Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (wakemetoday)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-07-2007, 7:32 AM Reply   
With all of the scams popping up lately and I'm about to buy a board from an individual online, what's the best way to make an out-of-state purchase if PayPal is not an option?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-07-2007, 7:37 AM Reply   
introduce them to wakeworld
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-07-2007, 8:00 AM Reply   
Buy one from a well know online shop! Try www.the-house.com

(Message edited by andy nintzel on March 07, 2007)
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-07-2007, 9:36 AM Reply   
www.activewake.com offers free shipping and a performance guarantee so if you aren't happy you can exchange for something else :-)
Old    DRA            03-07-2007, 10:51 AM Reply   
Go to Buywake.com and use DRA in the promotional code for some additional savings.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-07-2007, 10:56 AM Reply   
"I'm about to buy a board from an individual online"
good links guys, not sure thats what he's looking for
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-07-2007, 11:01 AM Reply   
Or just buy from a local shop. I know I'd rather lose some profit on boards and set people up than have people dissapointed with some purchases online. I also stock quite a bit of used stuff.
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       03-07-2007, 6:05 PM Reply   
Hey gary I tried DRA at buywake and it said the code has expired.
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-08-2007, 1:25 PM Reply   
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL PROSHOP!!!!

They will be there to help with any warranty issues and tech support.
Old     (whitie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-08-2007, 10:19 PM Reply   
You could try this.
Pay half by check and the rest via Western union when you get a tracking number and verify your board is on its way. If they flake or the board is not what they said it was then cancel your check. You my loose half but not all.

just my.02
Old     (wakemetoday)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-09-2007, 7:11 PM Reply   
Yes, buying from any shop is always best, online or local, and when dealing with individuals or Ebay, Paypal is the only way to go. However, my original intent was to offer suggestions for those who do not have those options for whatever reason. I'd never recommend sending money or a money order to a stranger. I was curious if anyone has any suggestions, such as the one above.