Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-31-2011, 7:53 AM Reply   
Hey everyone,

just wondering what people are using for tablets -- Looking to get one for the following:

1. Basic web browsing (bedside or on the couch).... anything intensive I'll use a laptop - between myself, my mom, and brother there are 5 laptops floating around the house at any one time - but sometimes I just don't want to have the thing on my lap and/or have to fire one up for just a second.

2. Car/Boat Mp3 / media - I have a stock nav/in-dash screen and really don't want to do the hack to play dvds / other media .... so I figured I would just have the tablet in the car most of the time for mp3/movies (for passangers) / etc etc ---- I currently use my phone/pandora for most all my in car music, but wouldn't mind having a bit of a media library in the car for listening to specific songs or if there are passangers they can play with it or watch a movie.

Constraints:
I don't need/want 3g on it, WIFI is fine
Good battery life would be nice
I do NOT want a resistive screen
Android 2.2+ would be nice
Like to keep it cheap since it is just a luxury - don't need it for much
Would love a full size USB port so I could attach a hard drive and/or other accessories

I'm kind of between the following:
Viewsonic G tab
Gome FlyTouch II
but open to any other suggestions besides Ipads

Thanks!