Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Website Feedback, Suggestions, Problems, Etc.

Old     (ps3137)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-14-2007, 11:33 AM Reply   
for some reason its not letting me upload my pictures i can get them into the browser box and click upload and nothing happens
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       04-14-2007, 2:15 PM Reply   
How big is the file? Nothing will happen until the file is uploaded. Then it will give you the opportunity to close the box. The larger the file is, the longer you'll have to wait.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-13-2007, 12:50 PM Reply   
having the same prob. it says max size 1000x700 my pictures are all about 1750x1140 ? I tried re- formatting into scanner but smaller size was not "GIF or JPEG" I am a bit computer challenged, is there a way to reduce my pictures?
mine are on dell expert image
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-14-2007, 1:51 AM Reply   
There are several programs which will allow you to do an image resize that will take the size down to whatever you need. I'm not familiar with Expert Image, but I'm betting that it has a resize feature.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-14-2007, 3:06 PM Reply   
Thanks David, got it done, just had to ask someone one third my age to show me how!
Old     (mattsoderstrom)      Join Date: Nov 2007       11-07-2007, 9:31 PM Reply   
Hi David,

I noticed that your picture upload is 1000, as opposed to most standard image resizing programs defaulting to 1024. Do you think you can bump it just a hair, otherwise people have to resize down farther to 800x.

Thanks
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-07-2007, 10:55 PM Reply   
Never really thought of it that way, but that's a good idea. I'll do that right now. Thanks.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-10-2008, 7:46 PM Reply   
Hey dave it wont let me do it either, I hit the button and nothing happens, the pics I am trying to upload i have uploaded before so they are the right size.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-10-2008, 11:47 PM Reply   
Twitch, is the upload box not coming up at all? You might have a pop-up blocker stopping it. Try hitting Ctrl when you click on it.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-12-2008, 4:06 PM Reply   
No the box comes up but it doesnt always work, last night it did, and now its not, ill try using control.
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-12-2008, 5:41 PM Reply   
David,
This is probably a stupid question. Are there any programs that will resize the pictures on your side? I have been spending time on WW for a few years now. The ONE complaint I see constantly is people not knowing how to resize pics. I'm thinking companies like E-Bay and Craigslist must have a program that resizes during the upload. If there is a program that does that, I'm thinking it must be a cost issue.
Old     (tversetti)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-31-2008, 4:01 PM Reply   
If I were wakeworld, I would sticky a post in each section at the top with multiple ways to upload pictures. Heck, encourage some people to learn to use uploading sites because they are easier on your wallet also!
Old     (escapade4k)      Join Date: May 2006       05-03-2008, 10:16 PM Reply   
I have to agree with the resizing thing. It stresses me out. How about having one of the experts from the photo posts make a tutorial (that is like resizing for dummies) and have it linked somehow to the upload attachment button. So if you need it, you can click and open it and if you don't, you just upload.