Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (neller0414)      Join Date: May 2007       05-31-2007, 6:25 AM Reply   
ok so i sprained my ankle pretty bad playin football a few weeks ago, and its not quite healed. last night i was out, and i tried throwin a tantrum and i under-rotated and hit way far back on my tail, and it just wrenched the sh*t outta my ankle and it swelled right back up, could barely take it out. i am riding a cwb transcend with just the torq bindings that came with it when i bought it (used).

what bindings should i get? i want closed toe with a lot of ankle support, or atleast some type of open toe that has a lot of ankle support, or else im gonna have to start wearing my brace or something. anybody have any suggestions? and if you have some for sale please let me know, i've been checking the classifieds already but i dont know what ones i should get yet. thanks.
Old     (darv)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-31-2007, 6:36 AM Reply   
I love my Ronix Cells. Fantastic support and easy to get into.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       05-31-2007, 6:41 AM Reply   
O'brien Analogs, or Xenons should to the trick nicely, super supportive and easy on and off.
Old     (lfshane132)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-31-2007, 7:19 AM Reply   
Closed toe watsons
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-31-2007, 8:03 AM Reply   
If it weren't for the closed toe stipulation, I'd highly recomend the CWB Fuses. They're the stiffest in the line and have great upper ankle support. I'm nursing a sprained ankle right now, too and the Fuses are working well for me.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-31-2007, 8:03 AM Reply   
The CWB Fuse is one of the stiffest boots on the market, great ankle support and they look sick as well.
http://www.cwbwakeboards.com/2007/index.php?mod=bindings_detail&id_prd=31&id_hed=5
Old     (neller0414)      Join Date: May 2007       05-31-2007, 8:08 AM Reply   
im not set on closed toe, i just see everyone riding them now, so i assume they are better...but i havent even ridden CT yet so i dont know, and i seem to do just fine with my torqs they just have very little lateral support
Old     (brick)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-31-2007, 8:15 AM Reply   
From the CWB line, try the Zeus and Fuse. Both ave great ankle support. The Zeus also gives you the hinge like the Torqs.
Old     (rrbooker)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-31-2007, 8:23 AM Reply   
I started with the cells but changed my mind and went with the LF Transits, http://www.wakeside.com/page/W/PROD/liquid_force_wakeboard_bindings/liquid_force_transit_bindings_07 . Which in my opinion are more comfortable than the Watsons!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-31-2007, 8:23 AM Reply   
Another suggestion for the Fuses.

I had to stop riding soft bindings a couple years ago becasue of ankle injuries. I started the Fuses for ankle support. Lovem
Old     (arizonarider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-31-2007, 8:26 AM Reply   
The Ronix Cells, Hyperlite 3ds, and CWB Fuse binding are some of the stiffest that i've tried.
Old     (neller0414)      Join Date: May 2007       05-31-2007, 8:40 AM Reply   
should i even bother worrying about closed toe? am i really gonna notice a difference? i just want something that i dont break ankles in and holds good. so far fuse looks good, how are the 06's? i dont feel like spending 300+ on bindings, but i mean if i have to then fine ill pay to save pain but i found 06's for like 150 bucks new...any big differences that you know of?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-31-2007, 9:09 AM Reply   
The 06 Fuse dont have the articulated toe that molds to you foot like the 07, but they are a stiff binding, with great ankle support.
If you got the money then go with the 07, if not then the 06 would be a great choice.
Old     (neller0414)      Join Date: May 2007       05-31-2007, 11:59 AM Reply   
thanks for all the advice...im gonna go check out some new bindings at the local board shop on my way home from work cuz i wanna ride tomorrow ankle swollen and all lol...i know they have some last year closed toes left over, not sure which brands and models cause i didnt look closely just saw them sitting there and they were like "oh man you have to get closed toes, we got some from last year for 230" i think they are LF not positive, so i guess ill try on whatever they have there that you guys have mentioned. thanks a lot for everyone that posted, and please post up if you have any other suggestions.
Old     (neller0414)      Join Date: May 2007       05-31-2007, 2:22 PM Reply   
what do u guys think about the 06 lf shanes? my local place has them pretty cheap, and in the store they feel great and relatively supportive, a hell of a lot more than my torqs.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-31-2007, 3:22 PM Reply   
If you want a stiff binding, dont go with the shanes, they're more flexible than others. I also recommend the transits. comfiest bindings, offer lots of ankle support. they are stif but still allow some movement for when you want to poke a grab.

I also think they're better than the Watsons
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-31-2007, 4:25 PM Reply   
Liquid Force Has A ---- Load Of Ankle Support, I Couldn't Stand It But Could Help You, They Go High Up The Ankle Too. Ronix Cells Are Also Very Comfortable And Supportive, But I've Only Tried Them On In A Shop, Haven't Ridden 'Em.
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-31-2007, 4:41 PM Reply   
I used to ride LF Alpha and I can say that the Shanes are way more supportive than them. Typically any high end binding will be stiffer than a lower end binding.
Old     (neller0414)      Join Date: May 2007       05-31-2007, 8:39 PM Reply   
yeah i figured even if i get the shanes, its a hell of a lot more support than what im riding right now...plus i dont want them TOO stiff so i cant get some ankle flex when bonin it out. plus they are only 240 at the shop brand new, limited edition ones which look so much better than the all white. so i mean im gonna buy some tomorrow, and i dont wanna pay 380 or 400 for the 07's....so i mean they got great reviews, and they were so comfortable...i just am hoping they really do hold up good. plus my local shop said that if i dont like them i can bring them back for in store credit of what i paid for them. anybody have 06 shanes that can chip in? thanks
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-31-2007, 8:47 PM Reply   
Thats what I got is the 06 LTD edition.
Old     (neller0414)      Join Date: May 2007       06-01-2007, 4:17 AM Reply   
i realize now that my bindings are actually the 05 krux, not torqs. lol my bad. they look pretty similar though. but yeah unless someone really suggests its a bad idea or that i can get a better binding for a better deal, im gonna go for those shane ltd this afternoon for 240...
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-01-2007, 9:37 AM Reply   
If you want no heel lift at all, get some zues'es or factions, you cant MOVE your heel in those.
Old     (neller0414)      Join Date: May 2007       06-01-2007, 10:04 AM Reply   
yeah, i dont really like either that much, plus lookin around i think i wanna go closed toe. makes sense, and i felt right in them cause basically everything i do is just a crossover from the snow. if i dont like them i can always take them back and trade them in for a different pair and they have zeus's there.

i almost am thinking i should go a size down with ct since its prob best to have your toes hittin the front nearly the whole time, those guys that said they broke their toes or ripped off toenails just have a size too big; same thing with too big ski boots and snowboard boots, get black toe...but i still dont want it to happen to me, id rather go a size down and have them nice and tight. any comments on that?
Old     (bobby211)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-01-2007, 2:18 PM Reply   
i have a pair of the '06 limited edition shanes and they are size 10-11s and i wear like a size 10 shoe and i hardly ever hit my toes and when i have its never been a big deal, but yea they have great ankle support n my feet never get sore and you get no heel lift.
Old     (matticus)      Join Date: May 2007       06-01-2007, 2:48 PM Reply   
dude i would rock the 3DS if i were you.....i have 3 torn ligaments in my lower ankle and it gives me great support....try them out dude!!!
Old     (neller0414)      Join Date: May 2007       06-03-2007, 5:34 AM Reply   
i couldnt even close to get my fat foot into the 3ds, and there was no way in hell i was gonna sit there on by boat wrenching my ankles into those. i just couldnt do it, it killed, but im sure once i was in they would hold like no other!

but i got the shane ltd's and rode them friday...i love them. good support, great response, most comfortable bindings ive ever put on my feet. i could ride all day. my first session lasted about 20 minutes, basically until i couldnt hold on to the rope anymore. thanks for all the advice.