Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old    dunk11            02-29-2004, 2:43 PM Reply   
Hey I was wondering if anyone has ridden in the Parks bindings or the Byerly bindings. The reason is I am about to buy a pair and I am trying to figure out what size I need. I wear a size 12 shoe and my brother wears a size 13. The bindings will need to fit us both. Does anyone know if we need a XL or a XXL?
Thanks
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-29-2004, 2:53 PM Reply   
Ive riden the byerlys before and I didn't like them to much... to long to do up the BOA thing... I would say get the XLs but dude most bindings just fit to one person like the foam and everything moldes to your foot and if some one else gets in there they will either feel uncomfortible
Old    dunk11            02-29-2004, 3:14 PM Reply   
Well we can only afford one pair of bindings. We can get over the uncomfortbleness of it. Do you have to reset the BOA everytime?
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-29-2004, 3:23 PM Reply   
when u fall out you do... which sucks.... try the parks but I recomend the LF ultras or alphas any of the new LF bindings are sick... I lov'em
Old    shiftywakeskate            02-29-2004, 7:52 PM Reply   
me and my brother share some hyperlite highbacks, awesome bindings! there XL and i have size 13 and my brother has size 11. they work pretty good for both of us, although a just a little big for my brother.
Old    cmm83            02-29-2004, 7:57 PM Reply   
I have XL '03 Byerly's. My shoe size is like 11...they are a little big for me, but they would probably be perfect for you and your bro.
Old    cmm83            02-29-2004, 8:03 PM Reply   
About the BOA... I don't have to use binding lube with them (you and your bro might?) so I save some time there. I pretty much only get to ride at OWC so I am constantly taking them off and on. I don't really think it's that big of a deal. Takes maybe 20 sec to get them both ready. If you ride mainly behind a boat it shouldn't be a prob at all because once you are in they shouldn't be coming off until you are done with that set.

I'm not really sure what you mean by "resetting" the BOA. You push the button in and turn to tighten...then just pop the button out to release the tension on the cables.

The quality of the '03's is questionable though. Mine are being repaired (under warranty) right now. I know a few others who are having theres start to come apart in certain places too. Supposedly the '04's are put together a little better.