Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (heath)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-23-2010, 5:29 PM Reply   
OK, so i have an opportunity to pick up a 2009 Natique Team Edition 230 that is sitting at the factory or a 09 Supra 22 SSV Worlds Edition. Both are brand new with no hours. Both boats appear to loaded with most available options. If you were comparing these boats and there was a 10K price difference between the two which would you choose. I like to ride some but mostly prefer surfing.

I have always heard that Natique is the creme de la creme but is there 10K worth? What sets them appart from the rest?

Any thought and options would be greatly appreciated.
Old     (ctimrun)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-23-2010, 5:42 PM Reply   
I don't have any experience surfing with the Supra, but I know for a fact that the 230 makes an awesome surf boat. My 210 makes an awesome surf boat compared to other 21' boats I test drove.

Nautique makes a very nice boat. I bought one over other makes because of the quality differences I could see when I crawled through the boats. I was asking myself the same question, whether or not the extra cost is worth it for me. The way I justified spending the extra was because I figured the Nautique would hold at least part of that extra value and I would recoup it when I sold. The Nautique dealer was also the best local boat dealer, so it was a win situation for me. IMO if the extra money is not a burden for you then get the Nautique, you wont be disappointed.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-23-2010, 8:56 PM Reply   
Since you surf, one of the strongest features you should demand is the CAT exhaust. I know the CAT is standard with Supra's Worlds Edition. Its one of those options that once you have it, you pledge to never choke on exhaust again. BTW the surf wake on the 22V is as good on either side of the boat. Short but very beefy

Judging by the price of the TE, I would guess that it does not have it but I know its offered on the TE for about 3k more.

On either boat you choose - the CAT is a must.

(Message edited by redsupralaunch on January 23, 2010)
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-23-2010, 11:12 PM Reply   
I'd say if there is a 10k difference, you better keep negotiating on the nautique... Should the nautique be more, yes... 10k, no.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-24-2010, 7:43 AM Reply   
1-Just open the rear hatch on the 230 nobody makes easier access to the engine and storage.

2-The PCM drive train is the best and most durable in the business.

3-Hard ballast tanks with three reversing pumps easy to add to the system with sacs.

4- Snap in carpet,hinged air dam door,movable rear seating.

5- Five year no questions asked warranty. You don't see horror stories about customer service with Nautique.

6- The 230 comes with the 6L 410 HP engine with closed cooling system stock.

7- For what its worth these days Nauti's have always retained their resale value. You would get the 10k difference back .

Supra builds a great boat I own one. But it can't compete with a Nautique. Its like a Chevy and a Caddy nothing wrong with the Chevy but its not a Caddy. I bought a new boat in 08 after almost 2 years of looking at the top 4. These are some of the reasons I found Nauti was the best.
Make sure you drive and surf both before you buy. Whichever you choose you will have a good boat.
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-24-2010, 8:08 AM Reply   
I would say that the Nauty is worth the extra $10 Gs. The 230 is a HELL of a boat. It surfs really really well and the wakeboard wake is really one of the best I have ever had the pleasure of riding.
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-24-2010, 10:24 AM Reply   
I vote the Nauti for sure for the same reasons mhunter listed.

Yes it's worth the extra money even at resale time.

Surf boats can get a Fresh Air Exhaust (FAE) so I wouldn't base the exhaust for anything.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-24-2010, 10:47 AM Reply   
My vote is the SANTE 230. I love that boat, and I love the PCM powertrain (it's what I have in my MB). It is just so quiet and runs so smooth.

Michael - Are you sure the 230 comes standard with the 6L? I'm pretty sure the base motor is the 5.7L 343hp. Unless something changed in 2009.

Here is a 2008 230 demo boat that's available for sale at our local dealer. It has the 343.

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/boa/1567178101.html

Upload
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-24-2010, 10:50 AM Reply   
Coming from a Supra owner, I have an 08 22V, I love my boat and think Supra builds quality boats for a good value. However, the Nautique 230 is a step up from the Supra, and would probably have a better resale value.

I will say, I do think the Supra looks better on the water and comes with a more upgraded trailer package. The Worlds Edition also has the 409 HP CAT ETX upgraded motor and the '09 has a much improved ballast fill/drain system from previous years. I believe the Worlds comes with 2,000 lbs of ballast stock and is easily upgradeable, which is also nice along with the Z-5 cargo rack. The worlds also comes with a great stock upgraded Roswell speaker/light bar package.

You cant go wrong with either boat, but I do believe the Nautique is a step up from the Supra.
Old     (cwfletch)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-24-2010, 3:24 PM Reply   
Never owned a Supra but do own a Nautique, transferred the warranty (3 out of 5 years left) and they have been nothing less than exceptional with a few minor warranty issues. The dealer network in Texas and Arizona treats me like I bought the boat from them. Over all quality and build of the boat is amazing and I have a lifetime hull, deck and stringer warranty.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-24-2010, 5:26 PM Reply   
Here is the 2010 Supra Worlds 22V, basically the same boat as 2009 with the exception of Supravision (ballast monitoring/GPS/PP Pro/etc...). The Supra also comes with a 4 year warranty on drivetrain/boat and lifetime hull warranty. This particular boat has the 3,000 lb ballast system in it and is full, that is why it is sitting so low in the water.

Guess you need to ask yourself if the Nautique 230 is worth another 10k? The Worlds is definitely the real deal.

Upload

(Message edited by fman on January 24, 2010)
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-24-2010, 5:38 PM Reply   
If I ever buy another boat, I'll be looking at a lot more than the outside of it to make my decision. I'll also look at how happy the owners of each particular boat are throughout that time, and how well the dealer or manufacturer has treated them. I'd rather pay $10K more for a boat that was built right, then try to save a dollar and have a boat that will fall apart within a couple years.
Old     (slax303)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Portland to Boston       01-24-2010, 5:48 PM Reply   
I really do like Supra. SC makes a phenomenal boat. But the 230 will be a better surfing boat, and like IXFE said, I like the PCM powertrain better as well. You cant go wrong with either one, but personally, I would go for the 230
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-24-2010, 5:59 PM Reply   
Fortunately there are a lot of satisfied Supra owners. After 150 hours, the two items I have had problems with were taken care of by Skiers Choice with no questions or problems. Personally, I would have no hesitation at all buying another Supra.

As I mentioned earlier, I do believe the Nautique is a step up from the Supra.

(Message edited by fman on January 24, 2010)
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       01-24-2010, 6:07 PM Reply   
I have never ridden he supra and i dont own a nauti
i rode the 230 at o dub in oct. Its was probally }the funnest wake i think ive hit.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-24-2010, 6:16 PM Reply   
Good for you Travis, I wish I could say the same but I'm still waiting for Reed to answer my 2 emails (or at least acknowledge that he's even received them) from 2 weeks ago. That was sent after our phone conversation about some issues.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-24-2010, 6:19 PM Reply   
I need to retract my statement of the 230 coming with the 6L standard. The 5.7 is standard. However its more than likely the boat you are looking at has a 6L. What motor does it have compared to the Supra?
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-24-2010, 6:27 PM Reply   
DBC
That sure is a sweeeet looking 230 reminds me of a certain 210 I'm pretty fond of.
Travis
The nauti comes with a pretty fine upgrade trailer package also.
[IMG]http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/suprahunter/skirack003.jpg[/IMG]
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-24-2010, 6:31 PM Reply   
That Nautique does look pretty sweet.....
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-24-2010, 7:44 PM Reply   
I agree that Nautique is a sweet ride, for $10k extra the Nautique is worth it. Especially when you are already talking about spending $65k+ for a boat, whats another ten grand.
Old     (nauti4life)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-25-2010, 9:56 AM Reply   
Nautique has won the JD Power award 7 straight yrs. PCM has won 4 straight yrs. 4 CSI awards. How could so many people be wrong. Nautiques hold up better than any boat on the market. You can't go wrong with Nautique!!!
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-25-2010, 11:30 AM Reply   
Supra has also recieved this award...

"We are also very pleased to announce that we have been a recipient of the NMMA Customer Satisfaction Index, or CSI, award for the past 4 years. The CSI program is based on feedback received from our customers that have owned and used their boat for a while."
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-25-2010, 11:43 AM Reply   
I hate all you bas@ards that have to deal with these issues every last one of you!!!!!
Old     (dru1974)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-25-2010, 11:55 AM Reply   
WOW,
This thread is funny, I am a former nautique owner 3 of them, and also had a ts6m supra owner, anyhow I agree with both sides, great boats both of them. I can say that the pcm plant is bullet proof. but I ordered a new boat that is in and it has the indmar power plant so I cant give any clue on its performance and reliability and I think that our 1990 ts6m had a merc plant in it. but the supra was built rock solid with amazing top notch performance and for that era was as good a boat as one could buy. cc and skiers choice are great companies and I believe skiers choice is the third largest ski boat builders in north america.

dont quote me though lol
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       01-25-2010, 4:35 PM Reply   
Both have easily upgraded ballast.
Both have great engine/transmission.
Both have great warranty.
Both make a great wake.
Both have many convertible seating options.
Both come stock with reversable pumps.
Both look great.
Both have about the same amount of room.
Both have won awards.
Both are quality boats.

Does the PCM last longer then an Indmar? I don't know. Are you going to keep the boat 25 years? Most likely not so who cares?

To me it comes down to the dealer and the cost.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-26-2010, 5:08 AM Reply   
They got a customer service award... What kind of awards has Correct Craft received?
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-26-2010, 7:48 AM Reply   
Heath, did you sell your Supra? Get in touch with me this summer, my regular group of riders has gotten thin. I need some one to ride with!

On topic, I'd go with the Nautique. See if you can get the price a bit closer. Either way you're going to have a great boat!
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-26-2010, 8:25 AM Reply   
Both boats are used to pull pro events.One is used to pull at Worlds the other at The Masters.Obviously they are both top notch,DEMO,DEMO,DEMO and choose the one that works the best and has the best options for you.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-26-2010, 8:44 AM Reply   
I would think that the Nautique would be worth at least 10k more than the Supra. First of all Nautiques are just more expensive when comparing apples to apples but in this case you are comparing a 22 foot boat to a 23 foot boat. What did a Supra Worlds Edition cost in prime season 2009? I would guess in the 60-65 range at the most. A nicely equipped 230 team edition was probably in the 75-85 range in the prime selling season.

That said I am sure both are nice boats and have great wakes. Let the Dealers fight over who wants your business more. Or at least find out which one is more desperate.
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-26-2010, 11:22 AM Reply   
^^^ the supra 22SSV should be classified as a 23 foot boat.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-26-2010, 2:58 PM Reply   
The Supra 22ssv is 22'6".The Nautique 230 is 23'1.5". So should it be classified as a 24 foot boat?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       01-26-2010, 3:18 PM Reply   
I would go with the 230 out of the 2 choices.

I would also look at an Epic 23v, before you make any decisions, great boat, great Wake.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-26-2010, 6:41 PM Reply   
For what its worth, 2009 NADA puts the two boats average retail $4100 apart without trying to get cute on options.
Old     (venom93corba)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-29-2010, 2:49 PM Reply   
Heath i just bought a 2009 21V Launch back in August for $41K. If I had the option of buying the Nat. 230 for $10k more I'd of done it in a heartbeat. The Worlds to me wasnt worth the $15K more that everyone was asking. Its easier to negotiate on a Launch then it is a Worlds Edition. I havent had one problem yet or even found anything to complain about but lets face it thats like comparing a Mustang to a Vette in my opinion ( no offense Mustang owners, ha ha and I've owned several stangs as you can tell by my user name ).