweet picklefork doesn't mean anyone can sit up there. The playpen seating in the Supra can hold more people then the super short X-2.
Old     (motorcitymatt)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-07-2008, 3:38 PM Reply   
Supra all the way... The picklefork bow looks cool but anyone sitting up there gets soaked.
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-07-2008, 3:53 PM Reply   
"Perfect post... I was wondering something similar...

I have a deposit down on a 2009 X-80 and a 1970's Nautique 2001 which is part of the same dealers used inventory.

Pros and cons to each would be helpful. I am leaning towards the X-80... or am I missing something?

Let me know."

Dude I thought you got like 3 boats for christmas or something like that. Ha how could you even think to compare the two that you have listed above. They are not even close to being in the same catagory. 2009??? HaHa whatever man.
Old     (kmcginty)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-07-2008, 5:02 PM Reply   
he was hitting the sarcasm button while typing, is your monitor not showing the sarcasm ghost? jk
Old    K.B.C.            02-07-2008, 5:04 PM Reply   
HeHateMe was poking fun at the thread, basically saying that his comparsion between the X-2 and the 24SSV is about as comparable as the X-80 to a 2001...He's right on and I think it's pretty funny, the comparison between these two boats is ridiculous.
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-07-2008, 6:45 PM Reply   
the new x2 wake is the worst i have seen. tried severel weight config. go 24! or 2001 haha
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-07-2008, 7:08 PM Reply   
$10k rebate? Details and what you need to do to get that was explained to you right? Someone help me out but I remember a thread or several posts a while back about how much crap you need to go through to get it.
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-07-2008, 7:08 PM Reply   
24 Supra all the way. Its just silly to even compare the two.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-07-2008, 8:01 PM Reply   
Mike, the photoshop is magic! I saw Laird Hamilton riding that same wave last week in Aohu!

Your right the pickle fork does look good but it looks like crap in the shop. Buy the Supra and ride it more than you have it worked on.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-07-2008, 8:17 PM Reply   
Seriously, X-80's don't even have that massive of a surf wake. That picture would set the wake taller than the boat, which, correct me if i'm wrong, is physically impossible.
Old     (kmcginty)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-08-2008, 7:40 AM Reply   
This pic was taken behind my 2012 X80
Upload

But in all seriousness. The supra 24SSV is an amazing boat. If I was asked what my top choice boat mfg was, I would say Mastercraft, but of your choices, I would choose the Supra. My most honest advice....

Buy what your wife likes.
Old     (24_ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-08-2008, 9:08 AM Reply   
If you can tow and store a 24 foot boat, get a 24 foot boat. My last boat was 20 feet and the 24 seems twice as big inside and can comfortably hold almost twice as many people. It also handles rough water much better. You really can't seriously compare the two options.
Old    willytown12            02-08-2008, 11:47 AM Reply   
ive never ridden behind the 24 ssv but I have spent alot of time behind x1, x2 and xstar. i agree the x2 is sensitive and it does take weight to get a nice wake (probably just as much as the xstar, but it does have potential to be good. The stock wake is not that great, but very few boats have a good stock wake. the x1 and 210 have nice stock wakes and sounds like alot of people like the 24 ssv wake as well. I probably like the x1 more but also like the space in the x2, it is a huge 20 ft boat. Supra makes a great boat but just wanted to throw it out there that the x2 can put out a nice wake when weighted correctly. i believe this pic was stock plus 2 400's in back and a walkway sac(approx 1200 additional in sacs) and 4-5 people. Like everybody has said comparing a 24 ft boat to a 20 ft boat is not really practical

Upload

(Message edited by willytown12 on February 08, 2008)
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-08-2008, 11:57 AM Reply   
"i believe this pic was stock" etc... I don't as of today thats the best looking new X-2 wake I've seen if that is what it is.
Old    willytown12            02-08-2008, 11:59 AM Reply   
stock plus the additional I listed. this is not just stock.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-08-2008, 12:03 PM Reply   
I realize that... and it looks very nice, but coming from many comp riders on this forum etc... I can't imagine someone riding a wake like that would think it sucks. I've heard of thousands of pounds on top of stock in that boat with little to no positive results. Just crazy to me a simple setup like you posted can create that wake when so many others have tried so many things beyond that with little to no improvement.
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-08-2008, 12:07 PM Reply   
24 all the way for sure!!!
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-08-2008, 12:53 PM Reply   
What is sad is why would you drop $50k on a boat only to drop another 1-2000 just to get a usable wake!!!

I have seen the Stock wake from both of the boats and Supra throws by FAR a better wake stock than the X-2 ever would.

Throw in the fact that Marty and the guys at WSBD are top notch and riders themselves and you have a win win situation.

THIS IS THE LAST WEEKEND FOR THE DALLAS BOAT SHOW!!!
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-08-2008, 1:14 PM Reply   
Just to clarify, here is a stock wake from a x-2
Upload
Taken from post http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/319215.html

or the Stock Supra ssv wake
Upload

taken from:
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/47643.html
Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       02-08-2008, 1:25 PM Reply   
HATE N PAIN the pic of me wakesurfing is not photoshoped it was taken at lake don pedro, we had 2950lbs of ballast and 6 people in the boat.
Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       02-08-2008, 1:25 PM Reply   
I dont know anything about photoshop never used it before.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-08-2008, 1:30 PM Reply   
That's all the wake you get for 3000 pounds....Psssst.

Very sad.
Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       02-08-2008, 1:32 PM Reply   
rich were talking about the surf wake up top.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-08-2008, 1:38 PM Reply   
And I said it sucked.

Especially for 3000 pounds.
Old     (wakechic82)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-08-2008, 1:40 PM Reply   
http://wakeboardingmag.com/virtual_boats.jsp

This will give you details about each boat and wake size if you want to compare the two wakes with pictures.
Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       02-08-2008, 1:43 PM Reply   
rich lets see some better pics then.
Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       02-08-2008, 1:51 PM Reply   
haha thats funny Allison!
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-08-2008, 1:52 PM Reply   
1500# in LSV
Upload

1600# in 247
Upload

Or if you want video of 2 lsv's with about 1500 pounds
http://www.wakepics.com/img/21039
Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       02-08-2008, 1:54 PM Reply   
all it is is different angles that the pics were takin at. clean wave!
Old     (wireman)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-08-2008, 4:41 PM Reply   
Watched the video. Not to impressed with the brain power. With that kind of crap going on it will be no time before they outlaw surfing.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-08-2008, 4:49 PM Reply   
Just like you're mike, looks like the camera guy was in the water like the ocean surfers do. Any wake will look big then, even the little X2 wake above. Could have been the camera lense to, lots of tricks in that photography.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-09-2008, 12:57 AM Reply   
Supra. Much better wake (and more space)
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-09-2008, 1:53 AM Reply   
No kidding. Like Mike and nu bu said. It is just the angle an where the picture of the surf wake was taken. No offense, but you aren't very smart if you don't realize this. As for the the X-2 that wake Rich posted looks pretty damn nice to me. Maybe too many people are putting too much weight in it and not in the right place. I have heard that much more than 1500#'s is useless. By the way the stock wake everybody says is so good behind the Supra is Fatsacs(that are plumbed in). If you can get that wake with ballast below the floor than we can talk.

(Message edited by polarbill on February 09, 2008)
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-09-2008, 8:40 AM Reply   
First off I sell MC, but here is my take on your situation.

Shopping by price is not the sure fire way to get the right boat for you. If I were working with you and you were choosing between a 20' and 24' boat (of any brand) I would try to back up and figure out where you primarily are using your boat.

Personally I typically ride small lakes to avoid crowds, for the type of conditions I ride in a 20' to 21' boat is perfect. In a pinch I would ride a 22' but really its more boat than is needed for most of my riding.

If I rode on the bigger lakes in the state or out on the St. Croix a 22' to 24' boat would be my choice. I'd still try to ride in smaller bays to get better water, but I'd likely have to traverse large sections of water and a bigger boat would be more comfortable.

Both boats you are looking are great boats, I'd focus on where you want to use them and then go from there.
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-09-2008, 7:34 PM Reply   
Mike, can we see your other surf pics?? I'm really curious to see the other ones, maybe from just a different angle! I don't think it's photochopped, just wanna see it from a diff perspective!!