Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-20-2007, 6:47 PM Reply   
When we went wakesurfing at Shasta we played with the front and rear ballast and we found that the rear and wedge was the best combination, but when we did the front and center we made it full. We have the stock 250 pound tank in the back and 350 in bow and 400 in the middle. How much should I fill the front/center tanks?
Old     (locwakeoutlawscom)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-20-2007, 7:39 PM Reply   
You need to sack the bow to lengthen your wave, the center helps bring the boat down ultimately giving your wave some definition. What you need is the stock 100%, locker + midship + bow then sack the side you wanna ride to give it the lean. Check out this article on slamming an LSV
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-21-2007, 4:28 PM Reply   
I'm trying to get my dad to get a few fatsacs for the front and back, but for now it's stock. I'm thinking that I should fill the front halfway and the middle all the way. Does that sound good?
Old     (riverrunner)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-21-2007, 8:46 PM Reply   
From a 04 LSV owner
-------------------
front ballast - full
mid ballast - full
rear on surf side ballast - full
wedge down if power half way
everyone on the surf side

Once the boat is fully loaded and everyone is on the surf side run it up to speed and adjust the speed as needed to achieve the best wave.
Old     (jrodhyco)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-23-2007, 3:55 PM Reply   
Rear full (one side / other side empty), 1500lbs in rear and side lockers, front full and 200 extra lbs. No center at all and wedge 1/2 is the best I have found for my 06 LSV.