Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (lsukuntryboy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-19-2009, 9:53 AM Reply   
Im lookin for a rubber mat for my swim platform that has realtively little texture. i also would like to to be kinda thin, 1/4in at the most. Ive looked all over google and cant find anything thats not a non slip. everything that is non slip has a lot of texture, i think that would just tear up you knees gettin in and out of the watter. Im goin for the smoothness like on the moomba fiberglass swimplatforms. thanks in advance.
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-19-2009, 10:05 AM Reply   
there is a swim platform pad group buy going on right now on the Moomba bulletin board (general forum).

You still have time to get in on it.

Great products from a company called Seadek.

Choice of many logos including the wakeboarding kangaroo
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-19-2009, 10:22 AM Reply   
http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=80767
I was in the same situation. Sears for 20 bucks, cut and make it look how you want it. They had the diamond pattern but they had something more like what you were looking for, at least in this sears..
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-19-2009, 10:25 AM Reply   
I just replaced the rubber mat on my 2003 Supra with Gator Grip: so far I'm very pleased, and it only cost me $90.00 shipped for one piece to cover the entire platform. It has texture, but could be an alternative if you do not find anything else reasonably priced..

Thanks,

Ken Land
Bullet Lines
www.bulletlines.com
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-19-2009, 10:50 AM Reply   
Heres how I have been doing it for years.
Old     (jambor07)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-19-2009, 11:10 AM Reply   
I've seen a lot of people spray their swim platforms with spray-on bedliner material. (like Tuff Skin, Line-X, or Rhino Line) You can actually get them to adjust the amount of texture they add to the coating so it can be as smooth or as rough as you want it to be. A friend of mine owned Tuff-Skin in AZ and did platforms for multiple boat dealers in the area.

I think your best bet to achieve what you want is to have someone spray on the bedliner material with very little to no texture. Most companies even have UV resistant material now so it will not fade in the sun.
Old     (lsukuntryboy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-19-2009, 12:20 PM Reply   
jared i got that done already. just got it back yesterday. looks great, but i can tell that as soon as i put my foot on it in the water its gonna be real real slick. i dont think it will have much grip. thats why i was thinkin somethin with a softer rubber.

Thanks for the links guys. ill see what i can find on those.
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-19-2009, 2:08 PM Reply   
http://www.wakejunky.com/
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-19-2009, 2:09 PM Reply   
Hey Nick,
Did you have your teak step done or build another one?
Old     (lsukuntryboy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-19-2009, 3:37 PM Reply   
mine had a fiberglass step on it. i had it done. i was originally gonna build a teak step for it but decided since im in college and dont have a lot of money to throw around, i would just get it lined. It came out pretty smooth. looks like a wavy glass job to me. i like it. When i get the boat all together ill post some pics.
Old     (ttduncan)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-20-2009, 1:57 PM Reply   
here is another option for gator grip. we put this on the deck and it is soft and gripy when wet or dry.

http://www.noslipgatorgrip.com/servlet/the-Marine--fdsh--Boats/Categories
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-20-2009, 2:41 PM Reply   
Now I know what Ken feels like.....
Old     (skelley19)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-22-2009, 9:20 AM Reply   
You might want to check out Hydro-turf (http://www.hydroturf.com/products.php?cat=Sheets%20of%20Hydro-Turf). I ordered some to replace the grip tape on the molded platform of my Sport Nautique. I haven't gotten around to installing it yet because the boat is in storage but it seems like a quality product. It is pretty thin but soft and looks like it should be grippy when wet.
Old     (roger_dodger)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-23-2009, 12:52 PM Reply   
I went with a custom seadek pad and was super stoked with it. so comfortable.

http://www.seadek.com/Page_0_Swimplatforms.html
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-25-2009, 6:27 PM Reply   
A bit off topic but was wondering if anyone else thought the new 08 and 09 Malibu decks are really slippery. I had my 05 deck replace for warranty issues and they installed the new one with the silhouette of malibu with an illusion tower and its fine for just standing but if you are, say, hoping from one boat to another via the deck it gets super slick.